Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Love that the spoiler thread doesn't spoil or review anything and nobody cares.
    Considering the comic in question, so far the only emotion it cause is revulsion and headache..so no surprise people prefer to not know more about.

BANNED

IDK if 2022 AD happened the same way in Marvel-616, but Beast really hates Russians LOL
    475130A7-1812-4AEE-8222-A85EDCE891D3.jpg
    EEC9D4FC-45C0-491F-892F-06E3344045F4.jpg

Unglaublich!

I miss X-Treme Sage. I miss hers and Bishop's "team within the team".

The way she's been written in X-Force is a travesty!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I don't hate X-Force but the fact that basically every team member has become utterly detestable and mostly unreletable is... challenging. I can see what Percy has been trying to do with the likes of Kid Omega and Omega Red but both of those, along with Percy's versions of Sage and Beast, are really hard to root for. Deadpool's addition is an attempt to inject a bit of fun into a cast that's gone from morally grey to pitch black, but it doesn't really add nuances in the way Jean's presence did at the start of the series.

Overall like I said I still find the book somewhat enjoyable but I think I'm very close to being ready for a new writer and a new cast now.

I seriously hate how Percy keeps acknowledging that he’s writing Beast in a horribly unlikable and ooc manner in the book yet has done nothing to rectify it. Being self-aware of the problem isn’t clever when you’re just constantly doubling down on it rather than actually doing something about it.

Extraordinary Member

When was the last time Beast was written in the manner that made him popular in the first place? Is the current characterization really OOC when it's how he's been written for over a decade at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Sage being portrayed this way is sad. I remember when she was just chilling, doing a hundred things at once and enjoying a nice glass of wine in X-treme X-men. That’s the Sage I want.
    Claremont has written her the best, until his terrible Exils run…

Somehow I think it was Excalibur‘s fault where Sage had her turning point.
    Last edited by Aeon; 09-01-2022 at 05:46 AM.

I don't mind Sage having an addiction. I think the reasoning makes sense, she has a lot to process and alcohol was a way she found to relieve her mind of so much. At least she has a character arc now. She is going to be able to turn around this, I'm sure.

And they can say wherever, she is still one of the few that is keeping an eye on Hank.

Mighty Member

My first Xforce only because I’m into Kraven and the cover was awesome. What happened with his judgment with the Celestial? Did we not see it?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    When was the last time Beast was written in the manner that made him popular in the first place? Is the current characterization really OOC when it's how he's been written for over a decade at this point?
    He begun to be written that way around Utopia era. Problem is that since editorial became obsessed with the idea Cyclops was evil and wrong and the X-Men had to go back to being.a school in the mansion under headmaster Xavier (now Wolverine), Beast became their mouthpiece and I don't think they realized or cared how stupid he was. Bendis clearly did, but I don't think anyone since did, In editorial or writing.
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 09-01-2022 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    I miss X-Treme Sage. I miss hers and Bishop's "team within the team".

The way she's been written in X-Force is a travesty!
    At least he hasn't done her like he did Moira...

...yet.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    My first Xforce only because I’m into Kraven and the cover was awesome. What happened with his judgment with the Celestial? Did we not see it?
    I have nothing against Kraven. But I have no clue why in the world he is getting all this storytime in an X book? It makes no sense. He wants to go get naked infront of the Celestial for why now?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    He begun to be written that way around Utopia era. Problem is that since editorial became obsessed with the idea Cyclops was evil and wrong and the X-Men had to go back to being.a school in the mansion under headmaster Xavier (now Wolverine), Beast became their mouthpiece and I don't think they realized or cared how stupid he was. Bendis clearly did, but I don't think anyone since did, In editorial or writing.
    He was already starting to be a depressed mess a bit before, because of his research on the Legacy Virus and reversing M-day.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Problem then becomes that, even if you rationalize that his attitude then was in response to feeling that Cyclops had become too extreme, Cyclops has now returned to his boy scout nature yet Beast still hasn’t returned to his fun nature and now acts more akin to Dark Beast than himself.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

As for an actual review:

This issue starts with Clone Kraven's monologue from the preview.

After the title page (Why is Kraven in the roster call?), we cut to Black Tom running from Eternals dressed as Iron Man wanna-bes. He's in mid-call to X-Force telling them a large boat is coming ashore to the North. It's actually Omega Red with the traffciked mutants he rescued from those evil Russian flatscans. Sage asks Red for his help with the Eternals but he takes one of the traffickers and leaves to go torture him.

More Kraven ranting.

Cut to the drunk Sage who later shows Red the Shadow Room so he can practice being evil (pretty sure the island is getting nuked harder than a Call of Duty map).

Cut to Kraven again. He still has Deadpool's head and he leaves it inside the dead polar bear's mouth and mounts both their heads on the wall. Then he begins to study documents on Krakoa and X-Force (not sure how he got those documents.) Then we see Deadpool's hand crawl out of Kraven's bag and dismount his head from the wall (omg da **** is this?). Kraven is about to fight Deadpool's head and hand but the rest of Wade's body breaks into Kraven's house and Kraven's like "Yeah put yourself together so we can fight properly"

Cut to Sage and Beast at Blob's bar. Beast says some of the refugee mutants are doing stupid **** and that they should re-think the current amnesty plan to protect themselves. Sage says that's for the Council to decide. Beast says she's too smart to say something so foolish and dips. Sage takes out her flask and pours it into her drink.

So either Kraven beat Wade's ass or Wade is helping him with his bondage play. Kraven asks him how his stupid flatscan ass is even staying on Krakoa which responds "They gave a free pass, bitch" which ends with Kraven giving Deadpool the Moira X Special.

To be continued.
    "Cable was right!"