Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

This series, and Excalibur before it, felt like bad fan fiction. I'm disappointed that it seems like Betsy will remain under Howard's pen; I'm not interested in any more stories about Otherworld and any excitement I had about Betsy's potential as Captain Britain is gone. I'm also not a fan of her relationship with Rachel, so I'm basically not on board with anything Howard has done with the character. I can see why others have enjoyed it because of the fantasy feel but it hasn't been for me.

Disappointed by this issue retconning Gambit's death and Otherworld as a foil for resurrection.

Now, mutants are in a position to be an uninteresting deus ex machina bunch.

As powerful as a story needs them to be and with nothing at stake.

Basically, Superman.

Mighty Member

Wasn’t impressed with this. This series and Excalibur have been misses. Poor execution on almost every plot point. Now I’m afraid that Betsy is going to just become a multiverse hopper with Rachel. As much as Otherworld is full of potential with the right writer, I’d like to see Betsy on Krakoa for a bit. To actually be a part and be present for things going on.

Any of the times that any of the X-men have gone through the Siege, they’ve all just lost their memories and started new lives until they remembered their lives before. I would have been more excited if Gambit stayed “missing” and woke up in New Orleans with no idea who he was and Rogue went on a quest to find him.

And the whole Betsy/Rachel relationship is so forced and overdone. It seems more Rachel harboring these feeling and then all of sudden Betsy’s in love. Eye roll inducing.

I’d be happy just to get all these characters away from Tini.

I don’t like that they did away with the “wrong resurrection” in Otherworld. It was something unique in the current X-books. I do hope we get to explore more of the other kingdoms though, I really have been enjoying the little bits of info we get about each place occasionally.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don’t like that they did away with the “wrong resurrection” in Otherworld. It was something unique in the current X-books. I do hope we get to explore more of the other kingdoms though, I really have been enjoying the little bits of info we get about each place occasionally.
    Well it's not like they can just make a new copy at home like they got going on in Krakoa. Looks like they'll need the corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Well it's not like they can just make a new copy at home like they got going on in Krakoa. Looks like they'll need the corpse.
    I suppose that’s true. I just thought it was a neat foil to resurrection, not that the writers did much with it. Tbh I do not care for how Gorgon came back so maybe they can make him right again at least.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Well that was a pretty fun conclusion to a pretty good series.

Still unsure about Howard's dialogue and poor grasp on some characters but the plot was overall fun and Otherworld continues to be the most interesting it ever has been.

It's a shame my boy Kylun didn't really get lots to do in the storyline. In KoX #1 it was retconned (?) that he has lots of experience of Otherworld (which never happend in Excalibur Vol.1) so I was hoping we'd get into that at some point, but maybe it was just a continuity error. Regardless it was just fun to see him in a book again!

I'm pretty ambivalent on Betsy/Rachel still, but frankly we are well overdue a saphic x-men couple who aren't z-listers. I've seen people ship godawful straight x-couples before and this is much better than most of those. So I'll take what I can.

I hope this Captain Britain tease leads to a solo series focused on the dangling S.T.R.I.K.E plotlines from Excalibur. I enjoyed Howard's voice for Betsy in both KoX and Excalibur, but some of the other cast felt so out of place in those books. A tighter narrative without Jubilee, Gambit etc... who never fitted in with these storylines and I'll be quickly adding a new series to my pull list. The closer to the Davis or Claremont Excalibur issues for me the better.

Astonishing Member

‘The mutants of Otherworld will never be threatened again’

Considering that, prior to pulling an entire oppressed population out of nowhere because people complained about the unironic imperialism in Excalibur, that the mutants in otherworld were genocidal Amenthi, the mutants who’d become a big chunk of Otherworld and Krakoan carpetbaggers taking advantage of Avalon being ‘rightful inheritance’ of mutantdom; im going to roll my eyes here.

I’m amazed how little Captain Britain has to do with Britain though

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    Well that was a pretty fun conclusion to a pretty good series.

Still unsure about Howard's dialogue and poor grasp on some characters but the plot was overall fun and Otherworld continues to be the most interesting it ever has been.

It's a shame my boy Kylun didn't really get lots to do in the storyline. In KoX #1 it was retconned (?) that he has lots of experience of Otherworld (which never happend in Excalibur Vol.1) so I was hoping we'd get into that at some point, but maybe it was just a continuity error. Regardless it was just fun to see him in a book again!

I'm pretty ambivalent on Betsy/Rachel still, but frankly we are well overdue a saphic x-men couple who aren't z-listers. I've seen people ship godawful straight x-couples before and this is much better than most of those. So I'll take what I can.

I hope this Captain Britain tease leads to a solo series focused on the dangling S.T.R.I.K.E plotlines from Excalibur. I enjoyed Howard's voice for Betsy in both KoX and Excalibur, but some of the other cast felt so out of place in those books. A tighter narrative without Jubilee, Gambit etc... who never fitted in with these storylines and I'll be quickly adding a new series to my pull list. The closer to the Davis or Claremont Excalibur issues for me the better.
    I got a kick out of seeing Saturnyne being held by Kylun as he valiantly protected her in the splash page. Perhaps a seed to blossom later? I do hope we continue to see him. He's a noble one and I've always liked him.
    Last edited by JB; 08-31-2022 at 02:30 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

I said when I saw Gambits statues it reminded me of Avatar and now it makes sense. This whole story kinda copied season 2 of legend of Korra where the portal stays up kind of thing

I don’t know how to feel, I’m kinda relieved it’s over and I can say I read it. I don’t know if it’s anything I’m gonna read again. I’m not sure I fully understand the Seige Perillus. It’s like a limbo type place?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    ‘The mutants of Otherworld will never be threatened again’

I’m amazed how little Captain Britain has to do with Britain though
    Has Captain Britain ever had that much do to with the country?

Brian was mostly based in the UK, but its not like patriotism was ever a big part of the character or anything.

If anything the Excalibur series that preceeded KoX focussed way too much on the boring plot point of people suddenly disliking having a mutant be Captain Britain.

BANNED

I loved how Tini wrapped up her run. Betsy is the true leader of the Captain Britain corps and does not answer to Saturnyne or Roma. Askani can see throughout the universe. Come to think of it, there are other mutants like Magik, Tempo, Cable, and even tbe Goblin Queen sorceress supreme of Limbo who could potentially help Betsy too.

I doubt we have seen the last of Saturnyne or Roma. I mean, they kind of new this would happen. They still got Merlín out of the way.

Not the permanent end of Merlín, either and boy will he be pissed. The citadel won’t remain magic less.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Wishlist for next series. Sexy uniforms for Betsy/Rachel and Larraz level artist. Please and thank you universe.
    Yes please.

Brian was mostly based in the UK, but its not like patriotism was ever a big part of the character or anything.

If anything the Excalibur series that preceeded KoX focussed way too much on the boring plot point of people suddenly disliking having a mutant be Captain Britain.
    I'm interested in seeing that plot point wrapped up and maybe it's coming since Britain's stance on Krakoa was briefly mentioned in Judgment Day. Lots of potential with the S.T.R.I.K.E. psi division.

I'm also going to need a Violet Swan one-shot.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Gambit got fake knighted by a former Captain Britain in one of his former series. The queen was right there. I think Gambit kissed the queens hand

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

I'm interested in seeing that plot point wrapped up and maybe it's coming since Britain's stance on Krakoa was briefly mentioned in Judgment Day. Lots of potential with the S.T.R.I.K.E. psi division.
    Would love to see the S.T.R.I.K.E stuff resolved. I got way too excited seeing Tom Lennox & co come back on Krakoa.

I just found the whole people hate having a mutant Captain Britain thing way too heavy handed and Coven Akkaba boring antagonists (hope they can spice them up a bit before they return).

It felt like a bad Brexit metaphor. I live in the UK, I have to deal with this nonsense in real life, I really don't need to see it in my comic books.