Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 93
  1. #76
    Ultimate Member Lee Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    This just may be me, but my problems with 5YL, Zero Hour reboot, Mark Waid's Three-boot, and Bendis' Legion is this:

    Just because you call them Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, etc... doesn't mean anything unless they are the original character. I don't want Projectra as a snake or Timber Wolf as a lumbering hairball.

    Give me the REAL Legion of Super Heroes or I'm out.
    I agree.
    Well, at least 5YL Legion kept them as extensions of the original Legion.
    They were evolving, not replacing.

    But, still... I think Levitz chose right to skip over it when he continued the original continuity in 2010.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

  2. #77
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,159

    Default

    I am team retroboot Legion, the Johns version that is basically the Silver Age version before all the reboots. Johns can give the DC the greatest gifts by returning the JSA and LSH to ongoing status before leaving.

  3. #78
    OUTRAGEOUS!! Thor-Ul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halfway between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    6,277

    Default

    And when Johns leaves DC after having restored the retroboot, DC will gave the Legion to Jason Aaron.. who will do another reboot again!!
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

    "Great stories will always return to their original forms"

    "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

  4. #79

    Default

    I'd love to see the post-Zero Hour Legion again. Not even renaming them "The Wanderers" did anything for them, because nobody chose to follow that up with any appearances after Final Crisis happened.

  5. #80
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    5,717

    Default

    I love Geoff Johns' writing and love it when he writes the Legion... but at this stage I really hope DC isn't keeping any Legion project on hold because of him. Having gone exclusive with his Ghost Machine imprint at Image, he won't be able to follow up on any War of the Legions mini he might have been planning to write so at this point I'd much rather a new ongoing writer got the chance to set up their new status quo rather than inherit Johns'.

    That's if (and it's a big if) DC plans to even do something with the Legion and/or a new ongoing title is a possibility... which is not very likely these days.

  6. #81
    Fantastic Member Dougbauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    288

    Default

    With the last JSA issue, seems that the War of the 4 Legions will begin.
    Last edited by Dougbauer; 12-03-2023 at 07:17 PM.

  7. #82
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    With the ladt JSA issue, seems that the War of the Legions will begun.
    So, begun the clone wars, have?

  8. #83
    Mighty Member M@Bowers2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I agree.
    Well, at least 5YL Legion kept them as extensions of the original Legion.
    They were evolving, not replacing.

    But, still... I think Levitz chose right to skip over it when he continued the original continuity in 2010.
    Well Johns had already brought back the original continuity with Lighting Saga in 2007. Levitz was continuing what Johns had set up.

  9. #84
    Ultimate Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,885

    Default

    I think we need a "Crisis of Infinite Legions" where we just end up with a mashup/merged histories of all iterations -- keeping the histories, relationships and iterations of characters that work the best (which is of course subjective - aside from Garth being Garth and not Proty. That was just bad), so there's a mix of old and new, where we can have some of the more diverse designs but maintain a lot of the history and characterization fans have enjoyed over the years. Personally, I'd go for that.

    And keep them away from the present day for at least a year or two until the newly established team gains its footing.

  10. #85
    Mighty Member M@Bowers2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think we need a "Crisis of Infinite Legions" where we just end up with a mashup/merged histories of all iterations -- keeping the histories, relationships and iterations of characters that work the best (which is of course subjective - aside from Garth being Garth and not Proty. That was just bad), so there's a mix of old and new, where we can have some of the more diverse designs but maintain a lot of the history and characterization fans have enjoyed over the years. Personally, I'd go for that.

    And keep them away from the present day for at least a year or two until the newly established team gains its footing.
    I agree with this idea moving forward with the Legion. The best of all worlds if you will. Use the classic/Retroboot team as the base then add unique Legionnaires like Monster Boy, XS, Gates, Skikari, Ferro Lad (Bendis version), X-Ray Girl.

  11. #86
    Extraordinary Member Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,567

    Default

    They could always add new versions of diverse legionnaires from other continuities to the Retroboot version without another Crisis/reset.
    Heck, there were many diverse characters that Bendis chose to ignore in order to push his own creations.

  12. #87
    Ultimate Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    They could always add new versions of diverse legionnaires from other continuities to the Retroboot version without another Crisis/reset.
    Heck, there were many diverse characters that Bendis chose to ignore in order to push his own creations.
    Yeah, but you know if the Legion featured Tyroc, Kid Q, XS and Computo (especially in leadership positions) seemingly at the expense of Colossal Boy, Lightning Lad or Sun Boy, some people would complain about that as well.

  13. #88
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I agree with this idea moving forward with the Legion. The best of all worlds if you will. Use the classic/Retroboot team as the base then add unique Legionnaires like Monster Boy, XS, Gates, Skikari, Ferro Lad (Bendis version), X-Ray Girl.
    Because it's been established forever that the Reboot/Threeboot/Bendisboots all have their own versions of Garth, Imra, Brainy, Trips, Shady, Jo, etc. there's literally no reason why the classic continuity couldn't also have it's own versions of Reboot characters like Kid Quantum II, Dragonmage, Gates, Monstress, etc. or Threeboot characters like Gazelle, Turtle and Sizzle, or Bendisboot characters like Dr. Fate or Monster Boy or glowing-green-skeleton-in-a-containment-suit-kid.

    I would not mind at all either alternative, some Reboot/etc. characters coming over to the classic / Retroboot Legionverse (as has already been dabbled in with Gates and XS), or the OG Legionverse having it's own 'versions' of those characters, and even their entire worlds. Where is Vyrga (Gate's homeworld), for instance, in the classic Legionverse? Does Doopa (Turtle's homeworld) exist?

  14. #89
    Mighty Member M@Bowers2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    glowing-green-skeleton-in-a-containment-suit-kid is X-Ray Girl or Lass. That was revealed in one of the Bendis Legion tpbs.

  15. #90
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Because it's been established forever that the Reboot/Threeboot/Bendisboots all have their own versions of Garth, Imra, Brainy, Trips, Shady, Jo, etc. there's literally no reason why the classic continuity couldn't also have it's own versions of Reboot characters like Kid Quantum II, Dragonmage, Gates, Monstress, etc. or Threeboot characters like Gazelle, Turtle and Sizzle, or Bendisboot characters like Dr. Fate or Monster Boy or glowing-green-skeleton-in-a-containment-suit-kid.

    I would not mind at all either alternative, some Reboot/etc. characters coming over to the classic / Retroboot Legionverse (as has already been dabbled in with Gates and XS), or the OG Legionverse having it's own 'versions' of those characters, and even their entire worlds. Where is Vyrga (Gate's homeworld), for instance, in the classic Legionverse? Does Doopa (Turtle's homeworld) exist?
    I think this is the best way out of a difficult situation, while your first idea would work it would seemingly invalidate the histories of the alternate universe characters, that's not my Gates. Whereas the second way you suggested would leave their histories in place but put them in a new setting. The only downside of this is if ,and this isn't how I feel about it at all for I am team Retroboot, but if your favorite version of an established Legionnaire was one of the alternative versions. Let's say if you are a fan of snake Jeckie (Princess Projecta) then you are screwed but you can't please everyone. (Not me mind you I love the Sensor Girl look on Jeckie).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •