Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

If Arthur is King of Avalon, then what happens to Jamie Braddock?
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Hope he's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Your positivity is always appreciated.

I hope we get news of whats next ASAP.

And please Marvel give us a good artist.
    I feel good about all of it because my hope has been that Tini would at least set things up in a big way for someone to eventually take over. And that's what I see happening now with Otherworld. I too would like a new writer so our characters can sound like themselves again, for sure.

And yes, a new artist that can really dig into the fantasy aspect but also draw beautiful characters would be great. Quinn does some nice landscape stuff, and I think he did a great job with Mercator, but his faces are not usually easy on the eyes.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Hope he's dead.
    Hahaha. Maybe Arthur will be nice and make him the court jester.

Fantastic Member

So there was a lot to unpack in this issue. Does Gambit unconsciously still has access to his New Sun level powers? His Death persona wasn't using an altered set of powers like before, but rather his own powers amped up. It makes sense if he never lost them, he just subconsciously suppresses them, seeing how he doubts he can control them. Last time he had them he was charging the skin of his teammates. His Death persona has less scruples and will tap into those powers.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Rachel immediately locates our Gambit and points down a hallway. (the posters that predicted she'd be able to find Gambit - well done!)
    WAHOO I GUESSED RIGHT (lolol)

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    So what are we gonna do about Wrongslide? Do we resurrect Rockslide and have the two live side by side? Do we kill Wrongslide and get Rocky back? Is it too late for him, since it's been so long? Time to wait for X-Men Red.
    I wonder if Rachel has the ability to fix both him and Gorgon based on her ability to see all versions. I think she does as she can essentially chronoskim to before he died and use that as away of finding him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    So there was a lot to unpack in this issue. Does Gambit unconsciously still has access to his New Sun level powers? His Death persona wasn't using an altered set of powers like before, but rather his own powers amped up. It makes sense if he never lost them, he just subconsciously suppresses them, seeing how he doubts he can control them. Last time he had them he was charging the skin of his teammates. His Death persona has less scruples and will tap into those powers.
    It's a good question and I have a feeling there's more to explore with Gambit with all of this. We saw Rachel's powers change when she entered Otherworld, and he has spent a lot of time there.

I still think there's much to explore because of what Destiny said to Rogue. Rogue said she wanted her to "prevent mutants walking through a gate and never returning" and if she was referring to what happened here, then Rogue did the exact opposite. To be continued methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    WAHOO I GUESSED RIGHT (lolol)
    Yes you said it, that's right! My apologies, I couldn't remember which brilliant poster mentioned that possibility. Right on the money and it was awesome.

I'm so happy for Askani. She's the new Omniversal Majestor. She should redecorate the Citadel and make it hers.
    Last edited by JB; 08-31-2022 at 07:21 AM.

So then does this mean that the whole danger of dying in Otherworld is gone now? If so, kinda a double middle finger to Rockslide given that that doesn’t fix what happened to him and kinda undermines the recent scene of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So then does this mean that the whole danger of dying in Otherworld is gone now? If so, kinda a double middle finger to Rockslide given that that doesn’t fix what happened to him and kinda undermines the recent scene of him.
    Correct, that danger is gone now. We don't know if Askani would be able to do the same for him but it seems possible. That may be an X-Men Red thread to pick up.

Speaking of threads, it'll be a lot easier for Sunfire to rescue Redroot now.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don't know how Betsy came to that conclusion. Rachel could resurrect Gambit in the Siege Perilous because he had that tour of the Starlight Citadel. I'm guessing that yes, they can be resurrected back to normal, but you need to prep any of the Mutants going in so they know how to leave a trail for the psychics to follow. This also is not a Mutant only thing. Hell they don't even need the Five anymore, just throw the corpse into the Siege Perilous and you can pop them right back up!

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    He's just somewhere where he can't spoil any plots by fighting eternals or orchis or whatever with his omega reality-warping powers.
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 08-31-2022 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    I don't know how Betsy came to that conclusion. Rachel could resurrect Gambit in the Siege Perilous because he had that tour of the Starlight Citadel. I'm guessing that yes, they can be resurrected back to normal, but you need to prep any of the Mutants going in so they know how to leave a trail for the psychics to follow. This also is not a Mutant only thing. Hell they don't even need the Five anymore, just throw the corpse into the Siege Perilous and you can pop them right back up!
    Maybe Betsy meant using her psychic sword on Gambit is essentially what any psychic could do, but they'd still need Rachel to locate the correct version since she's the timeline traveler. That makes the most sense to me. Oooh I wanna see more castles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Terrible conclusion as expected.

I feel bad that Betsy and Rachel will remain Tini Howard's hostages.

But for those who'd like to see how good Excalibur could be if it were properly written, I suggest reading Once & Future:

Attachment 124291
    Hmm read, liked it, good, not liked the slander of rest of the world myths and folklore(albeit it was more "I am afraid to check out really") but is a thing of brits. Their folklore tend to be so strong that is forgivable if they forgive the rest of the universe(and loot other nations for extra lore...wondered a Hindu myths vs English myths who gonna win...rrr was fun movie).
    This was ot bad, not bad at all(my personal choice would have been introducing Landelot and Gunivere in MU...usually adding this two to Arthur lead to funny thing-funny mean abloody messy affair)

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

The Rogue and Gambit scene was nice. I'm glad that he isn't changed and the different nods to Gambit's other personas/costumes was cool.

That said, I desperately hope Tini doesn't write them anymore. I'm so ready for a new writer to take them.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    The Rogue and Gambit scene was nice. I'm glad that he isn't changed and the different nods to Gambit's other personas/costumes was cool.

That said, I desperately hope Tini doesn't write them anymore. I'm so ready for a new writer to take them.
    It was a touching moment as I was legitimately nervous for them.

Seeing them together with the rest of the Krakoan crowd gave me the impression that they may indeed be free as Tini continues her Betsy story. There's still that stuff with Destiny lingering and I have a feeling that's still connected to SOS. If not, I'm hoping that with the next relaunch of the line other writers will pick up the new status quo thread and give us other Otherworld books. I'd like someone to continue the relationship between Gambit and the Crooked Market citizens, especially Geraldine!