Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I can't help but wonder if will also hold her accountable for the attack, i mean it did say "Yes, she should have known."

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    It is. That was confirmed awhile ago.
    Thanks. I was confused and read this as the next issue of the main series. There are too tie-ins to keep up with

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thanks. I was confused and read this as the next issue of the main series. There are too tie-ins to keep up with
    I’m loving the event, but yes, there are too many tie-ins
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    shes probably getting judged for her actions when she was the host for the phoenix force

It wasn't her. It wasn't her. It wasn't her. It wasn't her. It wasn't her. Yet: "I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever." Which part of "Now and forever" is confusing to you? As one world burns, can Jean justify her existence after burning another?

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...hoenix-crimes/
    The one thing that keeps bothering me about this is if Jean and The Phoenix Entity really was as separate as everyone is claiming, would the Phoenix really let Jean take the rap for what it did given the bond they seem to share with each other?
    Last edited by rcaguy; 09-05-2022 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    The one thing that keeps bothering me about this is if Jean and The Phoenix Entity really was as separate as everyone is claiming, would the Phoenix really let Jean take the rap for what it did given the bond they seem to share with each other?
    It was her. The way I look at it is that Phoenix that was with the X-men up through the DPS was another cloned version of Jean. It had a portion of her soul that she gave it hence was her continuing to live while her original body was healing. The concept of cloning with the resurrections in this era gives that new context. Jean herself for the most part always takes responsibility for DPS. She has those memories, she experienced and lived it and has accepted that a version of her did it and it wouldnt have happened had she not reached out to the PF and bonded with it to save her friends

This might be my favorite panel of the ones we've seen. The level of depth, emotion, and vulnerability Francesco Mobili and Frank Martin (!!!) imbue Jean with here is striking and profound.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This might be my favorite panel of the ones we've seen. The level of depth, emotion, and vulnerability Francesco Mobili and Frank Martin (!!!) imbue Jean with here is striking and profound.

depth, emotion, vulnerability AND a piggy nose....;-p