Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Dropped.

Utter garbage since the team change, Average art and duggan has lost the plot.

What the hell was that cyclops ending and the editor stuff was cringe.

Dugganheim
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Incredible Member

Cyclops judgment at the end is amusing, but in the context of the event itself, it undermines the seriousness of everyone being judged.

Additionally, the datapages are now definitely a huge crutch - the excerpted interview is nicely written, but makes no sense in the context of this comic due to the length of the word salad.

If this interview was instead presented normally (panels of Iceman talking, and word balloons) and slightly condensed, then the reader wouldn't have this weird dissonance (due to the data page presentation), of Iceman suddenly giving a half hour interview when he should be fighting the Eternals.

Extraordinary Member

Gotta agree about the ending undermining the whole premise of the Judgement Day event. The Celestial really doesn't seem like a threat if you can browbeat him into giving you a good review or if all that matters is your self-esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Gotta agree about the ending undermining the whole premise of the Judgement Day event. The Celestial really doesn't seem like a threat if you can browbeat him into giving you a good review or if all that matters is your self-esteem.
    I think is, at least in part, the point of the event. This made up god, patchwork of other god(metaphore about religion not even that subtle) and human hubris(hubris is Tony Stark second name, as ******* is Hank McCoy one) is imperfect as I perfect arethos that brought it to life, of course his scale for judge people is warped. And in a way reflect simplistic theological theories that in the end WE are the judge of ourselves. Theories thathad already appeared once of twice in MU. One interesting ones was in a weird trip to hell in late 90sHellstrom where that same concept was written

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Dropped.

Utter garbage since the team change, Average art and duggan has lost the plot.

What the hell was that cyclops ending and the editor stuff was cringe.
    Isnt this only the second issue, and in the middle of an event to boot?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really enjoyed Duggan continuing with the "Mutant Heroes Save Humanity" theme with this issue despite being bogged down by an event.
    Yes, Havok was nowhere to be seen but given his powerset I'm not sure how much of a help he would have have been against falling ice debris and solar flares. I just assumed he was off-panel fighting celestial tech armies with everyone else.

I thought the Scott/Zombie Celeste was a cute "**** You and Your Judgmental Arse" moment. I don't see why the Mutants should be taking any of that ****.

Pretty good issue overall.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-01-2022 at 08:24 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    NOT yet, it's still just a fan [slash] ship of wishful thinking, BUT... an ever-growing popular one, it seems, that could [easily] work if done well. And if done right, be pretty damn awesome, and HOT AF!!

He needs to be bi, though. That'd be best, I think. It's certainly more believable, and palatable, than Scott & Logan... that's for DAMN SURE!!
    I'm fully onboard.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

I enjoyed this issue. The team was used well. I get the "where is Havok" critique though. I mean you bring in Rogue but dont use a current member for a line? They could have used him on the space station. Get dropped off and instead of taking the astronauts off give him a little feat of absorbing any impact they would get.

Small detail but I think there was a place for him to get used effectively.

I love that the artist attempted to draw Iceman's new uniform in 1 to 2 panels and then gave up.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Poor Havok. Last issue he was nothing more than comic relief and here he's the only one who doesn't do anything. Everyone else gets to show off how awesome they are, but Havok doesn't even have a panel to blast something in.
    I am glad that Iceman gets to shine but Havok is put on the backburner...

Why is Rogue here instead?

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I am glad that Iceman gets to shine but Havok is put on the backburner...

Why is Rogue here instead?
    Because her powers were useful to what was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    He is taking the Celestial to Limbo to meet Maddie ?
    But... but.... Logan is male therefore he is Cyclops' husband and not wife!

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    But... but.... Logan is male therefore he is Cyclops' husband and not wife!
    Cyclops and Wolverine are def bonking, but are clearly not married yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    To be fair, 8 is way too big for a team and he shouldnt be on it anyway. The sweet spot for me is 5 and 7 at the highest end. Very few writers are able to juggle 8 or more and have it work
    I agree. And these arcs seem too short for the reader to get a feel like that we're seeing each character get their moment to shine, or even interact with the entire team. I'm gonna keep high hopes for the "The Vault" arc.
    Mutant and Proud!