Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

They're not gonna let the X-Line derail themselves again for another cross-over so thank god for the mini.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I kind of wish they would do this more often.

Let the ongoings be ongoings and if someone wants to see what the X-Men did during a certain event then they can pick up mini's.
    Where is your profile pic from?

Yasmine Putra? cover art

100% skippable for me
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Gerry Duggan writing and Rod Reis on art! VERY happy with that.

Thanks for posting! "The Marvel crossover event Dark Web will have a major impact on the X-Men, and a new miniseries will find Krakoa's heroes defending New York City against the invading Limbo."

Oh lawd it's happening again! Goblin Prince incoming?!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Gerry Duggan writing and Rod Reis on art! VERY happy with that.
    Agreed! Reis is perfect for this NYC/demon/X-Men/Spidey situation.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Dammit!
    Well...that's great and unfortunate and hopeful.

Great that Duggan and Reis are telling it.
    Unfortunate that Maddie has squandered her "second chance" right out the gate. Magik will be pissed.
    Hopeful to see Havok in his Goblin Prince "handkerchief".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Dammit!
    Well...that's great and unfortunate and hopeful.

Great that Duggan and Reis are telling it.
    Unfortunate that Maddie has squandered her "second chance" right out the gate. Magik will be pissed.
    Hopeful to see Havok in his Goblin Prince "handkerchief".
    “Squandered” is definitely the first word that came to mind when I read these solicitations. I feel like we JUST got a good story that could breath new life into the character and have her defined by things other than her tragedy, only to have her go back to “crazy evil ex” the next time she shows up.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

The current X-Men team really is the perfect team for a Maddie story. I hope Cable makes an appearance as well though... that's a conversation that's long overdue. And despite him being literally everywhere at the moment, I wouldn't mind it if Sinister also figured into this. Let Maddie take her rage on someone deserving of it for once.

@ Kingdom X

I know, right!? I was so hopeful...things would be different if even for a little while.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    “Squandered” is definitely the first word that came to mind when I read these solicitations. I feel like we JUST got a good story that could breath new life into the character and have her defined by things other than her tragedy, only to have her go back to “crazy evil ex” the next time she shows up.
    I'm disappointed but not surprised. Marvel is determined to keep dragging Madelyne through the mud. They don't care that Maddie and Cable were approaching reconciliation, or at least detente, in X-Man (before Warren Ellis and Steven Grant hijacked the book). Nor do they care that S'Ym tricked her into becoming caught in his scheme. "Hey, if you can't indulge your wildest fantasies in a dream, then where?"

I want the real Madelyne back: The strong, gutsy, self-reliant woman:

The pilot who put her passengers' safety before even her husband's welfare. "We'll wait as long as we can, but I won't--I can't--sacrifice your lives – even for my husband."

The pregnant wife who supported Scott and the X-Men's mission to go to Asgard to rescue the New Mutants from Loki's clutches. "Those kids are counting on you."

And Anodyne, whom even Scott recognized as a reflection of his wife's basic personality. Acknowledge Madelyne as a healer again! Let Anodyne prevail over the Goblin Queen!
    Last edited by Anodyne; 09-09-2022 at 12:24 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

This might be the one event where i skip the x issues and just get the main event as i'm already getting Amazing and i'm unimpressed with not seeing at least synch on one of the xmen covers so i will wait to see what's inside the x-men issues but definitely not writing it off.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This might be the one event where i skip the x issues and just get the main event as i'm already getting Amazing and i'm unimpressed with not seeing at least synch on one of the xmen covers so i will wait to see what's inside the x-men issues but definitely not writing it off.
    Same for me. I'm highly enjoying Wells Amazing Spider-Man run so I will be following the event but am not feeling Forge and Synch being left off the covers for the X-Men mini.

Now that I know who the writer and artist are...I'm torn.
    I trust Duggreis to tell a good story (eventhough he's doing my Goblin Queen dirty), I'm just never interested in anything Spiderman.