Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Also, this also leans towards that theory is how the judgement is entirely based on how each characters sees themselves, rather than the Celestial looking from the outside

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Okay, so way back in X-factor 12 Apocalypse recruited a young teenager (artwork looks like a very young teenager) as the next Famine and mentored her. A later story confirmed that her and Apocalypse were in a relationship during which Autumn got pregnant with the -616 version of Genocide. I don’t remember if it was ever confirmed Apocalypse waited for her to become legal before he started plowing his student and subordinate.

I’ll acknowledge its essentially comic minutia but I don’t like Social Darwinism and I believe it is still cannon
    Ah, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Irene will always prioritize her lesbian waifu over the safety of the world.

And people say Mystique is the dangerous one.
    I mean, Mystique does the same thing for Destiny, these two terrorists really love each other and will nuke the planet one hundred times over for each other lol.

And yes, this issue the one that promised to be centered around Sebastian Shaw, threatens to not be about the great one in it's vile trickery!
    Not that surprising to be fair, Immortal X-Men is a lot about Sinister and Destiny even when other characters have focus.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shawn's issue has a few pages with his own thoughts about random stuff, and the meat is whatever Destiny or Sinister are doing lol.

...meh. Hey, did they confirm if Kate got those knuckle tatoos off her hands or is it just not brought up during council meetings?
    Maybe we'll learn about that on her issue lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Honestly, this and the issue where Steve gets roasted by the Celestial personally makes what happened with Cyclops even more stupid, because i hope that they at least show Frost's, Mystique's and Shaw's judgement and not repeat that mistake...heck i want to see Spidey and Jean's especially, regardless of the outcome because i want to know what they will be told about why they are getting thumbs up or down and not what we got in the X-men #16.

Hell, i want to see if they have the guts to give Jean a thumbs down and see the reaction from the fanbase over THAT nugget because it would be much more interesting than what went down with Summers. I want to see some actual struggle for once, i want to see if this makes Jean and Scott think that they need to start keeping the QC in check if this and others mistakes both known and unknown to them are going to keep happening which will further endanger them.
    Honestly, Cyke getting a thumbs up with no explanation why that was the case is, whatever, make it look like the Celestial only likes to explain **** when he's talking ****, which's really human now that I think about it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I feel like this is his base. He's not content with X, so he tinkers with and changes X and tosses out the old version that didn't make him happy. He does it to his bodies, with the clones. We recently found out that he does it to his *personality,* adding or removing behaviors, traits and beliefs like a 'choose your own Sinister' game. Now he's gone big leagues and resets *the universe* when it doesn't work out exactly like he wants it to.

His core seems to be 'not satisfied' and 'always willing to discard anything or anyone, and replace it with a 'better' version, that he will find disappointing about 28 seconds later...'
    "Choose your own Sinister" made me chuckle lol.

But yeah, good point, all of this makes it look like he's a control freak where even parts about himself are going to be discarded for the sake of achieving whatever he wants.

Also worth pointing out that what convinced him to not use the Moira save state in Immortal X-Men#4 was Destiny telling him "don't be a coward", and Sinister says later on that she was playing with his ego (Though he's also wondering how much she knows), so maybe stuff like that will be mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    So what's going to happen to the folks who get a thumbs down?
    The Celestial talks like if too many people get a thumbs down he'll nuke the planet or somethin', so if most people get thumbs ups, I'll assume everyone will be safe.

Will be complicated if he gives a thumbs down to most people though, Celestials can be rather tough lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Also, this also leans towards that theory is how the judgement is entirely based on how each characters sees themselves, rather than the Celestial looking from the outside
    I'd say the way he judged Destiny makes that dubious, he doesn't mention there what Destiny thinks of herself, but judges how she acted.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

I must have missed something... Is the Progenitor judging Earth as a whole based on the responses given by its mutant population only?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I must have missed something... Is the Progenitor judging Earth as a whole based on the responses given by its mutant population only?
    It’s judging all of Earths inhabitants. It judged Cap in #3 of Judgement Day
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    It’s judging all of Earths inhabitants. It judged Cap in #3 of Judgement Day
    Ah, I forgot about that... Thanks

expectations are low for this issue.. shaw story probably like 5 pages while destiny and emma get the remainder of the book

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    expectations are low for this issue.. shaw story probably like 5 pages while destiny and emma get the remainder of the book
    Lmaooo pleasee the way I’m praying to god this is the case ����

It's a good opportunity to flesh out a character who has been a two-dimensional villain for most of his print-life and you just want more Yas Queen.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It's a good opportunity to flesh out a character who has been a two-dimensional villain for most of his print-life and you just want more Yas Queen.
    Not only that, he was last portrayed by Duggan as a chump for more Yas Queen moments.

Is Shaw all that complicated? He gives peak "But I don't want to cure cancer, I want to turn people into dinosaurs" energy.

Is Shaw all that complicated? He gives peak "But I don't want to cure cancer, I want to turn people into dinosaurs" energy.
    I personally think he's been flat for his entire publishing career and Duggan certainly didn't work to change that perception(nor has any of his other depictions during the Krakoa era). Your standard mustache twirling villain. It might be too late hoping for depth from him. Gillen was not great with his Emma and Exodus spotlight the past two issues so I hope he can surprise me with this issue.

He wants to turn people into dinosaurs for money.

I'd like to know what he's been thinking about Lourdes Chantel. I hope they give us a glimpse of that since that whole thing was the most sympathetic I've ever been towards him.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

I think Shaw has the potential to be interesting. His whole story is like a dark version of the American dream. He grew up in poverty, worked extremely hard, and clawed his way up to the top. But he is so greedy and power-hungry, his "virtues" of hard-work and drive become vices, and he becomes a greedy, ruthless PoS. I am really hoping that the textless preview we saw is not a flashback to Shaw's childhood retconning him as growing up wealthy, because that is not Shaw's backstory. He actually IS a self-made man, and that shouldn't be erased.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Does Shaw really need a tragic backstory like every other X-villain?
    "Cable was right!"