Thread: Hulk nerfed MCU

Mighty Member

Default Hulk nerfed MCU

Why was he nerfed? I miss the Savage Hulk and would love to see him come back. Love Mark Ruffalo as Bruce but man has been underutilized. Loved the Savage Hulk that we got in 2012 and 2015, but he gets beat by Thanos and won't come out cause he doesn't want to save Bruce anymore? I thought Hulk hated Bruce and vice versa. Then we get a throwaway comment in Endgame that boils down to "Oh yeah that anger problem I had? Well, I figured it out no biggie and so...yeah I'm Professor Hulk now" was really egregious. That's all you got? Nothing more. Lazy writing and character development. The fact that we are left with Gumby Hulk is unfortunate. And I saw a video hinting that we may get WWH but Skaar will be the proxy. Wow...just...wow.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Why was he nerfed? I miss the Savage Hulk and would love to see him come back. Love Mark Ruffalo as Bruce but man has been underutilized. Loved the Savage Hulk that we got in 2012 and 2015, but he gets beat by Thanos and won't come out cause he doesn't want to save Bruce anymore? I thought Hulk hated Bruce and vice versa. Then we get a throwaway comment in Endgame that boils down to "Oh yeah that anger problem I had? Well, I figured it out no biggie and so...yeah I'm Professor Hulk now" was really egregious. That's all you got? Nothing more. Lazy writing and character development. The fact that we are left with Gumby Hulk is unfortunate. And I saw a video hinting that we may get WWH but Skaar will be the proxy. Wow...just...wow.
    Tell us how you really feel. Please, don’t hold back, LoL!

I don’t have much of an opinion one way or the other on which Hulk is better, but at least Hulk with Bruce’s brain in charge has plenty of precedent in the comic.
    Last edited by Brian B; 09-01-2022 at 06:28 PM.

It's a mix of different reasons. One is business issues as incredible Hulk with Ed Norton underperformed. The MCU was in its infancy and it had to share rights with Universal. So Hulk got stuck in a secondary cast member role.

Other than that I think the MCU just leans towards humor. So Hulk become a source of comedy than a horror movie character. Similar with Thor who was struggling till Ragnarok.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Hulk gets weaker if he's smarter in the comics as well as movies- if we have any other version than Professor Hulk,.then Marvel is paying Ruffalo a good deal of money for doing less work.than most of the cast.

Extraordinary Member

I want to see MCU Hulk move closer and closer to Maestro.
    Or at least, fight the Maestro.
    Bruce already has the only time machine in his possession.

Astonishing Member

It wasn't even a good version of professor hulk imo

If you look at PADS hulk, especially in the earlier parts of that professor version, he was an absolute beast.

Threatened normal humans, even threatened to kill people (as a scare tactic to be fair).

I mean he literally killed trauma iirc by snapping his neck and toted huge guns early on.

Smart sure, but not less aggressive, just smart aggressive.

If you look back at infinity gauntlet and war he was always eager to kick off, especially against thanos in a brawl (not winning I accept).

The MCU version was a tedious shadow of PADS version imo.

He's a bit more like Bill Mantlo's "Banner Hulk" who was more calm and reasonable at times, and genuinely tried to be a super hero, but gradually started to revert back to the savage version (and then far beyond that into a mute, super-rage Hulk) due to stress from Secret Wars, Nightmare messing with his head etc. among other things.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth