Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

For me, it's gotta be Steph and Tim. I like that one detective dude or whoever she was flirting with in Bryan Q. Miller's run back in the day. Tim's just too much of a dork for her.

Zatanna & Constantine: Never understood it from Zatanna's pov about why should would be attracted to him, much less dependent on him. Writers made her less knowledgeable, less competent and ignored her other relationships and stories that have nothing to do with Constantine in order to make this relationship work. Feels like she is only around him because she has to be and not because there is any real story logic to it.

Beast Boy & Raven: Their interactions were fun on the 2003 show and that show is the reason the ship exists. I think even the creators of the show admitted to shipping them. Still, I like them as friends and not really as romantic partners.

Donna Troy & Roy Harper: Feels like they were only together because Devin Grayson liked them and not because it made sense for either character.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Incredible Member

Donna Troy and every single Amazon character. This really REALLY needs to be addressed soon, lol.

I agree with Zatanna and Constantine to an extent. I do believe Z would be, against her wishes, intrigued and attracted to Constantine initially, but she's too smart and good hearted to consider anything other than an occasional carnal dalliance lol.

Martian Manhunter...with everyone. What is his dynamic with the rest of the JL? Who is JL member closest to him? Does he still love his Chocos?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Zatanna & Constantine: Never understood it from Zatanna's pov about why should would be attracted to him, much less dependent on him. Writers made her less knowledgeable, less competent and ignored her other relationships and stories that have nothing to do with Constantine in order to make this relationship work. Feels like she is only around him because she has to be and not because there is any real story logic to it.

Beast Boy & Raven: Their interactions were fun on the 2003 show and that show is the reason the ship exists. I think even the creators of the show admitted to shipping them. Still, I like them as friends and not really as romantic partners.

Donna Troy & Roy Harper: Feels like they were only together because Devin Grayson liked them and not because it made sense for either character.
    I kind of like Zee and Constantine, but I can see how she could do better.
    Raven has never felt like the character Wolfman and Perez created since Johns rebooted her, and the BB relationship just really underscores that.
    I like the dynamic Grayson built with Donna and Roy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOPS View Post
    I agree. Makes no sense, and makes Nightwing petty and self centered. The contrast between how Nightwing treats "Super" man ( aka somone who is physically invulnerable, in a supportive family, in a stable realionship, has available friends and has financial resources) and his own brothers (both of whom are have died-at least once-again-in the past year, have villians as "friends", have no family support, and no apparent resources) paints Nightwing in a very dark light. I just don't buy Nightwing as that self centered.
    Honestly, I agree for different reasons. Nightwing and Jon's friendship comes off as Nightwing patronizing Jon instead of a genuine relationship.

The issue with other members of the Bat Family, their lack of family support and resources, I blame more on Batman than Nightwing. Though Dick should at least TRY a bit harder to support them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I kind of like Zee and Constantine, but I can see how she could do better.
    Raven has never felt like the character Wolfman and Perez created since Johns rebooted her, and the BB relationship just really underscores that.
    I like the dynamic Grayson built with Donna and Roy.
    I feel like Raven became more of a character and less of a plot device(she had a character under Wolfman & Perez, but as time progressed she sort of regressed into a diabolos ex machina to create drama/ harm her teammates) after Johns brought her back. As some people pointed out in the thread, a lot of Raven's modern characterization comes from the 2003 cartoon.

Seconding the mention of Wonder Woman and Bruce the Prick.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Yeah. You can definitely have Cyborg as a member of the Justice League (an idea first introduced in the SUPER POWERS era of SUPERFRIENDS in the early 1980s), but he should be a latter day recruit who graduated/promoted from the Titans. Retconning him as a League founder doesn't work.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Yeah, in Superfriends Cyborg was often treated more like a sidekick than a full team member. He was definitely a team member, but... he was written as the new guy and least experienced.

FLASHPOINT, NEW52, and INJUSTICE are straight up BS. Also the silly DiDio/Johns push for the phony narrative that Diana was not human.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Here's another: Harley Quinn's suddenly friendly relations with the DC superhero community.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

why does everyone say 2003 cartoon was the reason dc tried out raven and gar when wolfman did it at the end of his titan run. it was sick and twisted when wolfman did it, but johns made it sane, legal and sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    I agree with Zatanna and Constantine to an extent. I do believe Z would be, against her wishes, intrigued and attracted to Constantine initially, but she's too smart and good hearted to consider anything other than an occasional carnal dalliance lol.
    Meh, I think any interest she had in him should have gone out after the seance that killed Zatara.

Any 'dalliance' afterwards is just writers indulging in their Constantine fan boyism.

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    why does everyone say 2003 cartoon was the reason dc tried out raven and gar when wolfman did it at the end of his titan run. it was sick and twisted when wolfman did it, but johns made it sane, legal and sweet.
    The cartoon popularized it and sometimes the adaptations overshadow the comics. I was not aware Wolfman had paired Gar and Raven in the comics prior to the show till now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Here's another: Harley Quinn's suddenly friendly relations with the DC superhero community.

Ooof, no kidding. This is extra true of the Injustice universe where she aided and abetted Joker in obliterating and entire city full of people. Her being played as this irascible, lovable scamp after some of her atrocities is very, very hard for me to swallow.

Extraordinary Member

I'm probably in the minority here but...

...Ice and Guy Gardner.

It was entertaining and unexpected but she just seemed too smart to develop feelings with someone with his personality. I could see her reaching out to him in friendship in order to help him relate to other members. But to develop any romantic feeling toward him just didn't make sense IMO.