Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default There's something about Doug

Ok we all know that Doug has a unique relationship with Krakoa he wasn't what mutantkind has there to succeed flourish and persist on into the far but he obviously has his own plans and agenda what do you think he's hiding or got planned?

To be honest I have no clue, I don’t think even marvel knows at this point, they just trow **** to the wall and then wait to see if it sticks.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    To be honest I have no clue, I don’t think even marvel knows at this point, they just trow **** to the wall and then wait to see if it sticks.
    yeah, this plot point fell by the wayside

for whatever reason Warlock was kept as a secret and then outta nowhere he was back without a blink.

i think this is one of those dropped plots from Hickman leaving

Astonishing Member

His plan was spelled out in Unlimited, he’s out to write a language without any negative words when he was struck by the deep moral conundrum of the fact that speaking German to understand Goethe also means speaking the language of Nazi’s, and English should be held responsible for the Salem Witch Trials. So he’s creating a language without negative words

It’ll last until Logan realizes he probably can’t swear in this new language.

Or until he says Cheyenne language is eternally poisoned because of Dog Soldiers and Dani puts an arrow through his throat for creating the Krakoan equivalent of the BIA

More seriously, Charliehustle is probably correct.

I think Hickman was building him up as a red herring and distraction before the reveal that Moira was the real Judas but then editorial made him fast-forward to Inferno and the Moira twist anyway with Doug revealing he knew about the No Place.

I'm pretty sure what we saw in Inferno was roughly what Hickman had planned all along, just that the moment had less impact because they decided to use Warlock as a Sword in XoS.

Given that Doug is starting to get a little too high and mighty while making moves that end up backfiring royally for Krakoa, I think he needs to be knocked down a few pegs.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Was it not that Warlock was kept secret so the trio of Cypher, Warlock and Krakoa could keep an eye on everyone without them knowing. As it not because of that they knew about Moira?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Given that Doug is starting to get a little too high and mighty while making moves that end up backfiring royally for Krakoa, I think he needs to be knocked down a few pegs.
    Backfiring royally for Krakoa how?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Backfiring royally for Krakoa how?
    Literally any of his releases from the Pit

Hickman actually talked about his plans for Doug in a Cerebro podcast back in April.

Originally, the plan for [Doug] was... We wanted him and Warlock to stay low and watch everyone from the shadows. We had this idea, um, that he... Knew that if he played his hand right away, Moira could learn about him and use this information against him in the next life.

Warlock is also a machine, which, you know, doesn't bode well for Krakoa. Originally, he wasn't going to be allowed on Krakoa. So Cypher kept him a secret. And this would backfire massively, when he got hacked by Orchis and turned the island nation of Krakoa against everyone. That would lead into an event where Orchis manipulates [Krakoa] and its- the gates, against mutant interests.

[...]

We also wanted Doug to be on the look-out for a mutant of prophecy. Someone who would turn out to be the key to Act 3. They'd go against Omega Sentinel and [I don't know what he said here] yeah. I can't say who this is, in case Marvel wants to, you know, use the plotline. But Hell, I Only know one mutant who would be a good match for Omega Sentinel.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Hickman actually talked about his plans for Doug in a Cerebro podcast back in April.
    Wow that sounds so much better than what we got. Hopefully the prophecy angle still plays out.

I was glad to see Hickman give Cypher the push. Wells did a great job finding his voice in the New Mutants run during Utopia. He really has one of the most usual/practical powers. I'm still hopefully Hickman has a third act still in him and he is coming back to close out the Krakora era.

I definitely felt the idea Warlock was a secret and that seemed to be dropped quickly. I loved the idea for the Warlock/Orchis plot. Seems like a great event idea compared to Trial of Magneto (with no trial) or may of the other "events" since Hellfire Gala vol 1.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

!!!

how have I never heard this!?

that would have been soo awesome!

damn now I'm sad again over hickman leaving

That Warlock/Orchis story sounds awesome, damn.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!