Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Gojo Satoru (Jujutsu Kaisen) vs. Gilgamesh (Fate)

The strongest jujutsu sorcerer takes on the King of Heroes in the arena. Who wins?

We're going with Archer-class Gil for this match.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Well.

I don't know much of Gilgamesh but does he have a defence for Gojo's Domain Expansion?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Well.

I don't know much of Gilgamesh but does he have a defence for Gojo's Domain Expansion?
    I assume you're talking about the Sensory overload aspect?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I assume you're talking about the Sensory overload aspect?
    That's what his Domain Expansion does, so yes.

Extraordinary Member

Well Gil's got some feats of "Ego's so massive that it lets him overcome mental attacks to an extent" but I'm not sure if they're clear enough to let some solidly resist them.

If Gil gets the oppurtunity to actually act, He's got what he needs to break the Domain Expansion.

Gilgamesh supposedly has completely inhuman processing abilities as well as transcendent awareness, which in theory could let him endure Infinite Void long enough to do something.

It's almost all just informed ability, but then Infinite Void itself is pretty vague feats-wise.

Actually I suppose Angra Mainyu burning six billion evils into the victim's mind not fazing him is a pretty good feat of him being able to act while being exposed to an overwhelming amount of information.
    Last edited by Siriel; 08-27-2022 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Gilgamesh supposedly has completely inhuman processing abilities as well as transcendent awareness, which in theory could let him endure Infinite Void long enough to do something.

It's almost all just informed ability, but then Infinite Void itself is pretty vague feats-wise.

Actually I suppose Angra Mainyu burning six billion evils into the victim's mind not phasing him is a pretty good feat of him being able to act while being exposed to an overwhelming amount of information.
    Alrighty, Gojo is gonna have to go the old fashioned route.

Gilgamesh has a lot of broken stuff as I recall, can he get past Gojo's Xeno's Paradox style defence?

Extraordinary Member

Gilgamesh has a lot of broken stuff as I recall, can he get past Gojo's Xeno's Paradox style defence?
    That's spatial manipulation, and Gil has stuff that warps space. So I would lean towards "Yes, he can get passed it"

Extraordinary Member

He probably isn't going to get it done with his usual "Toss around mythical weapons like projectiles" gimmick.

He does have Ea though. Ea (to put it in a crudely simplified manner) kinda fucks around with space. So that could help against Gojo's infinity.

The only two real options I can think of is Ea (which is noted to crush space, but how exactly that works is never elaborated on - though I suppose the simple part where it creates a vacuum would probably affect Gojo) and Caladbolg (likewise does some vague space warping thing around it).

In theory he should have a lot of magical tools that more directly affect the mind but it would be pretty majorly out of character for him to go for that.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Just coming in to say I love polite discussions about two characters with somewhat poorly defined abilities. ^_^

That is all.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Given the sheer level of control Gojo has over his abilities, on dubious about either option being all that full proof.

That said, based on my hazy memories about Gilgamesh and his defence, Gojo might have a similar issue. I don't think anything short of purple is going to get it done and that has a pretty specific charge up time.

This one's kind of hard to suss out.

Extraordinary Member

If they can't really get a good hit in on each other it might come down to endurance. Who can last the longest before they run out of energy?

Gil might have an advantage there, I don't think I've ever seen him get tired while Gojo has that one instance of being a little fatigued which Toji took advantage of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Gil might have an advantage there, I don't think I've ever seen him get tired while Gojo has that one instance of being a little fatigued which Toji took advantage of.
    That actually isn't really as viable a strategy anymore. While it's correct that Toji had Gojo keep his limitless defences up for three days straight before going after him and his fatigue did contribute to him getting the drop on him. That was only half the story.

We see in a timeskip to one year after the events of that story, Gojo integrated Reversed Cursed technique [regeneration] into his Limitless defences. By raising his skill with Limitless he could now keep it on at all times automatically with minimal resource use and with Reversed Cursed technique running, his brain no longer experiences fatigue for doing it.

So, given that his natural stamina had him running Limitless without issue for three full days non-stop and he's now optimised it so that fatigue is all but completely eliminated... I don't think he can get tired any more.

Also, by looking up this sequence, I noted that the first time he does Purple in the flashback, he uses it with enough speed and accuracy to tag Toji mid attack which is pretty crazy fast so it might be viable.

Extraordinary Member

We see in a timeskip to one year after the events of that story, Gojo integrated Reversed Cursed technique [regeneration] into his Limitless defences. By raising his skill with Limitless he could now keep it on at all times automatically with minimal resource use and with Reversed Cursed technique running, his brain no longer experiences fatigue for doing it.

So, given that his natural stamina had him running Limitless without issue for three full days non-stop and he's now optimised it so that fatigue is all but completely eliminated... I don't think he can get tired any more.
    I wonder how this would interact with the anti-healing effects present on some Noble Phantasms?