Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Conner kent-future

My personal perfect Idea for Future Conner:

Hometown and Job:
    I see for Conner a mixture between his growing up at the farm and Luthor’s Job.
    A big ranch/farm (probably also in an European country like Scottland) and a house in Hawaii.
    So he works as farmer and engineer, which connects his growing up at the farm and Luthor’s Intelligence etc. and also what he did on Gemworld.

Family:
    Married with Cassie Sandsmark and 3 kids. It would be interesting seeing him as father, because he was born as clone in a laboratory. It would also be incredibly cool to finally have male members of the Super-Family who aren’t black-haired and have blue-eyes.
    It would be nice to have a Superman in future, who has blue eyes, blonde long hairs and has also some Greek features in his outfit like golden bracelets (because of his connection to Zeus, Diana and Cassie).

Outfit:
    I like the T-Shirt and Jeans Look and also the muscular look of the Teen Titans Series.
    I would change the black shirt with the outfits of Superman: Action Comics Vol. 1 (NEW52) and the Superman (NEW52) Fleischer Logo. This together with a leather jacket.
    I also like the Idea of him having the S Tattoo and a big Tattoo on his back and a real beard and longer hairs.

Fighting Style:
    I like the Idea that he also learns to fight and this gets displayed. Focus on Wrestling mixed with Muay Thai. So Clinch, Punches, Wrestling with submission holds and Ground and Pound.

Character:
    I like to see him matured, as good father and also as older brother/father figure/mentor for younger generations. I also like that he keeps a different character than Clark.

I think Conner can be even be a better mentor than Superman, because he basically grew up without parents, before he met the Kents and could feel better how it is to be alone etc.

I like that Conner has a different personality than Clark, but is more like a mix of Clark, Lex, Martha etc. of all people which have influenced him.

I also see him as more edgy, "rough" version of Superman, mature and a hero yes, but also keeping his edgy persona and not being a "boyscout" like Clark or Jonathan.
    I like the Idea of a Superman, who isn't always this clean, perfect persona, but someone who also likes to drink a whisky in a bar, drive a Harley etc.

It could be quite interesting seeing Kon as a dad. Bendis didn't do much with that idea. Three kids? I guess we are talking way way into the future huh?

I didn't like the idea of him bring a wrestler.

How do you tattoo a superman? Isn't Kon nearly as durable as Clark? Can he get cut and stabbed like regular humans? How would he get his skin tattooed?

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    It could be quite interesting seeing Kon as a dad. Bendis didn't do much with that idea. Three kids? I guess we are talking way way into the future huh?

How do you tattoo a superman? Isn't Kon nearly as durable as Clark? Can he get cut and stabbed like regular humans? How would he get his skin tattooed?
    Kara got a tattoo at one point as well. Don't recall if they explained it or not.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Kara got a tattoo at one point as well. Don't recall if they explained it or not.
    Lol, I've also often wondered how Kon got his ears pierced.

Maybe one day we'll get an answer in canon like we did with the how does Superman cut his hair question?

Maybe one day we'll get an answer in canon like we did with the how does Superman cut his hair question?
    Maybe he wore magnetic earrings?

I'm a big fan of Hawaii Kon - I do not like retconned-hybrid-Kon or him living with the Kents. I favor him being an architect, because I liked his interest in redesigning/updating the compound.

I do ship him with Cassie, and I would have them have children. Two or three.

I would never have him be Superman. He needs to find his own identity, and not fit in the role he was designed for as replacement (back before all the retcons). I do not like the teens characters of today (or the first generation of teens now older) growing up to take on the codenames of others. From an in-universe perspective, the idea that the pinnacle of their achievements is stepping into someone else's shoes is frankly depressing. No, for me, it's much better that they make their own code names just as great, just as remembered through history as those first-gen heroes. And they don't end up using an adult identity for 10-20 years and then just discarding it (when the older gen gets ready for retirement because they aren't *that* much older than Kon's generation and even less for the first-gen teens) because that other person's is more important to them than the one they forged themselves.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 09-03-2022 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Maybe he wore magnetic earrings?
    New 52 kon got a tattoo because his power is mental not kryptonion ,so his body isn't invulnerable .

Kara went thru a bad girl stage,and the tat went away (I think) thru healing factor and metabolism,similar to speedster like Bart

Kon had 1 earring ,just one,and it was where his clone tag,so he took it out and put it thru that hole
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm a big fan of Hawaii Kon - I do not like retconned-hybrid-Kon or him living with the Kents. I favor him being an architect, because I liked his interest in redesigning/updating the compound.

I do ship him with Cassie, and I would have them have children. Two or three.

I would never have him be Superman. He needs to find his own identity, and not fit in the role he was designed for as replacement (back before all the retcons). I do not like the teens characters of today (or the first generation of teens now older) growing up to take on the codenames of others. From an in-universe perspective, the idea that the pinnacle of their achievements is stepping into someone else's shoes is frankly depressing. No, for me, it's much better that they make their own code names just as great, just as remembered through history as those first-gen heroes. And they don't end up using an adult identity for 10-20 years and then just discarding it (when the older gen gets ready for retirement because they aren't *that* much older than Kon's generation and even less for the first-gen teens) because that other person's is more important to them than the one they forged themselves.

Yep,Scion or super X sounds good to me lol
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Yep,Scion or super X sounds good to me lol
    I don't care for either of those. Firstly, Scion means "descendant" - and typically refers a young one. Odd name for a 40 year old. More than that, I don't want him to be any sort of "heir" or to inherit anything and definitely do not perceive him as a son to Superman. Worse, though, it's a title that defines him as his role to someone else instead of an independent/stand-alone title. I want him to have his own code name that doesn't reference anyone else. Super X is derivative to me - also what does "X" stand for in this context (and that's a real question, not snark). It's kinda like how I like "Impulse" so much more for Bart than Kid Flash. It's a name that can suit an adult well, and you don't think of any other hero (or even hero family) when you read/hear it, just of the individual character.

I don't care for either of those. Firstly, Scion means "descendant" - and typically refers a young one. Odd name for a 40 year old. More than that, I don't want him to be any sort of "heir" or to inherit anything and definitely do not perceive him as a son to Superman. Worse, though, it's a title that defines him as his role to someone else instead of an independent/stand-alone title. I want him to have his own code name that doesn't reference anyone else. Super X is derivative to me - also what does "X" stand for in this context (and that's a real question, not snark). It's kinda like how I like "Impulse" so much more for Bart than Kid Flash. It's a name that can suit an adult well, and you don't think of any other hero (or even hero family) when you read/hear it, just of the individual character.

Well Geoff changed all that when he made lex and Clark his DNA donors and wanted kon to immulate Clark as much as possible ,and every version since then has been in geoffs kons image ,even Reign.Scu9n was the episode name of Smallville where Conner was introduced ,it also can go back to him being the offspring from 2 powerful houses (El and Luthor).after that he decides what his future will be ,not the.plus scion sounds like psi on ,which sounds cool.

SuperX was me joking about using my username lol,but it is pretty cool .not superman x like in the Legion show ,but still a super with that x factor that makes him different .

Well Geoff changed all that when he made lex and Clark his DNA donors and wanted kon to immulate Clark as much as possible ,and every version since then has been in geoffs kons image ,even Reign.
    Sadly true.

Scu9n was the episode name of Smallville where Conner was introduced ,it also can go back to him being the offspring from 2 powerful houses (El and Luthor).after that he decides what his future will be ,not the.plus scion sounds like psi on ,which sounds cool.
    I know a lot of people like it.

Sadly true.

Yeah no matter how much fun the original kesel kon was,we will never get a complete return to him ever again ,Geoff and DC has made sure of that .all we can hope for is that the Conner we have now has as many attributes as possible of kesels creation .

I really wouldn't mind kon-el being his public name (and Conner kent being a secret identity someday when Clarks openness gets reverted).I think a hero name for him doesn't need to bring much or have to much weight to it ,not when most know him as kon or Conner ,the hero name will be secondary imo.

Sadly true.

I love Conner being the offspring of Clark and Lex. It ties him closer to the characters and gives him more close connections to play off of.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I love Conner being the offspring of Clark and Lex. It ties him closer to the characters and gives him more close connections to play off of.

If they actually played off of them then sure,but they don't .

And their needs to be somethijg that shows he comes from lexs DNA (maybe not as much as Clark's,I mean he is a freaking kryptonian),like epigentove memory ,memories ,feelings,intelligence from lexs dna memory ,or lexs eye color (hiding behind glasses)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    If they actually played off of them then sure,but they don't .

And their needs to be somethijg that shows he comes from lexs DNA (maybe not as much as Clark's,I mean he is a freaking kryptonian),like epigentove memory ,memories ,feelings,intelligence from lexs dna memory ,or lexs eye color (hiding behind glasses)
    They did give Kon a higher hairline around that time.
    Lois has said Kon has Lex’s eyes.
    The Future Titans story had Kon close to Lex, but that Kon wound up being a clone of Kon, and it is an alternate timeline anyways.