Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    no more villains with a personal connection. I'm really sick of that trope.
    This.

“There’s 8 million people in New York, and yet half of my rogue’s gallery happens to be from my social circle of friends.”

That to me is more unrealistic than any clone, alien symbiote, or time travel shenanigan.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Queen Goblin!

On a more serious note, failing the intro of completely new villains, why not dust off some old and less-regarded villains who haven't been seen in forever and revamp them as worthier adversaries for the web-slinger? Start with Joystick, who is in the villain game purely for the thrill and the challenge, like a more amoral version of Felicia "Black Cat" Hardy, who does have some scruples.
    Bring back Fusion... and yeah, he supposedly 'died'... but we're talking about a villain who can make people believe what he wants them to, so he could've faked his death.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Bring back Fusion... and yeah, he supposedly 'died'... but we're talking about a villain who can make people believe what he wants them to, so he could've faked his death.
    Fusion was great, but he was kind of a one-trick pony. Once Spidey became wise to his perception-altering powers, how does he continue being a threat?

I have no problem with stories with classic villains, but new villains are occasionally a good idea. It's a way to give Spidey a new challenge, and it can be an access point to new readers who don't have to worry about sorting out decades of backstory.

Something else that would be valuable is bringing back villains who have only popped once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Fusion was great, but he was kind of a one-trick pony. Once Spidey became wise to his perception-altering powers, how does he continue being a threat?
    He's a rich guy. Have him buy gear from supervillains, so Spidey can't be sure if the danger is in his head or real.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I have no problem with stories with classic villains, but new villains are occasionally a good idea. It's a way to give Spidey a new challenge, and it can be an access point to new readers who don't have to worry about sorting out decades of backstory.

Something else that would be valuable is bringing back villains who have only popped once or twice.

He's a rich guy. Have him buy gear from supervillains, so Spidey can't be sure if the danger is in his head or real.

I'd like to see The Human Fly used more, too... I mean, Spiders and Flies? Lightmaster would be another, and Bloodshed.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'd like to see The Human Fly used more, too... I mean, Spiders and Flies? Lightmaster would be another, and Bloodshed.
    Lightmaster is very underrated. He could be Spider-Man's Living Laser, but better, not to mention his initial motivation for villainy was being pissed that New York State was cutting funds for higher education, which cut into his livelihood as an ESU (Empire State University) professor. Could also be excellent commentary on the devaluation of education and anti-intellectualism in contemporary society. Plus, that would probably bring back his daughter, the modern Sun Girl, to help stop him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    uhh... So there was another Fusion? I'm thinking of...
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Huber...er_(Earth-616)

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Spider-Man should always be getting new villains. Freshen up that rogues gallery!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That just sounds like Mysterio.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Bring back The Big Man

Fantastic Member

Another villain they could bring back, that I don't believe has been used in a good, long while (I think she 'died', as much as any villain does... Calypso. She had a lot of potential as a villain, I thought, especially after the McFarlane Lizard issues she was involved in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    uhh... So there was another Fusion? I'm thinking of...
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Huber...er_(Earth-616)
    Yes, created by Paul Jenkins and Mark Buckingham in the early 2000s. I’d argue more well known than the other Fusion from the early 80s.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Wayne...ey_(Earth-616)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Another villain they could bring back, that I don't believe has been used in a good, long while (I think she 'died', as much as any villain does... Calypso. She had a lot of potential as a villain, I thought, especially after the McFarlane Lizard issues she was involved in.
    Yeah, she died at the hands of Alyosha Kravinoff at the end of his first major appearance as the then-new Kraven the Hunter in J.M. DeMatteis's Spectacular Spider-Man during the post-Clone Saga 90s comics. That said, she definitely should have come back by now, given her penchant for cheating death and all that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Paper Doll was a great villain who should return.
    Glad Digger is back.
    We need villains like that to make the everyday Spidey stuff seem more fresh.

BANNED

Personally, I would prefer to see Marvel giving some attention to Miles.
    Miles has been around for a decade and he doesn't have a solid rogues gallery.