Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amazing Member

An announcement saying that Howard won't be writing the next series after all and either Ewing or Wells ( absolutely loved Hellions ) will be taking over, I can but dream !

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Getting rid of the death angle, the only thing that prevented the protocols from having any restriction or limit of any kind...now makes it far far less interesting imo. So now theres literally not even an illusion of life or death stakes ever, huh

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm also thinking that in the Otherworld Office the writers will be free to expand their creative range by exploring and experimenting with any sub-genre they choose like horror, high-fantasy, super-heroics, slice-of-life, comedy (like the ridiculous digital stories with what's her name) etc. anything and everything out of the norm. Much like the world they're writing about they're not bound by any set rules. It can be the book where we get the most wild and creative with the stories and storytelling.

While I don't mind a set group of established and well-known X-Characters: the current KoX team is perfect, actually...I would also want to develop and expand and showcase new characters from within the Realms themselves.

As for artists...let's get the up and comers, the needle movers and shakers, the storm breakers.

In other words...Otherworld could be the book where anything and everything goes and the readers won't know what to expect from month to month, arc to arc.
    I love all of this. Each realm can easily lend itself to different genres. Sevalith/Blightspoke = horror, Kingdom of Roma/Avalon = high fantasy, Crooked Market = comedy/slice of life. They can get zany and weird AF to their heart's content, like the original Excalibur.

I also like the current cast of Knights, and I legitimately am interested in some of the new Otherworld characters like Sheriff Whitechapel, the vampire regent, and the various groups of faeries and druids. Speaking of the vampires, Death should get Sevalith in exchange for that realm turning on mutants.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Getting rid of the death angle, the only thing that prevented the protocols from having any restriction or limit of any kind...now makes it far far less interesting imo. So now theres literally not even an illusion of life or death stakes ever, huh
    I get the feeling the fix won't last, and I still believe there may be consequences to the coming high amount of traffic through the Siege.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Wonder Sibling Sympatico.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Wonder Sibling Sympatico.
    We stay vibin', Sibz.

If Rogue is part of something about Cap Britain and her maiden.

I prefer her a cameo queen.

Give her some development for Apoccy sake.

Uncannier Avegers for Rogue pleases.

About Otherworld. The old Excalibur premise is cool if they can give "Any timeline a Krakoa" that could be cool

Quote Originally Posted by alexphantom View Post
    An announcement saying that Howard won't be writing the next series after all and either Ewing or Wells ( absolutely loved Hellions ) will be taking over, I can but dream !
    OMFG I read this completely wrong and almost died from happiness.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I get the feeling the fix won't last, and I still believe there may be consequences to the coming high amount of traffic through the Siege.
    Eh maybe, but they've now undone literally every single aspect of resurrection that has even something resembling a drawback. There's no time limit as to how far back it can go, there's no place they cant die now because of Otherworld, they don't even need backups now thanks to Wanda, and since now it uses souls theres not even the philosophical question of if theyre clones or the originals. Pretty much all thats left is that the Five are still needed and even then it seems basically any telepath can do Hope's part in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    If Rogue is part of something about Cap Britain and her maiden.

I prefer her a cameo queen.

Give her some development for Apoccy sake.

Uncannier Avegers for Rogue pleases.

About Otherworld. The old Excalibur premise is cool if they can give "Any timeline a Krakoa" that could be cool
    I agree. Between Betsy, Rachel, the Corps, the Braddocks and all that Otherworld entails, if Rogue is currently being written "extremely heavily" I'd rather it be happening in another book. She's in my top 3 favs and deserves a lot of airtime now. A cameo queen here, in addition to shining elsewhere, would be perfect.

I do hope Rictor sticks around because I'm down for more magic exploration, in a magical world. I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing Apocalypse (and Genesis) return soon now that the Siege is in place. Sidenote: I'd be cool to see Famine and Pestilence return, demanding Dryador back, and Betsy is like "no, you left." Drama ensues.

Mike Del Mundo for Otherworld please!

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Mike Del Mundo for Otherworld please!
    Goodness yes.

Great to see articles being written about what may come and I'm thrilled for Betsy and Rachel (they called her Prestige here but I'll give them a pass this once.)

A Veteran X-Man is Officially the Marvel Multiverse's New Police Force
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-knights-of...marvel-comics/

"With Otherworld now somewhat free, Betsy reveals her new intention -- to patrol the multiverse. With the help of Rachel Summers' Askani powers, the whole multiverse could be opened up to the Corps, who seek to protect the entire multiverse instead of just serving the interests of Otherworld's ruler.

This is a big step for Betsy Braddock, and a potentially major boon for the heroes of the Marvel multiverse. In the past, the Captain Britain Corps was a united multiversal front -- but they were largely wiped out in the build up to Secret Wars. A new Corps, structured around Betsy instead of Brian Braddock, was borne out of the events of X of Swords. However, they've been primarily mired in Otherworld conflict. Now, with the Earth-616 Betsy at the lead and Askani by her side, the Captain Britain Corps could prove a crucial peacekeeping force for the multiverse. Thanks to their abilities to cross worlds, they could offer support to other multiversal bands of heroes (such as the team being assembled in Avengers Forever, or the Spider-Heroes tied together through the Web of Life and Destiny).

This could set up the Captain Britain Corps to become dedicated defenders of the entire multiverse, with a prominent Earth-616 hero at the lead. With their help, threats that cross dimensional borders could be better handled -- and thanks to the magical potential of Otherworld and the Corps as a whole, they could provide assistance that the more tech-heavy and physicality-based multiversal heroes can't offer. The Captain Britain Corps might be exactly what the Marvel multiverse needed, and it could escalate Betsy Braddock into one of Earth-616's single most important mutant leaders."

Beautiful.

Let me add to my previous post. Scott Lobdell on story and Mike Del Mundo on art.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Let me add to my previous post. Scott Lobdell on story and Mike Del Mundo on art.
    Sign me up!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post

I guess the ‘husband and wife pitted against each other’ story didn’t hold her interest enough to come to realization. Probably dodged a bullet there.

I hope Gambit expands beyond pop-tarts and goes to Blightspoke for new things to trade. He doesn’t seem to mind being there.
    Scans from XoS: Destruction.

Blightspoke really is such an intriguing realm and now that it's doubled in size from absorbing Dryador, it would require powerful mutants to control it. Seeing the Summoners here and knowing Dryador has the passage to Amenth - enter Apocalypse and Genesis. And Gambit can procure rare treasures to sell and trade in the Market.