Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Question because I don't understand why writers have a hard time juggling huge teams.

Are writers limited to dialogue or how many word bubbles they can use on a page?

Because I don't understand why its difficult for a writer to write a character having input or an opinion on whatever current situation is happening OR having them do something relevant on panel.

People can typically think something or say something in 10 words or less.

Like there could have been one panel of Havok fight those Eternal guards with a word bubble saying "I'd love to help but currently devastating these Eternal nobodies".

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    By the way, when did Firestar get time to change into her new costume? She was wearing a completely different costume last issue.
    I said the exact same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Question because I don't understand why writers have a hard time juggling huge teams.

Are writers limited to dialogue or how many word bubbles they can use on a page?

Because I don't understand why its difficult for a writer to write a character having input or an opinion on whatever current situation is happening OR having them do something relevant on panel.

Like there could have been one panel of Havok fight those Eternal guards with a word bubble saying "I'd love to help but currently devastating these Eternal nobodies".
    Nothing stops a writer from filling their comic with text, but that is considered old-fashioned as it clutters the page and makes it less visually clear.

It is very easy to end up with blocks of text that occupy the entire page and over-explain what is happening or make comments that do not add anything to the plot and simply make the visual look ugly.

Yeah but if you have a big team they are ABLE to have each character have dialogue in every issue.

Yeah but if you have a big team they are ABLE to have each character have dialogue in every issue.
    Honestly, I don't think it's necessary for every member of a team to have to do something significant in absolutely every issue, especially if some are more focused on other characters (like this one with Iceman).

It can get very strict and unnatural if you have to be "Fuck, Havok has to do something right now" all the time, especially when this is literally only the second issue of the new team.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Wasn't she split in two by Ikaris in Judgment Day #3?
    Wasn’t that entire sequence an illusion created by the Celestial?

Amazing Member

Honestly, I don't think it's necessary for every member of a team to have to do something significant in absolutely every issue, especially if some are more focused on other characters (like this one with Iceman).

It can get very strict and unnatural if you have to be "Fuck, Havok has to do something right now" all the time, especially when this is literally only the second issue of the new team.
    Maybe Havok is still unconscious after getting punched by Ikaris in AXE 3

Mighty Member

Agreed. However I don’t like Havoc and didn’t even notice. The less Havol the better lol.

Also understand the complaint though. Had they done that to my faves!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Not sure how people are missing that the big fight in Judgement Day 3 last week was the Celestial pulling a Breaking Dawn part 2 and showing all the combatants what would happen if they fought, thereby preventing the fight from ever happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    By the way, when did Firestar get time to change into her new costume? She was wearing a completely different costume last issue.
    I said the exact same thing!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Sometimes I love a simple solution and this was one of those moments.A big ice shield to protect the planet from a flare. one and done. I didn't read his solo by tiny a lil while back but does Bobby identify as vers? is he a bottom? was good?

Aslo- the crude way that Rogue cameo was rendered was absolutely hi-la-rious! it reminded me of the old X-tumblrs where people like would have the fan art of Rogue just out doing stuff everywhere lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Doesn't Havok absorb cosmic energy?

You'd think he could have at least softened the solar flare.
    this took me out!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    She had a moment. Let her live!

that doesnt solve the problem bc hes still not doing much and not really being used or getting any character development. That would pretty much be giving him the Rogue treatment that we saw in this issue. The large cast problem isnt something that can be entirely judged from issue to issue but it becomes more apparent when looking at a run months in as was the case with Duggan's Maraurders
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-31-2022 at 12:24 PM.

Decent issue and story. Art is solid. Outside of Cyke and the Celestial this really wasn’t a tie in to Judgment day though. They could’ve easily put the Cyke scene in a main issue. Still was a good read though.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Celestial should have consulted Madelyne Pryor. Instant fail.

Social media spoiled this for me and I’m trying not to let their spin on things taint my view of it. Was a decent issue. Agree Havok could have gotten more.

Frankly, a problem with Bobby is that his design without ice is... unidentifiable. Kind of like a skinny Peter Parker. He has no identifying features, he is just some guy.

For example you see Scott and he has his red glasses, Logan his hair, Angel can't hide his wings, Tony Stark has his goatee, Steve Rogers is extremely fit, Reed Richards has his gray hair, Xavier is bald, Magneto has white hair...

Bobby is the most standard white person out there.
    That's why I loved the Unlimited costume, though. Give him a visual identity other that "whiter silver surfer".