Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Cbr strongest heroes ranked (dc)

Hello, I saw this list
    https://www.cbr.com/strongest-dc-superheroes-ranked/

What do you think about this list?

I don’t understand the list:

Conner Kent is only ranked on place 25, but he was the only one who fought against Superboy Prime, fought also against Gog and a Doomsday Clone and in the first years, when he was TTK only he was able to fight Mon-El and on another occasion, he fought against Aquaman, Tempest and Dolphin and both fights ended in a draw (more or less).
    In both TV Show Titans and in the Short Comic Series Titans he fought against Donna Troy and basically won both times, even Donna showed superior fighting skills.

I really don’t know why they put Donna, Starfire etc. in front of him…

Mighty Member

Even besides the expected total disrespect towards anything related to Wonder Woman an absolutely laughable list with illogical and each other contradicting explanations, like always with these Cbr rankings, i think even many kids who just now and then read comic books could do a better job at this than these allegedly long-year comic book, DC, or whatever fans, writers or devoted followers, even though the part with likes Batman a lot is probably even true.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 08-30-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Interesting list, but...

- as much as I love Hawkman, I don't believe he's stronger than Conner Kent or Ultra Boy.

- not buying that Supergirl and Power Girl are stronger than Mon-El

- don't get why Jonathan Kent is that much stronger than Conner Kent if Conner is a clone of Superman.

- Wonder Woman should definitely be in the Top 10.

- not buying that J'onn J'onzz is stronger than Shazam, Black Adam, and Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Interesting list, but...

- as much as I love Hawkman, I don't believe he's stronger than Conner Kent or Ultra Boy.

- don't get why Jonathan Kent is that much stronger than Conner Kent if Conner is a clone of Superman.

- not buying that J'onn J'onzz is stronger than Shazam, Black Adam, and Wonder Woman
    Maybe Connor has too much Luthor in him? or He can't process the solar radiation as well as Jon?

This gonna make the usual suspects upset.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Maybe Connor has too much Luthor in him? or He can't process the solar radiation as well as Jon?
    Okay, that makes sense. I can accept that.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

It's a dumb list that reflects the writer's opinion. Nothing more.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    It's a dumb list that reflects the writer's opinion. Nothing more.
    You're probably right but I enjoyed reading it even though I disagreed with the rankings.

Interesting list, but...

Yeah, that's a definitive no.

Agreed. Another no.

I hate Jonathan Kent and love Conner, but I can buy this. Conner's powers often have been described as different than Kal-El's, plus, there's that pesky Lex Luthor gene in his cocktail.

Agreed, she sould. And that's only based on pure strength. If fighting prowess is involved, she should be very high in the top 10.

J'onn is one of my favorite DC characters of all, and, if we're talking about general full power level, J'onn definitly is a top contender, and very few can actually take him. However, when it comes to pure strength, while he should be high up, no, I don't think he is stronger than those mentioned. I'd say he's at least as strong as Power Girl (who I consider weaker than the three mentioned).

As always, these lists are terribly done.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I hate Jonathan Kent and love Conner, but I can buy this. Conner's powers often have been described as different than Kal-El's, plus, there's that pesky Lex Luthor gene in his cocktail.
    Well Jon does have that Lane Gene too. BUT who knows what Good Ole Grand-Pa El did to him...I am sure someone will write some nefarious story that Grand-Pa El mixed in some Doomsday while they were away, just because...

Instead of ranks they need to have tiers where multiple heroes reside and account for any of their weaknesses (if they have them.)

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Well Jon does have that Lane Gene too. BUT who knows what Good Ole Grand-Pa El did to him...I am sure someone will write some nefarious story that Grand-Pa El mixed in some Doomsday while they were away, just because...
    Can't forget being Ultraman's prisoner for years on Earth 3.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

You're probably right but I enjoyed reading it even though I disagreed with the rankings.
    Apologies if that sounded dismissive, I wasn't trying to be.

But these kinds of lists tend to get some people all bent out of shape!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Apologies if that sounded dismissive, I wasn't trying to be.

But these kinds of lists tend to get some people all bent out of shape!
    Oh no, you weren't being dismissive at all. No apologies necessary. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello, I saw this list
    https://www.cbr.com/strongest-dc-superheroes-ranked/

What do you think about this list?

I don’t understand the list:

Conner Kent is only ranked on place 25, but he was the only one who fought against Superboy Prime, fought also against Gog and a Doomsday Clone and in the first years, when he was TTK only he was able to fight Mon-El and on another occasion, he fought against Aquaman, Tempest and Dolphin and both fights ended in a draw (more or less).
    In both TV Show Titans and in the Short Comic Series Titans he fought against Donna Troy and basically won both times, even Donna showed superior fighting skills.

I really don’t know why they put Donna, Starfire etc. in front of him…
    I don't where you got the idea that Conner was the only one who fought against Prime.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.