Super Moderator

Default Cover of the Week: "Amazing Spider-Man" Soars Above the Rest

This week, Martin's "Amazing Spider-Man" soars, Latour's "Southern Bastards" attack and Matteo experiments with "Black Science."

Full article here.

Marcos Martin's variant is certainly one of the most memorable covers in comic history. I just wish I had it instead of Humberto Ramos' cross-eyed outlandish Peter, which doesn't even look like Peter.

Spectacular Member

Some nice covers there, but while the Marcos image is certainly eye-catching, the random word split on 'amazing' just bugs me. It's one of those 'designery' things that's fashionable and ... and ... not so much as a hyphen!

image.jpg
    How ironic (choke)

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Some nice covers there, but while the Marcos image is certainly eye-catching, the random word split on 'amazing' just bugs me. It's one of those 'designery' things that's fashionable and ... and ... not so much as a hyphen!
    I had to check again because I thought you meant they left out the hyphen in "Spider-Man"! D^:

I agree that the splitting of words seems to be in the vogue right now but I stared at the cover, considered how it would look with "Amazing" written across one line, as big and bold as space would allow, and concluded that it would have lost something. It really pops & works for me. One hot cover.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reddened Vigilante View Post
    Marcos Martin's variant is certainly one of the most memorable covers in comic history. I just wish I had it instead of Humberto Ramos' cross-eyed outlandish Peter, which doesn't even look like Peter.

Yea, I really really hated that crossed eye bambi eyed Japanimation Peter design that Ramos created.. I bought the blank cover variant for same price as regular cover and flip immediately to page 2 just so I dont have to see that abomination of a cover.

Also, does anyone know how much that Marcos Martin variant was going for?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tfranzone View Post
    Yea, I really really hated that crossed eye bambi eyed Japanimation Peter design that Ramos created.. I bought the blank cover variant for same price as regular cover and flip immediately to page 2 just so I dont have to see that abomination of a cover.

Also, does anyone know how much that Marcos Martin variant was going for?
    Yeah, unfortunately I have the Ramos cover and I'm not too keen on it.

The Martin Variant if I'm not mistaken is retailed at $50.