Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

if this issue made one thing clear to me its that storm needs to give her quiet council seat to someone else.

obviously destiny using storms absence along with charles death was sneaky, but she was only presented with this option because storm will be splitting her time on two different councils and as the voice of sol. she cant do one job without ignoring the other and in this event alone she was absent for uranos attack on arrako because she was at quiet council meeting, and she was absent from a vote, the result of which could have wiped out iceland because she went to arrako.

its a problem with kate as well in all honesty

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    - Starfox to Shaw: "The immortality secret is what started this. We'll have to work out something you can give up there..."
    Shaw: "Whatever happens... it should help the children."
    Hmmmm.
    Maybe they're adding an age limit to the protocols? It'd tie in with Magneto's whole "I don't want to live too long" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    if this issue made one thing clear to me its that storm needs to give her quiet council seat to someone else.

obviously destiny using storms absence along with charles death was sneaky, but she was only presented with this option because storm will be splitting her time on two different councils and as the voice of sol. she cant do one job without ignoring the other and in this event alone she was absent for uranos attack on arrako because she was at quiet council meeting, and she was absent from a vote, the result of which could have wiped out iceland because she went to arrako.

Yeah, it's quite unfortunate. With their time being split between their respective teams it's hard for them to commit to both of their roles fully and fully give it the attention they need to give it.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

But it's not like they can leave because then they'd just put like the Fenris Twins on the council otherwise

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Alas. I will adhere to the adage.

When one has nothing good to say...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Is "Mutant church" just a metaphor for Krakoa or is he involved with The Spark? Because he hasnt been involved at all in Legion of X that I've read so far
    The Spark isn't a religion, it's more of a philosophy, but even that's kind of an overstatement. It's only tenet is to "try new things".

At this point it doesn't make sense that each member doesn't have a standby proxy voter of their choosing as backup in these kinds of situations.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post

I literally thought the same thing! But it would be pretty hard to give up her seat if she is the voice of arakko. She has to speak for them and also vice versa

Is it me or since Inferno is Xavier more compassionate? It seems that Emma's humility cure has had positive effects on him and Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Alas. I will adhere to the adage.

When one has nothing good to say...
    You and your appropriate nicknames for Shaw during Marauders came to mind when I was reading this. If you hated Shaw before, oof.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Is it me or since Inferno is Xavier more compassionate? It seems that Emma's humility cure has had positive effects on him and Magneto.
    I guess it depends. Legion of X is not showing him in the best light at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Feels like Gillen is definitely trying to bring some more of his classic characterization in. Really curious to read his focus issue. Spurrier is not showing him in the best light though.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I guess it depends. Legion of X is not showing him in the best light at all.
    Touché. Although Xavier has always been especially unpleasant with his family.

This felt like a solid issue; impressive because it alternated among many different plot threads while digging into Shaw's character. As someone else said, much better than last couple issues and hope it keeps up.

Points of interest

- Destiny is a lying liar who lies. By that I mean she said it was her mother who judged her when that was not the case.

- Mother Righteous is Mephisto or at least that's what I'm thinking we're supposed to believe. Who else is that red, appears in a pentagram after sacrifice, and grants wishes? As proof: If, as others note, Mother Righteous is seeking worshippers why would she be concerned w/Shaw who clearly has no such inclination. He's a godless man. Like Mephisto, she's there for the transaction/debt.

- Shaw is complex; doesn't challenge any expectations; still capable of surprises. Cool.

- Eros hanging in the Hellfire Club; interesting.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 09-07-2022 at 10:58 AM.

IMO I think the issue was dancing around what it really wanted to talk about which was how Shaw was sexually active with Sage when she was undercover with the Hellfire club under age. I think that is the real thing that Shaw was being judged on.

He saw Frost because he knows with all the things that he hates about Frost she did care about children compared to himself who did that to Sage.