All-New Member

Question Looking for a B&W comic that deals with love and reincarnation

Hi everyone,

A long time ago - probably after 2001, but possibly as early as 1999 - I stumbled across a comic online that was drawn in black & white and in a western (US/European) as opposed to Japanese (Manga/Hentai) style. I don't remember too much about it (not even whether it was a web comic or scanned pages from an actual book, though the latter seems more likely in my memory), except for that it dealt with love and reincarnation, insofar as that its core concept was that the souls of the main characters, who were in love with one another, would reincarnate over time trying to get together, though hindered by the time period, specific form/body into which they reincarnated, as well as antagonistic characters with alterior motives. As such, characters were dressed period/historical clothing and the whole may or may not have had an erotic aspect to it (it likely did, as this is probably how I stumbled upon it at that time). The philosophy presented by the comic really struck a note with me and I'd really like to find it back to review this aspect of it.

I hope the combined knowledge on this forum will recognize the theme and will be able to provide some suggestions as to what it might be (may be even where I may be able to read it). So thanks in advance for your help!

The Metaverse Explorer

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

"the souls of the main characters, who were in love with one another, would reincarnate over time trying to get together, though hindered by the time period"
    I... remember this... not enough to be of any help, other than to say, yeah... I, too... remember this... will have to dig through notes and memory, and hope somebody saves me the trouble--!
    But yeah, I remember this, too... sorta...
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

All-New Member

That does sound exactly like what I remember...! I'm going through a rough break-up right now, and I believe that re-reading and understanding exactly this comic will help me with the grieving process. I sincerely hope that you'll be able to remember something of it or find it back.