Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    good wouldn't want a repeat of this
    Attachment 124305
    Bishop gonna have to follow through on that promise to break his arm if he keeps calling him that and grabbing his arm

This was a good deal of fun.

No, the stakes aren't huge and many of these characters are inconsequential, but at least they are fleshed out and don't feel hollow or surface level. I'm not left guessing at motivation or meanings, the dialogue is filled out and playful, the art is great. The action sequences are great. That huge explosion made my day. The plot isn't overly complex or the world-building grandiose, but you can easily understand where it all fits together and all the detail. Gambit feels like himself in this. Self directed, clever, charming, funny, lighthearted, with his own moral compass, and he is an actual threat. Of course Gambit is a terrible parent! He's what, like an 18-19 year old? He's more of the permissive cousin or uncle who let's you stay up late, eat junk food and watch the R rated slasher movie. LOL That is the right dynamic for him and 'Ro. Even as a child, she might be more mature than him in some ways.

Anyway, it was worth the read.

Marissa seems like a solid character, but potentially like a red shirt. I'm not mad at their little smooch session either.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm really enjoying this mini and find Claremont to be in top shape. There's absolutely no other writer who does character work at his level, not back in his heyday and not today. I'm ready for a new, ongoing X-team book set in the present day and written by Chris, please and thank you.

Fantastic Member

I enjoyed it , and i am curious with this Melissa who will wear Gambit uniform? Anyone if you remember did Gambit wears his iconic pink metal undershirt before he join the X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    I enjoyed it , and i am curious with this Melissa who will wear Gambit uniform? Anyone if you remember did Gambit wears his iconic pink metal undershirt before he join the X-Men?
    He was wearing it when he met Storm in UXM#266-267. Does he lend Marissa his outfit? Maybe it offers her some armored protection. I just don’t know how she’d fit her boobs into the chest piece.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    He was wearing it when he met Storm in UXM#266-267. Does he lend Marissa his outfit? Maybe it offers her some armored protection. I just don’t know how she’d fit her boobs into the chest piece.
    Maybe he always packs one armor for when a villain genderswaps him or when he meets a lady with the appropriate body.

I don’t remember the body armor to be associated with the guild. If it is it would answer how he can access one for Marissa.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Maybe he always packs one armor for when a villain genderswaps him or when he meets a lady with the appropriate body.

I don’t remember the body armor to be associated with the guild. If it is it would answer how he can access one for Marissa.
    15-yr-old Remy wore the pink outfit:

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeet's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Was this perfect? nothing is. But was it a comic? YES!! and as stated i didn't have to guess i didn't have to get in my head, i could just enjoy a good story with some amazing art. Really wasn't expecting this series to be this good. It makes me want to go into the live action panel thread and say this whole book. lol.

My favorite pages.

gambit00.jpg
    gambit01.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeet's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Was this perfect? nothing is. But was it a comic? YES!! and as stated i didn't have to guess i didn't have to get in my head, i could just enjoy a good story with some amazing art. Really wasn't expecting this series to be this good. It makes me want to go into the live action panel thread and say this whole book. lol.

My favorite pages.

gambit00.jpg
    gambit01.jpg
    All pages of Storm where good. Sid draws a expressive and unique Lil'Ro. Chris writes both of them as believable characters.

My favorite page must be: Gambit (2022-) 02 (of 05)-014.jpg

The nonchalance of catching the club and fliping the card. It not always what you do but how you do it and Remy always does it his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    All pages of Storm where good. Sid draws a expressive and unique Lil'Ro. Chris writes both of them as believable characters.

My favorite page must be: Gambit (2022-) 02 (of 05)-014.jpg

The nonchalance of catching the club and fliping the card. It not always what you do but how you do it and Remy always does it his way.
    Hahah that was a great page too. So many expressions in one page. Marissa looking like a damsel in distress the swinging of her but then it turning into Gambit being shocked this Marine has skills while the bat she kicked out of the guy's hand which was caught by gambit making you FEEL how quick and was and the time despite spending actual time reading the panels was superb. Another favorite thought it did take me out the story for a second was when Marissa took that bat to the head, but it kind of took me out and put me back in because i was like "she must have powers the way she shrugged off that bat." lmao. 10 out of 10 easily.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/