Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What's with Beast's dad bod?
    I remember Percy said Beast's weight gain and body changes were intentional and part of his story. But who knows if there'll ever be an actual explanation or payoff.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I remember Percy said Beast's weight gain and body changes were intentional and part of his story. But who knows if there'll ever be an actual explanation or payoff.
    So the scummier Beast gets, the fatter he gets? Checks out .

I kind of like it. He’s one of the older, if not the oldest, of the O5. He probably should be rocking a dad bod by now… I mean, ignoring the fact that the Resurrection Protocols can give you a designer body in your prime, of course. But Beast looks like he’s abstained from that, as evident by the fact that he didn’t go through the RP in order to repair his eye that he lost.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

So the scummier Beast gets, the fatter he gets? Checks out .
    Yeah because we so need a fat = evil story it's so fresh and modern.

CJA is a fill-in arc, and Vita is back on #30 after Lore. CJA said Vita is back after her arc on Twitter. No reason to believe Vita is not still on the book with #34 when the Escapade arc ends.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, in the article Danny said she checked with Ayala a lot about upcoming developments. It seemed to me like these fill-ins were getting ready to cancel the run or replace Ayala, but Ayala seems to be continuing.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Whats going on here? Also what is this new mutants power?
    The character is a trans mutant called Escapade. She's got some kind of 'swapping' ability that I don't understand.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/08/es...ew-mutants-31/

Escapade debuted in this year's Marvel's Voices: Pride #1

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I kind of like it. He’s one of the older, if not the oldest, of the O5. He probably should be rocking a dad bod by now… I mean, ignoring the fact that the Resurrection Protocols can give you a designer body in your prime, of course. But Beast looks like he’s abstained from that, as evident by the fact that he didn’t go through the RP in order to repair his eye that he lost.
    He also barely does anything any more. He's barely active in the field, usually just sitting back and concocting bad plans, etc.

Far cry from the jolly ol' Beast of old.

Tbh muscle-fat Beast is kinda cute. He's evil, but at least he looks good.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

He also barely does anything any more. He's barely active in the field, usually just sitting back and concocting bad plans, etc.

Far cry from the jolly ol' Beast of old.
    Once again, it's just unbelievable they didn't notice how they turned Beast into a pretty much universally reviled character, or don't care.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    CJA is a fill-in arc, and Vita is back on #30 after Lore. CJA said Vita is back after her arc on Twitter. No reason to believe Vita is not still on the book with #34 when the Escapade arc ends.

Vita will only write part of the story in #30 as sort of tribute to the anniversary (probably written way before issue 29), Alyssa Wong is also writing that issue.

Why would Vita disappear for 5 months if Marvel is not planning to reboot the series?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Yeah, in the article Danny said she checked with Ayala a lot about upcoming developments. It seemed to me like these fill-ins were getting ready to cancel the run or replace Ayala, but Ayala seems to be continuing.
    Not sure about that, the developments mentioned could be 'elsewhere' and not in New Mutants.

Danny's one issue run is a fill-in but then we have Alyssa Wong, then another CJA to do more fill-ins?
    Last edited by ericng; 08-29-2022 at 06:42 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Whats going on here? Also what is this new mutants power?
    Her powers are similar to Rogue except that it's a swap.

https://www.gamesradar.com/escapade-...de-new-mutant/

Co-created by writer Charlie Jane Anders and artists Ro Stein and Ted Brandt, Escapade can instantaneously switch locations or trade any specific physical or abstract attribute with another person, including items, powers, and skills.

However, Escapade can't use her powers at will. She can only maintain her powers for a few hours and has to be within seven feet of her target, which is a very short range. Plus, there's every opportunity for things to go awry – the more complicated the switch, the more likely the flub.

I like this book but it sucks we still haven’t gotten a story with the original Hellions.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    But why not just have Elixer repair his eye?