Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

The issue with X-force isn't the constant decline of its cast.

The issue is that the decline coincides with a meandering plot with no endgame in sight.

X-force doesn't seem to know where it wants to go, and that leaves it just a mess of short stories with the only throughline being "Boy, Beast sure is getting more evil, huh?"

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    The issue with X-force isn't the constant decline of its cast.

The issue is that the decline coincides with a meandering plot with no endgame in sight.

X-force doesn't seem to know where it wants to go, and that leaves it just a mess of short stories with the only throughline being "Boy, Beast sure is getting more evil, huh?"
    End game?

It's X Force Mutant CIA kill those who do mutants harm before they kill mutants what do you mean no end game. That is the game

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    End game?

It's X Force Mutant CIA kill those who do mutants harm before they kill mutants what do you mean no end game. That is the game
    How’s their track record with that?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I don't mind Sage having an addiction. I think the reasoning makes sense, she has a lot to process and alcohol was a way she found to relieve her mind of so much. At least she has a character arc now. She is going to be able to turn around this, I'm sure.

And they can say wherever, she is still one of the few that is keeping an eye on Hank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Problem then becomes that, even if you rationalize that his attitude then was in response to feeling that Cyclops had become too extreme, Cyclops has now returned to his boy scout nature yet Beast still hasn’t returned to his fun nature and now acts more akin to Dark Beast than himself.
    I know, I.just think the editors might enjoy too much that take on Beast because they clearly identified with him when that characterization started and don't realize or care that people hate him ever since Don't know if makes much sense, but it's the only explanation I got.

Its just kept going on and on and on

We all get it. Beast is a megalomanical monster who thinks he's smarter than everyone else, despite causing multiple catastrophes. He's being portrayed as the villain of the story. But its been almost 3 years of this plot. Are they going to do anything about this? They barely acknowledge all the war crimes Beast has done and almost nothing in X force has effected the line, so despite being one of the longer running books its kind of inconsequential.

Meanwhile, if you prefer to read stories about heroic characters doing heroic things, the long list of people implicated in all of Beasts' crimes through tacit approval or willful ignorance and inaction is enough to make you tear your hair out. And I guess we can add classism and racism to Beast's long list of sins, too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    End game?

I know you enjoy being obtuse.

But when I sya end game, I'm talking about a storyline, a plot progression, not randomly doing things to fill up time.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Its just kept going on and on and on

We all get it. Beast is a megalomanical monster who thinks he's smarter than everyone else, despite causing multiple catastrophes. He's being portrayed as the villain of the story. But its been almost 3 years of this plot. Are they going to do anything about this? They barely acknowledge all the war crimes Beast has done and almost nothing in X force has effected the line, so despite being one of the longer running books its kind of inconsequential.

Meanwhile, if you prefer to read stories about heroic characters doing heroic things, the long list of people implicated in all of Beasts' crimes through tacit approval or willful ignorance and inaction is enough to make you tear your hair out. And I guess we can add classism and racism to Beast's long list of sins, too.
    At this point can we just get a plot point where it’s revealed that Dark Beast infected Hank with a virus that has a digitized copy of his mind that that would be triggered in the event of his death and has been slowly corrupting Beast?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    At this point can we just get a plot point where it’s revealed that Dark Beast infected Hank with a virus that has a digitized copy of his mind that that would be triggered in the event of his death and has been slowly corrupting Beast?
    Return of the Joker style? It could work. But no, I demand the blue fuzzball pay for his crimes!

Like I get what Percy is going for, but he went for the climax too soon. Terra Verde should have been the climax that caused theQC to kick Beast out, the thing getting built towards. Instead he put it near the start and now I’m wondering what he’s going to do to top it.

Them shops keeping Percy going at this point because i KNOW I KNOW! people aren't leaving the store in droves with this in their hand. I don't know much but i KNOW this. I mean i think everyone gets to a point when they know something is just going in a circle and get off the ride. So i really have to say i wish there was a post it if you got it thread cause i just don't believe actual people, like individuals are reading this and buying it. I just don't. Even those who enjoy it can't muster passion about it. So come on, who has this on their pull list? I honestly mean no shade to those who do though, something just feels off here.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Them shops keeping Percy going at this point because i KNOW I KNOW! people aren't leaving the store in droves with this in their hand. I don't know much but i KNOW this. I mean i think everyone gets to a point when they know something is just going in a circle and get off the ride. So i really have to say i wish there was a post it if you got it thread cause i just don't believe actual people, like individuals are reading this and buying it. I just don't. Even those who enjoy it can't muster passion about it. So come on, who has this on their pull list? I honestly mean no shade to those who do though, something just feels off here.
    A lot of people buy titles just for...well, the titles. Slap X-men, Avengers, X-force, Batman, Superman, etc, and you'll never sell below a certain amount.

Also, remember the X-office let Austen in the titles for YEARS even though he was loathed. They are either slow to notice or don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    A lot of people buy titles just for...well, the titles. Slap X-men, Avengers, X-force, Batman, Superman, etc, and you'll never sell below a certain amount.

Also, remember the X-office let Austen in the titles for YEARS even though he was loathed. They are either slow to notice or don't care.
    They don't care, simple as that, people keep buying despite how bad the books, and i do mean books, are and ignore the backlash from them. Money talks after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post

But is it individual purchases are high or are store orders consistent. I mean in the end it doesn't matter to marvel but somewhere in the middle i as a fan wonder how much fluff there is in that padding.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    They don't care, simple as that, people keep buying despite how bad the books, and i do mean books, are and ignore the backlash from them. Money talks after all.
    But here's the deal- we've been shown over and over again that doesn't work. Breevort has always said that angry fans sell, but look at how the Avengers line is doing right now, nobody gives a crap anymore. Or the Inhumans push.

And is X-force really selling that well? While we don't really know numbers anymore, from what I could gather, is not even making the top 50 of best selling comics anymore.

Astonishing Member

There is a world of difference between Jason Aaron and Benjamen Percy

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    There is a world of difference between Jason Aaron and Benjamen Percy
    They both suck at different levels, but they suck none the less.