View Poll Results: Dark Crisis (on Infinite Earths) - do you like it?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reading it and enjoying it.

18 21.69%
  • Reading it, but it's just "okay".

15 18.07%
  • Reading it / not all that thrilled with it.

27 32.53%
  • Bought some issues but not continuing with it.

3 3.61%
  • Waiting to see if it will get collected somewhere.

1 1.20%
  • Not reading it / not really interested.

18 21.69%
  • Wasn't even aware of its existence.

1 1.20%
  • Other (please explain in a separate post).

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dark Crisis (on Infinite Earths) - do you like it?

Well, I did this in the Batman section for the Shadow War crossover; might as well do one for DCoIE.

Here are the choices for the poll:
    * Reading it and enjoying it.
    * Reading it, but it's just "okay".
    * Reading it, but not all that thrilled with it.
    * Bought some issues but not continuing with it.
    * Waiting to see if it will get collected somewhere instead of buying individual issues.
    * Not reading it / not really interested.
    * Wasn't even aware of its existence.
    * Other (please explain in a separate post).

I know there have been quite a few who have expressed less than favorable opinions on this event in the general Dark Crisis thread, but the poll may show how people feel who haven't spoken up / out yet.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm really enjoying it so far. It really has that grand appeal like Crisis On Infinite Earths or Infinite Crisis. Issue #4 was the best one yet!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

So far it's been kinda forgettable to me. The only good things of the event are the art and that the Titans haven't killed off for shock value.

Incredible Member

I'm reading and enjoying it I see all the negative comments online but I just love the art, seeing the JSA characters return and I also like Williamson's take on Jon Kent and the 2 Swamp Things from the little I have seen.

Haters going to hate but I'm enjoying it far more then I did DARK NIGHTS METAL

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I'm reading and enjoying it I see all the negative comments online but I just love the art, seeing the JSA characters return and I also like Williamson's take on Jon Kent and the 2 Swamp Things from the little I have seen.

Haters going to hate but I'm enjoying it far more then I did DARK NIGHTS METAL
    That’s honestly exactly my reasoning for loving it. It is a book starring characters I really like hanging out and fighting supervillains.

There’s no dark character destroying twist, no heroes fighting or killing other heroes, no one’s even died and of the worst injuries clearly Beast Boy is getting back up next issue after being shot in the face.

So when it all comes down to it’s just a fun, well drawn classic team up epic of the dc universe.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I haven't read much DC in the last decade and I do not recognize A LOT of characters.

My interest waned. It feels like its been going for greater than five years

Fantastic Member

Everything I've seen has put me to sleep. Even as 'light hearted superhero fun' what I've seen has been... nothing. Just 'Jingle keys in front of toddlers' level interesting. So, just don't care and not bothering.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    So far it's been kinda forgettable to me. The only good things of the event are the art and that the Titans haven't killed off for shock value.
    The lack of Titans deaths for shock value is the only redeeming quality of Dark Crisis so far.

Astonishing Member

Just not impressed. A bunch of stuff happened, none of which seems to have any consequences.

The story has no tension and even the characters know it. All the interactions are at a "just another day in the DCU" level. Might have worked better if the first four issues had just occured on a random Wednesday without all the cosmic multiversal JLA and "JLA is Dead" set up.

I really want to like this. But it just feels like every issue is waiting for something to happen.

Metal was decent. Death Metal was legit exciting for me. Infinite Frontier is what got me switched from just always waiting for trades. Infinite Frontier got me full bore into collecting singles and now I literally have boxes of comics from the last year and a half.

JLI laid the ground work and Dark Crisis and its Tie ins are by far what I'm most excited to read each month. That and Flashpoint Beyond.

Comics have been very good to me this last year and a half and I'm such a fan of Williamsons Flash and Robin as well.

Look forward to reading more Dark Crisis and I hope he's got some real big tricks up his sleeve to help this go from a good solid event to something truely unique and eventful.

I'm here for it. We will see!

So far, with 48 people having voted . . .
    * Reading it / not all that thrilled with it. = 14 votes
    * Reading it and enjoying it. = 13 votes
    * Reading it, but it's just "okay". = 10 votes
    * Not reading it / not really interested. = 9 votes

"Bought some issues but not continuing with it" and "Waiting to see if it will get collected somewhere" each have one vote.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

It's OK.
    Williamson will need to seriously pull a rabbit of his hat to make this anything more than entirely forgettable.
    I've found the one-shots more enjoyable and the two Flash tie-ins were excellent.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

It's boring and empty. It has a good art and impressive action scenes, but it seems like Williamson simply cannot fit everything that this event is supposed to be about. World without Justice League? I don't feel it at all. Infinity Earths return? No idea, what exactly it's going to change and why the hell DC even needs to come back to this. Legacy? I don't see how this event helps legacy characters at all, except maybe Nightwing, who seems to get a huge spotlight in the finale, and Jon. The rest just... Exist, lol.

It's inoffensive, which is a nice change, but it doesn't let the Titans and other legacy characters reach any new heights (with the exception of Jon).

Maybe the big emotional moment that's going to happen in #7 will change how I feel about DCoiE, but a lot of the prior emotional moments feel flat because there aren't any stakes or even new realizations so I doubt it.

That it's not bringing the Dawn of the DCU doesn't help and the absence of the JL isn't handled in a way I think is interesting.