Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Personally, I would prefer to see Marvel giving some attention to Miles.
    Miles has been around for a decade and he doesn't have a solid rogues gallery.
    That would be good, too. He has a few that could potentially be good from his previous runs, both in the Ultimate Universe and in 616.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I agree. Spidey’s villains gallery has morphed into his family by now. None of them have much motivation anymore to be a real threat and they mostly use Peter for their personal therapist.

I don’t know if many people like him but The Hood would be a refreshing change from the Lizard or the Hunter.

But certainly with the Kingpin leaving a hole in the power structure there would be room for a new dangerous gangster to appear that Spidey has not met or seen that often.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

He has a new villain his name is Pauli

No New Villains until they make The Spot the badass he should be
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    .But certainly with the Kingpin leaving a hole in the power structure there would be room for a new dangerous gangster to appear that Spidey has not met or seen that often.
    Zeb Wells just recently had Tombstone try to fill that void but that doesn't mean he shouldn't compete with other gangsters. Chip Zdarsky built Byron "Butch" Pharris up as the new Kingpin, you would think Spider-Man would face off with him at some point.

Yes please. Straczynski introduced so many cool villains, I wish more writers were this creative instead of using Vulture and Rhino for the millionth time.
    Morlun, obviously, is the most popular and (imo) totally overused. What about Shathra? She came back for a brief fight with Kaine, but that's it.
    Remember Shade? Or Tracer? The Other? Digger reappeared after all these years but his comeback is somewhat underwhelming.

I didn't like some of Slott's new villains but I still appreciate the effort. For example, Paper Doll was pretty interesting. I understand that coming up with something original after hundreds of issues is pretty hard, but it doesn't mean they should stop trying.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    No New Villains until they make The Spot the badass he should be
    Yeah, true, though if he were a teleporting badass on the level of Nightcrawler . . . and still a villain . . . it's kind of hard to come up with ways to plausibly or believably beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Yes please. Straczynski introduced so many cool villains, I wish more writers were this creative instead of using Vulture and Rhino for the millionth time.
    Morlun, obviously, is the most popular and (imo) totally overused. What about Shathra? She came back for a brief fight with Kaine, but that's it.
    Remember Shade? Or Tracer? The Other? Digger reappeared after all these years but his comeback is somewhat underwhelming.

I didn't like some of Slott's new villains but I still appreciate the effort. For example, Paper Doll was pretty interesting. I understand that coming up with something original after hundreds of issues is pretty hard, but it doesn't mean they should stop trying.
    Shathra's gonna be the main villain of the End of Spider-Verse storyline. We also finally get her backstory in the new Edge of Spider-Verse #2.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I agree. Spidey’s villains gallery has morphed into his family by now. None of them have much motivation anymore to be a real threat and they mostly use Peter for their personal therapist.

I don’t know if many people like him but The Hood would be a refreshing change from the Lizard or the Hunter.

But certainly with the Kingpin leaving a hole in the power structure there would be room for a new dangerous gangster to appear that Spidey has not met or seen that often.
    Norman is gonna be evil again after his good goblin mini series status quo and all

Incredible Member

Absolutely. All comic books should add new villains or at the very least attempt to revamp some of the others that aren’t used maybe borrow from others that aren’t used. Writers keep referring to things as a toy box, so actually play with the toys

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Absolutely. All comic books should add new villains or at the very least attempt to revamp some of the others that aren’t used maybe borrow from others that aren’t used. Writers keep referring to things as a toy box, so actually play with the toys
    It depends if they get popular enough and got enough staying power to become regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    It depends if they get popular enough and got enough staying power to become regulars.
    There is also something special about a good first appearance.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Personally, I would prefer to see Marvel giving some attention to Miles.
    Miles has been around for a decade and he doesn't have a solid rogues gallery.
    I think they even brought back Ultimate Norman for him, and also 616 Miles was a villain for him too, though I dunno if both remained.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post

The Other had a bunch of awkward retcons, now he's the one who resurrected Spidey (Or at least wanted to) instead of being the one who was against him being resurrected to begin with lol.

Shathra is coming back and from what I hear is getting a background story, but it seems like a generic tragic background story that isn't really fitting with what she is, dead kid making her sad and all lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, true, though if he were a teleporting badass on the level of Nightcrawler . . . and still a villain . . . it's kind of hard to come up with ways to plausibly or believably beat him.
    That is the issue with The Spot. He has one of the neatest potentially unbeatable powers in the Marvel Universe. Unbeatable I mean to some heroes. But he loses everything that makes him cool and unique because he has to be jobbed for street level heroes.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Fantastic Member

Whatever happened to The Black Tarantula? I know he showed up in Daredevil during Brubakers run and seemed to have repented... but to be honest, I preferred the version that beat the **** out of Spidey, had his own criminal enterprise... just a real threat.

I also liked Delilah, Commanda, Joystick... Lots of baddies that could be dusted off and used in some fashion.

If I ever got a job writing at marvel, one thing I'd love to do is go through the Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe, picking out old unused characters or forgotten plots and seeing what it is I could do with them.