Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Given the general way Doug acts about the council, what he did with Nature Girl, and his dire to make a flawless language he really strikes me as a character that thinks he's a lot smarter than he is. Maybe it has something to do with the way his power is a more intellectual one.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Given the general way Doug acts about the council, what he did with Nature Girl, and his dire to make a flawless language he really strikes me as a character that thinks he's a lot smarter than he is. Maybe it has something to do with the way his power is a more intellectual one.
    Also, because he's doing something no one else can, so he knows he's irreplaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Also, because he's doing something no one else can, so he knows he's irreplaceable.
    Don't let Beyoncé hear that....

GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Give him ten minutes with any X-men telepath and you’ll get your replacement, Dug, Doug’s secret twin brother. Also Doug is on vacation to Otherworld forever.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Don't let Beyoncé hear that....

I miss this B

Also, Doug isn't irreplaceable when Prodigy is around.

Mighty Member

Doug should evolve to be in a more combative person as in Zeb Wells run. Most people have forgotten his role there.

Fantastic Member

Question for telepath, can they understand it if Doug encrypt his language unthinkable or only Krakoa can understand??

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Question for telepath, can they understand it if Doug encrypt his language unthinkable or only Krakoa can understand??
    Doug claimed that Exodus wouldn't be able to read his mind because he thinks in a language he developed himself.

Frankly, I just see that as Doug thinking he's smarter than he is again. We've seen telepaths read minds that didn't speak their language plenty of times, including alien ones. Also, if Doug developed the language then he knows how it's translated which would be something a telepath could read anyway.

I want Doug to go back to the grad costume. Make it functional, computerized, linked to Krakoa network.

12AE78EB-B492-4816-A5B0-A9C1BB65860F.jpg

The vest could even be Warlock.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Doug claimed that Exodus wouldn't be able to read his mind because he thinks in a language he developed himself.

Frankly, I just see that as Doug thinking he's smarter than he is again. We've seen telepaths read minds that didn't speak their language plenty of times, including alien ones. Also, if Doug developed the language then he knows how it's translated which would be something a telepath could read anyway.
    The man thinks that he needs to BIA Krakoa because he’s convinced that different human languages only exist as ways to have cultural stop signs and talks about how the act of speaking German is forever tainted by the fact Hitler spoke it.

He ain’t that smart.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I want Doug to go back to the grad costume. Make it functional, computerized, linked to Krakoa network.

12AE78EB-B492-4816-A5B0-A9C1BB65860F.jpg

The vest could even be Warlock.
    I think his current costume is cool, the one designed by Hickman. He really doesn't need the Warlock arm.