Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Whatever happened to The Black Tarantula? I know he showed up in Daredevil during Brubakers run and seemed to have repented... but to be honest, I preferred the version that beat the **** out of Spidey, had his own criminal enterprise... just a real threat.
    After Brubaker's and later Andy Diggle's Daredevil runs, he showed up around at random in other Marvel comics with wildly contradictory personalities.

This is probably the worst he sounded like after DeFalco left:

(Generation X#7 vol 2).

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    If I ever got a job writing at marvel, one thing I'd love to do is go through the Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe, picking out old unused characters or forgotten plots and seeing what it is I could do with them.
    Well, hope you'd include a recap so readers who haven't read/don't remember those stories can know what's up lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I think they even brought back Ultimate Norman for him, and also 616 Miles was a villain for him too, though I dunno if both remained.

The Other had a bunch of awkward retcons, now he's the one who resurrected Spidey (Or at least wanted to) instead of being the one who was against him being resurrected to begin with lol.

Shathra is coming back and from what I hear is getting a background story, but it seems like a generic tragic background story that isn't really fitting with what she is, dead kid making her sad and all lol.
    I thought her backstory was that she was jealous of her younger sister Neith for being chosen by the Elder Gods Gaea and Oshtur to spin the Web of Life and Destiny that would undergird the foundation of the Marvel Multiverse, instead of them choosing her plan for the Multiverse, which would amount to a cosmic wasp hive where nothing would change or grow, compelling her to use her wasps to poison, corrupt, and ultimately destroy the cosmic web spun by Neith.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    That is the issue with The Spot. He has one of the neatest potentially unbeatable powers in the Marvel Universe. Unbeatable I mean to some heroes. But he loses everything that makes him cool and unique because he has to be jobbed for street level heroes.
    Uh-huh.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Whatever happened to The Black Tarantula? I know he showed up in Daredevil during Brubakers run and seemed to have repented... but to be honest, I preferred the version that beat the **** out of Spidey, had his own criminal enterprise... just a real threat.

I also liked Delilah, Commanda, Joystick... Lots of baddies that could be dusted off and used in some fashion.
    Black Tarantula would be great for a comeback; blending both of his major interpretations, maybe he's trying to take over the New York City criminal underworld so he can use it for more positive, though still extralegal, aims. And yes, Commanda had that shapeshifting armor, if I recall, whereas Joystick would be great as an even more amoral version of Felicia Hardy, who would just be a villain for the thrills and not care who she hurt, while Felicia in comparison has at least some scruples left. Delilah as a mercenary for Black Tarantula would be good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    If I ever got a job writing at marvel, one thing I'd love to do is go through the Appendix to the Handbook of the Marvel Universe, picking out old unused characters or forgotten plots and seeing what it is I could do with them.
    Would be a spectacular idea.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I thought her backstory was that she was jealous of her younger sister Neith for being chosen by the Elder Gods Gaea and Oshtur to spin the Web of Life and Destiny that would undergird the foundation of the Marvel Multiverse, instead of them choosing her plan for the Multiverse, which would amount to a cosmic wasp hive where nothing would change or grow, compelling her to use her wasps to poison, corrupt, and ultimately destroy the cosmic web spun by Neith.
    Ah, where the hell did I get the dead kid thing from then? Lol.

Ah, where the hell did I get the dead kid thing from then? Lol.
    It's cool. Maybe from when she seduced Spider-Man Noir in the first issue of the new Edge of Spider-Verse.

After Brubaker's and later Andy Diggle's Daredevil runs, he showed up around at random in other Marvel comics with wildly contradictory personalities.

This is probably the worst he sounded like after DeFalco left:

(Generation X#7 vol 2).

Well, hope you'd include a recap so readers who haven't read/don't remember those stories can know what's up lol.
    A shame, though given Andrea (Von) Strucker is an unrepentant Nazi, I would not object to Black Tarantula throwing down and wiping the floor with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It's cool. Maybe from when she seduced Spider-Man Noir in the first issue of the new Edge of Spider-Verse.
    I don't think so, that one just showed Noir having a miserable life.

Maybe it's from one of TinkerSpider's post where it's pointed out Shathra is another evidence of Slott writing women poorly, and I assumed something like that was done with her 'cause "mother sad 'cause of dead kids" is a classic "characterization" lol.

A shame, though given Andrea (Von) Strucker is an unrepentant Nazi, I would not object to Black Tarantula throwing down and wiping the floor with her.
    Even if he has reasons to fight her, the way he's talking here is just wrong, for either DeFalco's Black Tarantula (who talks in a more dignified way), or Daredevil's (Who stopped being a villain, and also didn't talk this way).

I don't think so, that one just showed Noir having a miserable life.

Maybe it's from one of TinkerSpider's post where it's pointed out Shathra is another evidence of Slott writing women poorly, and I assumed something like that was done with her 'cause "mother sad 'cause of dead kids" is a classic "characterization" lol.

Even if he has reasons to fight her, the way he's talking here is just wrong, for either DeFalco's Black Tarantula (who talks in a more dignified way), or Daredevil's (Who stopped being a villain, and also didn't talk this way).
    Good points there.

Astonishing Member

Oh Black Tarantula. From the jungles of Argentina, Brazil.
    Love that guy, I just wish DeFalco had an Atlas at hand back when he created him.

Astonishing Member

I strongly support the return of Delilah, Joystick, and even Stunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Love that guy, I just wish DeFalco had an Atlas at hand back when he created him.
    I strongly support the return of Delilah, Joystick, and even Stunner.
    That would have been nice and given the impending manifestation of virtual reality in real life (only called the Metaverse, after Neal Stephensen's Snow Crash), it would be perfect timing for a reappearance by Stunner.

Uh, did they actually say that? Lol.

Astonishing Member

Uh, did they actually say that? Lol.
    Not like that. But first he was from the Jungles of Argentina(?) Then he was from Brazil until they settled in Arhentin. Also he's called LAMUERTO.

Not like that. But first he was from the Jungles of Argentina(?) Then he was from Brazil until they settled in Arhentin. Also he's called LAMUERTO.
    Is that supposed to be Spanish or Portuguese for "The Death"?

Astonishing Member

You can create villains until the cows come home. But you can never predict which ones will catch on. That's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    You can create villains until the cows come home. But you can never predict which ones will catch on. That's the problem.
    A very good point there, too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    This.

In the last 2 decades, only 2 new villains caught on (Morlun and Mr. Negative).