Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Flashpoint Beyond #5 Preview

Flashpoint Beyond #5
    Writers: Geoff Johns, Tim Sheridan, Jeremy Adams
    Artists: Xermanico, Mikel Janin

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Pretty informative preview and more building blocks for the JSA story Johns is setting up. Also Janin on art!

Astonishing Member

Nice to know the Infinite Earths are staying, maybe even replaced the 52 plus structure.

And Hypertime is the repository of where the timelines go.

Spectacular Member

I like the distinction between Classic Crisis and Hypertime Crisis, but i not fan of the arrogance of the author. He can stop to show what he write IS important and not the other stuff.

Personally when i read the preview i don't have the feeling Johns have many respect pour Williamson work on Dark Crisis and the mantra "Everything Matters". After, honestly Dark Crisis is not very good. But it bother me to see Johns how he abord Dark Crisis in this preview.
    Or the fact he can't stop to tease some Legion of 3 Worlds 2, because Johns can't accept THIS Legion (The first version) is wipe off of the principal continuity. It became tiring.

Also, the preview spoil the end of Dark Crisis, but honestly, the end it's not really a spoiler. We can guess how Dark Crisis will finish since the first issue.

Well the fact that Green Arrow, Black Canary, Martian Manhunter and Zatanna(and Barry I guess) are not featured in that JL group shot, may or may not be spoiling something.

Astonishing Member

No Hal either.

The chart has legacy leauge. So another JL soon.

Incredible Member

When did Deimos change the timeline???

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    When did Deimos change the timeline???
    Convergence.

Wow, way to spoil your currently running big event DC. I mean, we all knew it was happening, but still .

Oh, so Mr. Terrific is back with the JSA?

So Bonnie Baxter is now officially the smartest woman in the DCU?

Isn't Ra's Al Ghul supposed to be dead?

Astonishing Member

Still some stuff left unknown for DCOIE.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, way to spoil your currently running big event DC. I mean, we all knew it was happening, but still .

Oh, so Mr. Terrific is back with the JSA?

So Bonnie Baxter is now officially the smartest woman in the DCU?

Isn't Ra's Al Ghul supposed to be dead?
    I think the Ra’s Al Ghul page was a mistake, because the art is so different from the rest of this series.

As for the “spoilers” it’s not really a spoiler when it comes down to it. The Justice League coming back is something we’ve known about basically since Death of the Justice League, the villain would be stoped is something anyone could have guessed, and they told us at comic con about multiverse shenanigans. Honestly John’s is being as vague as possible while utilizing what he’s allowed to tell us or what dlc has already revealed.

Also I know nothing about Bonnie Baxter and the time masters so I guess she can be the smartest woman if that’s what DC wants.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    No Hal either.

The chart has legacy leauge. So another JL soon.
    Hal wasn't one of the "dead" Leaguers, so I mentioned only those that were.

What I find amusing is Flashpoint Beyond was originally supposed to come out twice a month if I recall correctly, meaning they were going to "spoil" Dark Crisis' end months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think the Ra’s Al Ghul page was a mistake, because the art is so different from the rest of this series.

As for the “spoilers” it’s not really a spoiler when it comes down to it. The Justice League coming back is something we’ve known about basically since Death of the Justice League, the villain would be stoped is something anyone could have guessed, and they told us at comic con about multiverse shenanigans. Honestly John’s is being as vague as possible while utilizing what he’s allowed to tell us or what dlc has already revealed.

Also I know nothing about Bonnie Baxter and the time masters so I guess she can be the smartest woman if that’s what DC wants.
    I know, it just feels like Dark Crisis has had a real problem with tension and obvious twists.

I remember her being Rip Hunters' girlfriend/partner in older comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hal wasn't one of the "dead" Leaguers, so I mentioned only those that were.

What I find amusing is Flashpoint Beyond was originally supposed to come out twice a month if I recall correctly, meaning they were going to "spoil" Dark Crisis' end months ago.
    Hal was sent to the those worlds. And was deassembled and resembled similar effect into John's world.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know, it just feels like Dark Crisis has had a real problem with tension and obvious twists.

I remember her being Rip Hunters' girlfriend/partner in older comics.
    Maybe it’s strength isn’t in twists, maybe it’s just being an earnest straightforward superhero story of character team ups and villain fight.

Also that’s neat, Rip Hunter I know.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.