Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I find this event to be a bit confusing; likely cause I'm only reading Immortal. But still some good character beats. I think some of these panels have already been used in the series? The Destiny cap turn looked VERY familiar.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Kieron Gillen needs a raise. This is the fist Marvel Event in a long time that has held up past the initial premise when it moved into its middle section. I really enjoy how the event and Immortal X-Men are giving characters introspection and motivation for action as the main focus.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    You and your appropriate nicknames for Shaw during Marauders came to mind when I was reading this. If you hated Shaw before, oof.
    LOL. Oh, Sibling...I knew what to expect but Gillen surpassed all expectations in all the very worst ways.
    "Oof." Indeed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This was brilliant, I don't think Kieron Gillen and Lucas Werneck get enough praise for crafting such good comics. I appreciate Gillen being the new caption king and giving you more to read every issue, whether it's Immortal and the focus character of the month sharing their thoughts or the Earth Machine over in Eternals/Death to the Mutants. Also love the Legion of X connection. And Lucas Werneck makes every panel a thing of beauty, his Emma, Ororo, Kate are all gorgeous and the storytelling is crisp and clear. Immortal really shares the crown with Red as the best X-book for me at the moment.

Mighty Member

Saw this review man this are getting intense also I enjoy the interactions with kro and Emma kro has a thing for blondes

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

they should give Storm's seat to Monet. She has that bite that Selene would bring but she'd make sense as a member of X-Corp being on the council as well as another younger generation voice to round out as well as a lot of prestige and billionaire elegance.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    they should give Storm's seat to Monet. She has that bite that Selene would bring but she'd make sense as a member of X-Corp being on the council as well as another younger generation voice to round out as well as a lot of prestige and billionaire elegance.
    I'm not saying it's your intent but given your last few posts i think it's important to point out this train creates a problem in of itself even if from the sole optics of it. In a sense this promotes there is only one seat for one person of color in a particular space especially black females and one has to replace the other in order for one to come up on a council full of not only repetitive powers but one type of ethnicity and melanin so not only by replacing storm with monet are you replacing one of the sole females of color on the council but one of the most unique powers overall on the council where there are several telepath are telapthic light characters. Again not saying that's what your intention is but your latest post seem to have a certain trend to them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Monet would be a perfect fit for Kitty's seat. There's no reason for her to be there in the first place

Haven't read the issue yet but am glad to hear that Exodus has seemingly passed. For me his moments have been the best part of this series.

Instead of seat switches I'd rather see a transition to a new kind of ruling body at the end of the first year of this book, since it feels like that's where the books have been headed anyways. But would def want to see a big cast switch for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Instead of seat switches I'd rather see a transition to a new kind of ruling body at the end of the first year of this book, since it feels like that's where the books have been headed anyways. But would def want to see a big cast switch for that.
    There should definitely be elections for seats on the council. It makes little sense imo for the nation to vote on a superhero team but not the ruling body of the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Touché. Although Xavier has always been especially unpleasant with his family.
    These days he is. Back then, he used to risk anything for his son, beyond actual lives of innocents, which was where the line was drawn. His whole thing was always that he was a better father to his X-Men due to circumstance and responsibility back then, which was both understandable and tragic.

These days, he is more or less trying to push the idea of “the end justifies the means” to excuse his actions. Because he is always on defense, it has put him in an especially negative light. So, with all that in mind, it’s mostly just Legion he is especially agro towards. Xandra meanwhile is basically the favorite child, an idea I personally despise because Legion’s problems are not his own doing and he has taken every step he could to deal with it. Xavier’s so preoccupied with Krakoa that he basically disowned Legion without outright saying as much because of how much of a danger he is. It’s one thing to keep Legion in a secluded area to keep everyone safe, but what Xavier was basically hide the problem with no plan to actually solve it.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    There should definitely be elections for seats on the council. It makes little sense imo for the nation to vote on a superhero team but not the ruling body of the nation.
    The whole structure should be abolished, since it has too many obvious flaws- no tiebreaker, undemocratic, a decent part of the council is in seats that are unsuited to their personalities, without specific purpose, or both, etc. The problem is that writers are clearly very interested in explore the possibilities of it for much longer, and would be hard to build a system that is fairer, makes sense, and works well for dramatic reasons

Astonishing Member

I mean, I know I've said this elsewhere, but honestly, in the absence of a full government shakeup, I'd swap out Storm, Kate AND Piotr. The first two so they can focus on their other responsibilities and since they don't often get to contribute much to Council politics beyond weighing in on individual votes, and Piotr because well, dude is compromised - not his fault, but I don't see any reason for him to stay on the Council once the Mikhail reveal happens, nor do I think he'd even WANT to, being wary of trusting himself even. I think Monet would be a great replacement for Kate on the Hellfire table, Berto could take Storm's seat and become the Quiet Council's liaison with Arakko as he works hand-in-hand with Storm and Magneto to relay Krakoa's perspective on various matters to them and in turn take the Great Ring's perspective back to the Quiet Council for their consideration, and then Dani could replace Piotr and bring her focus on mental health matters and representing the interests of the younger generations of mutants.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

you better believe they do. Storm should be allowed a Hero's Death and they can't do that because it looks waaaaay bad if they ever kill off Storm. I just want to live in a world where Marvel has a solid base of recognizable black female mutants that are their own thing, and for good reason. theyre unique and hold their own representation in the way too many seats that Storm is faced to sit on because of her being Claremont's answer to omnirace.