Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Possibilities of Otherworld - Let your creative juices flow.

So just for fun and to see what ideas you incredibly brilliant lovelies come up with, let's pretend the new Otherworld status quo is as far-reaching as I hope. Mutants will eventually outgrow Krakoa if they reach a steady pace of population growth.

What kind of books/ideas/creative teams/character rosters would you like see?

Let me say right at the top that I echo CGAR, Devaishwarya and others in wanting an Al Ewing book based in Otherworld.

For those that haven't followed Excalibur/Knights of X (most of you? lol), a quick recap of where we are:

For the first time in I believe Otherworld's history (which is extremely rich), Captain Britain and the Corps do not answer to an Omniversal Majestor, as Askani's new role as co-protector of the multiverse along with Betsy makes that position obsolete. Since we know Howard will continue writing them, I want them in the Starlight Citadel(4) which hosts the Corps and contains doorways to other universes. This would be the hub book of Otherworld. I'd like Rictor and Shatterstar to stay. Arthur is king of Avalon again and Brian Braddock is his head knight so the Braddock family should be supporting cast. Someone(s) deeply connected to Rachel should join them. Suggestions?

Available realms:

Blightspoke(11) has no regent. It has doubled in size after absorbing Dryador, which had the passage to Amenth. Blightspoke is a celestial graveyard of failed realities, home for things that are a threat to anywhere else: screwed up singularities, irradiated land, deadly contagions. The land itself leeches life. Who can clean it up and run it?
    I'd like to see Askani chromoskim the strange items and learn of their origins for exploration.

The Crooked Market(12). Jim Jaspers is the current regent but he betrayed his kind and helped Merlyn until Gambit's death. Give it to Gambit and Rogue written by Chris Claremont. Gambit already has a connection with the people of the Market, bringing them food while they were in hiding. They can create a super high-tech multiversal marketplace (Geraldine runs the pop-tart shop obvs) and go on adventures to other dimensions procuring rare and valuable finds. Let's add Jubilee, Hellion, Prodigy, Trinary, Wind Dancer (a marketplace needs marketing). A bustling tourist destination.

Infuri, the Everforge(6) is home to the Furies. They were used by Merlyn to capture and kill mutants so it needs new management. It's the site of one of the greatest weapons forges in all reality. Give it to Polaris to run, and Bishop, Forge, and Cable can help design and create incredible weapons. The realm contains a literal sun, the Living Sunstar, in the center of the nation making it difficult to reside in so mutants like Sunfire, Magma, and even Rictor can make it more livable.

Mercator(9) will continue to run his realm which is also now home to Fort Krakoa. With the Siege gate residing here, this could be a landing spot/new home for refugees from various worlds and dimensions. It'll need healers, defenders, neighborhood developers, guides, trainers, welcoming committees, party planners, etc. This can be Ewing's book and I'd feature Monet, Cannonball, Pryde, Psylocke, Wolverine (Laura), Triage, Archangel, Dazzler, and many more.

These are just off the top of my head. Realms rise, fall, get conquered, and even annihilated in Otherworld all the time. It's kinda a thing so have at it. Hothive and Sevalith sided with Merlyn also so they're fair game.

I'd love to hear your ideas so have fun with it. As the nexus of dimensions within 616 and other realities in the multiverse, Otherworld is an important location and has infinite possibilities.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

If i'm honest i think Vita wrote it but i can't say for sure as it could have been Tini and it was awhile ago but i tihnk the issue with the guy who had horns and wanted to live in otherworld and the whole vibe was come to otherworld if you crave adventure and the idea if you died there you would come back as an amaglam of yourself i found interesting in itself as a setting as a way for mutants who didn't necessarily want to come back the same like Rocklide in X-men Red i think 3 talked about when he dies he wants to go to otherworld and die there so he can start over new again.

edit: lol that went kind of rambling deep. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Love the Academy X idea. Hellion would be a great spokesman, or he could browbeat Otherworlders into buying stuff. As long as he can keep his temper under control, it could work. But I wouldn't put Geraldine in charge of Pop Tarts, - she'd just eat them all and claim they were stolen.

We've been getting hints about magic school. I feel like Otherworld would be a great place for it. Think about it: you're surrounded by magic and magic users, you'd be away from Krakoa in case your spells go nuclear, and it would allow students to become more familiar with various forms of magic & magic-related culture. Roma or Avalon would be great places for a school.
    Last edited by Rift; 09-01-2022 at 07:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If i'm honest i think Vita wrote it but i can't say for sure as it could have been Tini and it was awhile ago but i tihnk the issue with the guy who had horns and wanted to live in otherworld and the whole vibe was come to otherworld if you crave adventure and the idea if you died there you would come back as an amaglam of yourself i found interesting in itself as a setting as a way for mutants who didn't necessarily want to come back the same like Rocklide in X-men Red i think 3 talked about when he dies he wants to go to otherworld and die there so he can start over new again.

edit: lol that went kind of rambling deep. lol
    I have the image in my mind of the character you're talking about but I can't for the life of me place the issue or book. I think maybe it was Vita.

Interestingly, the Siege transforms mutants so I dunno what might happen with mutants passing through it on a regular basis. Something is cooking methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Love the Academy X idea. Hellion would be a great spokesman, or he could browbeat Otherworlders into buying stuff. As long as he can keep his temper under control, it could work. But I wouldn't put Geraldine in charge of Pop Tarts, - she'd just eat them all and claim they were stolen.

We've been getting hints about magic school. I feel like Otherworld would be a great place for it. Think about it: you're surrounded by magic and magic users, you'd be away from Krakoa in case your spells go nuclear, and it would allow students to become more familiar with various forms of magic & magic-related culture. Roma or Avalon would be great places for a school.
    Ok yeah maybe Geraldine isn't a good idea. LOL! But yeah I wanted to try and pick characters that aren't really being used and the Academy X crew needs some love.

The magic school in Otherworld is a brilliant idea. When Magik is on X-Men duty Wanda can help out. There's all sorts of faeries, woodland creatures, those singing archers in togas, that the students can work with. I love this idea.

- I like the idea of a magic school for mutants in Otherworld. Grimoire of ~A~ being the main textbook.

- I wanna see a team of Mutants led by Selene and Emplate. Let them play in the Dark Dimension/Blightspoke/Dryador. Finding extra-dimensional mutants(omegas?), acquiring assets artifacts, weapons and resources for Okkara, and kicking demonic ass is the main objective for these new Dark Riders/Riders of the Storm/Inner Circle/Acolytes.

Actually, Blightspoke could be a great place to introduce elements from AUs, like the original Ultimate universe. I always had this cope headcanon that Magician left the Ultimate universe and has been camping out in 616 on the downlow. But maybe he could have come to Blightspoke to work on controlling his powers, alone and without putting anyone in danger. Maybe his remnants could be found in the sands and he could be revived. Or maybe he could pop up as part of the Sherriff's posse.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Will I deny that Tini Howard helped make Otherworld bigger and more interesting? No. She made a place for an abundance of story and exploration. Do I think that she should be the writer to continue this? No. Absolutely not. But we are stuck with her for one more series. However long it lasts.

One of my many complaints has been the Betsy has felt so disconnected from whats been going on in this post HoXPoX era. Which I suppose was supposed to be a good story beat for Betsy Braddock but IMO it was not executed well at all.

I know many people still want to see Otherworld explored but we've been there for three years; I'm tired of it even though for years before HoXPoX Hickman era I was begging more would be done with it. I mean I got it but too bad I wasnt a believer in the writers writing style.

The dream would be to have Al Ewing or Mike Carey as the writer of Betsy Braddock. Along side an artist like Jerome Opena, Olivier Coipel or Russell Dauterman.

But to answer the question:

Since what we've learned from these last two series is that Tini Howard cannot handle a large cast I would give her a smaller team.

I would want the Braddock siblings as supporting cast.

Betsy can have a team of 5 or 6.

Betsy, Rachel, Rogue, Remy will help with the sales. I can do without Jubilee and Shogo. IMO they are a waste of panel space because TH does not know what to do with them.

And add two characters that are adventourous and will explore Otherworld. Make it like X-treme X-Men Vol. 1. I loved how they bounced around from New York to Sydney, Australia then to Spain. I want that.

**** add Lifegaurd and finally change Neal (Thunderbirds) name to Agni like Claremont intended.

Everyone knows I'm a broken record about the dialogue. SO IN ALL HONESTY.

ARTIST CHOICE IS GOING TO BE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO THIS NEXT SERIES.

Imagine if Tini Howard had Pepe Larraz or RB Silva. The costumes would be sexy AF. The backgrounds would be epic. And the story would benefit.

Question for you guys: Would you like to see Betsy Braddock written by Chris Claremont?
    Last edited by CGAR; 09-01-2022 at 11:16 PM.

I would love to see Nightcrawler and Amanda Sefton in the next book, adventuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
    - I like the idea of a magic school for mutants in Otherworld. Grimoire of ~A~ being the main textbook.

- I wanna see a team of Mutants led by Selene and Emplate. Let them play in the Dark Dimension/Blightspoke/Dryador. Finding extra-dimensional mutants(omegas?), acquiring assets artifacts, weapons and resources for Okkara, and kicking demonic ass is the main objective for these new Dark Riders/Riders of the Storm/Inner Circle/Acolytes.
    Everyone walking around with a copy of the Grimore as required reading is cute.

Love the idea of a Dark Riders book. Who better to send into a place like Blightspoke than Selene, Emplate and other such charming villains. Like you said they could be allowed to cut loose in the celestial graveyard. They may even come across Magician for Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Actually, Blightspoke could be a great place to introduce elements from AUs, like the original Ultimate universe. I always had this cope headcanon that Magician left the Ultimate universe and has been camping out in 616 on the downlow. But maybe he could have come to Blightspoke to work on controlling his powers, alone and without putting anyone in danger. Maybe his remnants could be found in the sands and he could be revived. Or maybe he could pop up as part of the Sherriff's posse.

I'm not too familiar with the Ultimate universe but Magician's bio is really interesting. Some of the Sheriff's posse members are masked - in my head now he's one of them. Maybe the others are also established characters that prefer the nomadic life.

Huh, imagine how many characters from across the multiverse could be lost/missing/hiding in Blightspoke or Otherworld in general. The Marauders seem to be looking for mutants through space and time and Otherworld is the perfect nexus place for them to work from.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    But to answer the question:

Since what we've learned from these last two series is that Tini Howard cannot handle a large cast I would give her a smaller team.

I would want the Braddock siblings as supporting cast.

Betsy can have a team of 5 or 6.

Betsy, Rachel, Rogue, Remy will help with the sales. I can do without Jubilee and Shogo. IMO they are a waste of panel space because TH does not know what to do with them.

And add two characters that are adventourous and will explore Otherworld. Make it like X-treme X-Men Vol. 1. I loved how they bounced around from New York to Sydney, Australia then to Spain. I want that.

**** add Lifegaurd and finally change Neal (Thunderbirds) name to Agni like Claremont intended.

Everyone knows I'm a broken record about the dialogue. SO IN ALL HONESTY.

ARTIST CHOICE IS GOING TO BE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO THIS NEXT SERIES.

Imagine if Tini Howard had Pepe Larraz or RB Silva. The costumes would be sexy AF. The backgrounds would be epic. And the story would benefit.

Question for you guys: Would you like to see Betsy Braddock written by Chris Claremont?
    I like the idea of rapidly changing settings like X-Treme, and there's a lot to explore with all the different dimension at their fingertips now. And a lot to protect. Bringing in Lifeguard and Neal would be dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I would love to see Nightcrawler and Amanda Sefton in the next book, adventuring.
    Yes! I was just thinking of Feron and other Excalibur/magical characters. Amanda would be great here and could also participate in the magic school while Kurt is on council duty.

I'm gonna need Widget to return as well, perhaps as part of Betsy's court. I think she was an aide to the Braddock family last she was seen so it works.
    Last edited by JB; 09-02-2022 at 03:12 AM.

BANNED

Magik teaching a magic school on Krakoa would be awesome. With her magic and space/time warping powers, she would be a great ally to Betsy and Rachel.

I’d say Genesis and Apocalypse would be in the mix at some point as well.

I think with their multiversal work cut out ahead of them Captain Britain and Askani will have dealings with the Goblin Queen, the sorceress supreme of Limbo.

I think other mutants whose have powers connected to time and space would be involved like Tempo, Cable,etc.

I love all the suggestions others have made so far.

Betsy and Rachel did not take the citadel. Merlín was the omniversal majestor. He got killed. The magic of the citadel may have reverted back to Saturnyne. She sbd Roma don’t go quietly into the night.

I expect those two reform their armies. OtherWorld is always drama.

Definitely give Polaris everforge. It would give her something important to do.

Definitely let Magik run a magic school. Actually, since Merlín is evil and Saturnyne and Roma are shady enough
    Maybe Illyana can be the sorceress supreme of OtherWorld, omniversal majestor?

Could they have been setting her up for this all along? I think so.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Free Redroot the Forest...!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Horned Blue boy's name is Josh.

I see a "separate Otherworld Office with one Editor, three writers (Claremont, Ewing, Vita) with a revolving/changing roster of artists (one for each story arc so we have visual continuity) who are exploring every facet of Otherworld,, its realms and its inhabitants as completely separate from Krakoa and Arakko.

Note: Not three writers with three different books. One book/title "Otherworld"...with Three writers alternating from arc to arc creating in tandem with each other to craft and build and develop the world and characters. (This way they're free to actually pursue and focus on their other main books)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-02-2022 at 07:05 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Having a phenomenal artist like either of the above would be amazing. I'm not aware of what Silva is up to currently.

I thought about the Claremont question and I say definitely yes. Considering he created her and attempted to put her back in her original body (twice I believe?), it'd be a great full circle moment for him to write her again.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Magik teaching a magic school on Krakoa would be awesome. With her magic and space/time warping powers, she would be a great ally to Betsy and Rachel.

I’d say Genesis and Apocalypse would be in the mix at some point as well.

I think with their multiversal work cut out ahead of them Captain Britain and Askani will have dealings with the Goblin Queen, the sorceress supreme of Limbo.

I think other mutants whose have powers connected to time and space would be involved like Tempo, Cable,etc.

I love all the suggestions others have made so far.

Betsy and Rachel did not take the citadel. Merlín was the omniversal majestor. He got killed. The magic of the citadel may have reverted back to Saturnyne. She sbd Roma don’t go quietly into the night.

I expect those two reform their armies. OtherWorld is always drama.

Definitely give Polaris everforge. It would give her something important to do.

Definitely let Magik run a magic school. Actually, since Merlín is evil and Saturnyne and Roma are shady enough
    Maybe Illyana can be the sorceress supreme of OtherWorld, omniversal majestor?

Could they have been setting her up for this all along? I think so.
    Always drama indeed and I like the idea of Saturnyne and Roma being thorns in Betsy's side. Bring back the Vixen too!

The more I think about Magik's school of magic in Otherworld, the more I love the idea. And I think you're onto something with her being the head magic wielder of Otherworld now that she has let go of Limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Free Redroot the Forest...!
    Yes! Another poster mentioned that maybe Polaris will assist Sunfire considering both were seen in KoX #5. The fact that she was sitting by herself, pondering perhaps, I think she may want to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Horned Blue boy's name is Josh.

I see a "separate Otherworld Office with one Editor, three writers (Claremont, Ewing, Vita) with a revolving/changing roster of artists (one for each story arc so we have visual continuity) who are exploring every facet of Otherworld its realms and its inhabitants as completely separate from Krakoa and Arakko.
    Josh, thank you!

A separate Otherworld office as you describe would be really great. There's so much potential with this setting that I think it deserves that kind of focus.

To Rift's point when mentioning Magician, there's so many characters from so many cool alternate realities that our heroes could encounter. I know Krakoa doesn't want copies but having them run into different versions of our faves would be fun. I instantly thought of the AOA and Vincente.

Maybe once the Marauders are done with their current quest they'll park themselves in Otherworld. Askani, with the ability to see different timelines, could act as their hub and directing quests. Rachel and Kitty working together again? Yes please.
    Last edited by JB; 09-02-2022 at 07:32 AM.

Posting these here in hope of manifesting their involvement. Thanks PolarIceFire for bringing the below post to my attention. On Polaris...

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    and...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm also thinking that in the Otherworld Office the writers will be free to expand their creative range by exploring and experimenting with any sub-genre they choose like horror, high-fantasy, super-heroics, slice-of-life, comedy (like the ridiculous digital stories with what's her name) etc. anything and everything out of the norm. Much like the world they're writing about they're not bound by any set rules. It can be the book where we get the most wild and creative with the stories and storytelling.

While I don't mind a set group of established and well-known X-Characters: the current KoX team is perfect, actually...I would also want to develop and expand and showcase new characters from within the Realms themselves.

As for artists...let's get the up and comers, the needle movers and shakers, the storm breakers.

In other words...Otherworld could be the book where anything and everything goes and the readers won't know what to expect from month to month, arc to arc.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!