Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Default Tempo Is the New Storm 2024 !! CALLIN IT!

I'M PROBABLY JUST TRYIN TO START SH*T but-
    Tempo has so much innate star power in them as a standout X-Man. She's also a great StormBreaker. As in a black female popular mutant character that can come along and be propelled easily as the face of black mutant iconic representation, would be a shoe in easily and efficiently. Side by Side the character attributes that make Storm popular as represented WITH the X-men however, not as a solo character; or adventurer; or comparatively from a publication or fanbase standpoint. No! Tempo is in a place where with a heavy continual push, and really great art team and direction behind the character, she'd make it. she is more urban. Her style more ephemeral, the use of music as well comes to mind, that tell a certain identity and story, even as she's constantly improvising on the fly to bend time and the fast paced anywhere anytime action that can create is a fantastic mutant skill too have as long as they keep it away from time travel and keep it to controlling perceptions of time and physics in a liminal time space that serves the potential for breaking Storm from Marvel's bizarre mortal coil they've made for the character.

foremost being - they're both elementals! it's glaring! the way that we see Tempo use physics to her will and bends it and shapes it is similar to how Storm manipulates the atmosphere as well. they change the playing field to their advantage.

I DO NOT HOWEVER CONDONE THE USE OF TEMPOS POWERS TO TIME TRAVEL wth that's the new SUNSPOTY CAN FLYY fr.

Also, gamine, elegant, costumes. the glockenspiel's on Tempo's gorgeous helmets, Storm's come-****-me-boots, gold Accents or time is GOLDEN HEAD TO TOE!

Sympathetic Backstory and actualization of an X-men subplot that extends the lineage of the necessity of continuity when made a class of mutants of color, Synch included, that repopulate the franchise in a way that supports the necessity for mutant identity by making Tempo the Franchise's New Top Black Female Character after years of her being on the fringes of want ing to commit to becoming an x-man?

Tempo is so CURRENT> she's fresh and funny and solid n sexy and I feel like that kind of energies kind of missing among the international set of Black X-characters tbh.

Loads of Solo story Potential.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 09-07-2022 at 11:47 AM.

BANNED

I take it there's no new book on the horizon featuring Tempo, is there?

Or Tempo can be the new Tempo and we can stop pushing the narrative that the franchise only has space for one black woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Or Tempo can be the new Tempo and we can stop pushing the narrative that the franchise only has space for one black woman.
    Definitely agree. A writer can elevate Tempo without diminishing or replacing Storm.

Co signed.

@thread - I am loving Tempo in Marauders. For me she would never mean as much to me as Storm, Betsy, Rogue, Emma, Magik, PoPo or Jean, but I do want to see her star continue to rise.

She needs a better costume.

Can this be yelled from the highest pile of comicbooks?

Why is it that there can be whole ass teams of all white characters and no one bats an eye, yet to boost an up-and-(hopefully)coming black character she needs to replace Storm as the "token" of Marvel?

Also worth noting, no one could ever replace Storm. Not on their very best damn day.

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    This!

She's been wearing the same fit since her inception. If she is to be propelled into the spotlight then let her do it in some new digs.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Yes, because in this day and age, there can only be one prominent black woman in the entire franchise. /s

Tempo is set to be the Tempo and perhaps stand beside storm in the rare space of uber powerful black women who have to live responsibility in marvel comics. I have to say marauders 6 was EASILY the book of the day for me. New Mutants was actually pretty good too as a nice wrap up to some of Vita's emotional plots but i await with baited breath for vita return.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-07-2022 at 04:49 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Definitely, the gold metallic Hershey wrapper condom look just ain't it. In some images it look like she has a cow udder on her head.

edit: They should give the guy who wrote new mutants 29 a shot at x-force. He did a good job with action/plot/emotion and wrapping up an aspect of another writer's storyline/s
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-07-2022 at 04:51 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Definitely, the gold metallic Hershey wrapper condom look just ain't it. In some images it look like she has a cow udder on her head.
    The helmet has always been the weakest part, either the clunky bucket-with-holes that Liefield introduced her in, or the ridiculous chicken's-comb-thing she's got now. A gold skintight bodysuit is fine, with a much, much better headpiece (or none at all).

I like the notion that, like fellow MLF member Dragoness, she might derive her flight from some tech that Stryfe gave her (in Dragoness' case, mechanical wings), and if her gold suit provides both some limited protection (since her powers aren't always a great defense) and had some anti-gravity tech that allowed her to fly (and her mutant powers was *only* time manipulation, and not 'time manipulation, and flight, for no darn reason'), that could be cool (and explain why, unlike other mutants like Fabian Cortez or Joanna Cargill, she hasn't changed her costume much since her introduction...).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The helmet has always been the weakest part, either the clunky bucket-with-holes that Liefield introduced her in, or the ridiculous chicken's-comb-thing she's got now. A gold skintight bodysuit is fine, with a much, much better headpiece (or none at all).

I like the notion that, like fellow MLF member Dragoness, she might derive her flight from some tech that Stryfe gave her (in Dragoness' case, mechanical wings), and if her gold suit provides both some limited protection (since her powers aren't always a great defense) and had some anti-gravity tech that allowed her to fly (and her mutant powers was *only* time manipulation, and not 'time manipulation, and flight, for no darn reason'), that could be cool (and explain why, unlike other mutants like Fabian Cortez or Joanna Cargill, she hasn't changed her costume much since her introduction...).
    That could be interesting. If i'm honest not much about tempo stands out in my mind over the recent era so i can't really say much about the suit but there being a reason for it even if it's giving flight or extra protection or makes traveling time easier or what not may at least add some connection to the suit for fans etc. But yeah the head piece is a mess. Maybe something with smaller eyes or like that helmet in the dc animations zatanna is always connected to Dr. Fate, i think but not sure. Though now that i think about it it would be a funny as hell joke if we find out under there tempo has her hair styled and freezes it in time and that is why the shapes on her helmet change. lmao.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

I've always liked Tempo and so am glad at the push she's been getting recently and hope it continues, and like, I accept that the power creep effect is well underway with her and she's a full blown time traveler/manipulator for good at this point.....all I'm saying is I hope that they still at least make use of her initial powerset to 'steal time' from her enemies and use it to speed up herself and her allies, because that was a cool gimmick all on its own. Like I'm fine with the interpretation that she always had broad time-related powers but kept them limited to specific usages whenever possible, because she worries about the ripple effects of too much time manipulation....but like, at least don't do away with her original shtick entirely, y'know? It was a fairly unique effect that still had a lot of combat/action applications, and I'd just like to see more of that kind of time related stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Co signed.

@thread - I am loving Tempo in Marauders. For me she would never mean as much to me as Storm, Betsy, Rogue, Emma, Magik, PoPo or Jean, but I do want to see her star continue to rise.
    Storm didn't get to be Storm by being the "New Jean Grey..."