Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Iceman and Jean doing he damn thing! Loved this issue.

I guess this kinda confirms (again) that Iceman doesn't require moister in the air anymore to make ice.

Jean, oh my Pink Venom Jean. Besides looking amazing with that art, I thought this was a damn good multi tasking issue for her. Global telepathy, constantly updating the team with the necessary info, astral projection, high order TK since I'm going to assume she re-did what was done in Planet Size but this time threw Bobby "up" at mach speed since it only took him a second or two to reach the upper atmosphere.

Also, Iceman's explanation of why he's constantly ice'd up is a nice in-story reason to why we've seen him be ice'd even in the most ridiculous situations like being ice'd up in the hot tub.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I don't like Bobby constantly being in Ice form I never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    To be fair, 8 is way too big for a team and he shouldnt be on it anyway. The sweet spot for me is 5 and 7 at the highest end. Very few writers are able to juggle 8 or more and have it work
    While I do agree with the sentiment, Duggan made the choice to have a 8 member team so he doesn't get a free pass for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Iceman and Jean doing he damn thing! Loved this issue.

I guess this kinda confirms (again) that Iceman doesn't require moister in the air anymore to make ice.

Jean, oh my Pink Venom Jean. Besides looking amazing with that art, I thought this was a damn good multi tasking issue for her. Global telepathy, constantly updating the team with the necessary info, astral projection, high order TK since I'm going to assume she re-did what was done in Planet Size but this time threw Bobby "up" at mach speed since it only took him a second or two to reach the upper atmosphere.

Also, Iceman's explanation of why he's constantly ice'd up is a nice in-story reason to why we've seen him be ice'd even in the most ridiculous situations like being ice'd up in the hot tub.
    what was the explanation?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what was the explanation?
    He does it because there are Mutants who cannot look human. He's proud of what he is, and doesn't feel like he should look normal to fit society's standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Frankly, a problem with Bobby is that his design without ice is... unidentifiable. Kind of like a skinny Peter Parker. He has no identifying features, he is just some guy.

For example you see Scott and he has his red glasses, Logan his hair, Angel can't hide his wings, Tony Stark has his goatee, Steve Rogers is extremely fit, Reed Richards has his gray hair, Xavier is bald, Magneto has white hair...

Bobby is the most standard white person out there.

I take it with the same train of thought as to why some artist can't seem to draw Storm with her normal eyes and always just have them white. In my head she's constantly scanning her surroundings for unseen threats or looking at all the different energy patters around her or making minute adjustments to make whomever she's speaking with comfortable in her presence.

At least with Bobby there's an actual canon reason now. Although I do have to wonder if people feel cold when they get near him or is his precision so fine-tuned that he feels "normal".

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Frankly, a problem with Bobby is that his design without ice is... unidentifiable. Kind of like a skinny Peter Parker. He has no identifying features, he is just some guy.

For example you see Scott and he has his red glasses, Logan his hair, Angel can't hide his wings, Tony Stark has his goatee, Steve Rogers is extremely fit, Reed Richards has his gray hair, Xavier is bald, Magneto has white hair...

That's a good point actually lol. I never really saw it that way but Bobby really is the generic white twink.

By the way, when did Firestar get time to change into her new costume? She was wearing a completely different costume last issue.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Unstable Molecules?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    By the way, when did Firestar get time to change into her new costume? She was wearing a completely different costume last issue.
    She had a moment. Let her live!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Wasn't she split in two by Ikaris in Judgment Day #3?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

But I feel constantly drawing him as a walking block of ice is part of that problem. Like in a time where discovering identity is & frankly always has been Bobby's go to storyline for writers why can't they just give him something to stand out? Like his most iconic look outside of ice is probably his red singlet from his solo.

IDK Bobby is just wasted under Duggan's thumb the power spots have yet to change my opinion on that. I feel Bobby has reached a maturity in his powers where the Outer Iceform as a whole could be considered unnecessary if you really wanna go there.

But I feel constantly drawing him as a walking block of ice is part of that problem. Like in a time where discovering identity is & frankly always has been Bobby's go to storyline for writers why can't they just give him something to stand out? Like his most iconic look outside of ice is probably his red singlet from his solo.

IDK Bobby is just wasted under Duggan's thumb the power spots have yet to change my opinion on that. I feel Bobby has reached a maturity in his powers where the Outer Iceform as a whole could be considered unnecessary if you really wanna go there.
    It's just that his "block of ice" look is extremely iconic. Brown haired twink, not so much.

I miss Bobby's ice halos on his wrists.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume