Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It honestly seems like it’s going to be inconsistent across books, which I’m not surprised about because how else you gonna get a million tie-ins. They do have a bit of an in-story out because this new “god” is clearly kinda wonky and gives zero Fs.
    This artificial deity(diet deity? Diety?) Was created using pieces of very flawed deceased Celestials, and the brain pattern of freaking Tony Stark. Honestly, is ANYONE surprised his judgment parameters are slightly wonky and distorted. I am surprise it does not judge people by their ice cream taste or by the favored TV show. I am also surprised that this frankencelestial is somehow sober.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Not sure about Kurt. Of late, he seems to be lying to himself, desperately trying to delude himself into believing that he still has faith, or trying to find something, anything to use as a replacement crutch to take religion's place...
    I have doubts that he’ll pass too. I guess it depends on how Kurt’s judged and if legion of x 5 (which I think is supposed to take place before immortal x 6) somehow resolves those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    This artificial deity(diet deity? Diety?) Was created using pieces of very flawed deceased Celestials, and the brain pattern of freaking Tony Stark. Honestly, is ANYONE surprised his judgment parameters are slightly wonky and distorted. I am surprise it does not judge people by their ice cream taste or by the favored TV show. I am also surprised that this frankencelestial is somehow sober.
    It all makes sense if you think of him as Tony Stark in cosplay... this another of Tony Stark's hubristic, arrogant BIG IDEAS... just like that time Tony Stark got cosmic powers and tried to improve the world by making all New Yorkers as smart as himself, or the time he sent all superhumans who refused to obey him to a prison in the Negative Zone...

This is Tony Stark thinking "I am going to fix the world by giving them all a big scare! This way they will stop fighting and will try to improve themselves!".

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Gillen writes the Eternals primarily, and was forced to use the Avengers by editorial.

Plus, with a few notable exceptions, it seems that the higher one's personal standards are, the more likely they are to fail. The nuCelestial is basically the Inquisitor from Red Dwarf, only played straight rather than for comedy.
    I am pretty certain the Celestial isn’t judging them based on their standards. Otherwise, Destiny or Makkari would have passed, who felt they were fully justified for their actions of the past and present.

I think this is a case of what we originally thought the Celestial would do. It would judge them on morality, but on the basis of how they contributed to helping Earth thrive. Cap was judged a failure because, despite the inspiring image he portrays, he didn’t actually do anything to progress the nation to being a unified country. And his dealing with the angry mob just shows how disconnects he was to the people, despite his good intentions.

Emma Frost’s fail was her taking the careful road as a bystander for plausible deniability, a result that would have ended in destroying the entire Earth as a result. The Celestial used the death of the Hellions as a reminder of the lives she had already lost due to her actions of the past, possibly as a reminder to her office what could happen if she goes back to the woman in the shadows role she played with Shaw.

Destiny was judged a failure because she was a hypocrite of her own word. She speaks as if she were fighting for others just as much as herself, but it’s plain to see that she is still very much looking for her own interest and will let others take the fall for that. Had she actually believed what she felt about the cost and didn’t lie about the outcome, she probably would have passed on the basis that she is fighting for everyone’s survival and not just her own.

The Deviants are judged a pass because their empathy to the mutant’s situation against Eternals prompted to act on behalf of mutantkind, despite their losses to the Eternals in the past or the possible judging of their old gods.

Makkari failed because, in spite of her saying that she would not have made the same mistake of creating the Celestial, saying she needed more time in perfecting it, she still pressed forward. Not once did she revert course after seeing things go wrong, an inconsistency between her word/thought and actions.
    Last edited by PyroFN; 09-10-2022 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    This artificial deity(diet deity? Diety?)
    It's deity lol.

Was created using pieces of very flawed deceased Celestials, and the brain pattern of freaking Tony Stark. Honestly, is ANYONE surprised his judgment parameters are slightly wonky and distorted. I am surprise it does not judge people by their ice cream taste or by the favored TV show. I am also surprised that this frankencelestial is somehow sober.
    Now this is making me consider that the Celestial will decide in the end to force everyone into a civil war between those who passed and those who didn't .

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    It all makes sense if you think of him as Tony Stark in cosplay... this another of Tony Stark's hubristic, arrogant BIG IDEAS... just like that time Tony Stark got cosmic powers and tried to improve the world by making all New Yorkers as smart as himself, or the time he sent all superhumans who refused to obey him to a prison in the Negative Zone...
    Hold on, when the hell did he make New Yorkers as smart as himself? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    I am pretty certain the Celestial isn’t judging them based on their standards. Otherwise, Destiny or Makkari would have passed, who felt they were fully justified for their actions of the past and present.

I think this is a case of what we originally thought the Celestial would do. It would judge them on morality, but on the basis of how they contributed to helping Earth thrive. Cap was judged a failure because, despite the inspiring image he portrays, he didn’t actually do anything to progress the nation to being a unified country. And his dealing with the angry mob just shows how disconnects he was to the people, despite his good intentions.

Emma Frost’s fail was her taking the careful road as a bystander for plausible deniability, a result that would have ended in destroying the entire Earth as a result. The Celestial used the death of the Hellions as a reminder of the lives she had already lost due to her actions of the past, possibly as a reminder to her office what could happen if she goes back to the woman in the shadows role she played with Shaw.

Destiny was judged a failure because she was a hypocrite of her own word. She speaks as if she were fighting for others just as much as herself, but it’s plain to see that she is still very much looking for her own interest and will let others take the fall for that. Had she actually believed what she felt about the cost and didn’t lie about the outcome, she probably would have passed on the basis that she is fighting for everyone’s survival and not just her own.

The Deviants are judged a pass because their empathy to the mutant’s situation against Eternals prompted to act on behalf of mutantkind, despite their losses to the Eternals in the past or the possible judging of their old gods.

Makkari failed because, in spite of her saying that she would not have made the same mistake of creating the Celestial, saying she needed more time in perfecting it, she still pressed forward. Not once did she revert course after seeing things go wrong, an inconsistency between her word/thought and actions.
    Yeah I get the feeling that someone only really passes is if what they say and what they do is consistent with each other, and how hard they're actually trying to do whatever objective they set out to do.

Although if Immortal X-Men#6 is any hint, if you're consistent with yourself, but still are a piece of ****, you're failing, so trying to be a good person is important too.

It also looks like the Celestial is rather impartial as well, 'cause he didn't really care about people trying to kill him, he even made someone who did try to kill him, pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Has her judgement been shown in Marauders? Don't trust her if her own account in Immortal is all we have.
    It was not shown in Marauders. And based on how quickly she waved off the judgement process in Immortal, I think she’d hiding something.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Gillen writes the Eternals primarily, and was forced to use the Avengers by editorial.

Plus, with a few notable exceptions, it seems that the higher one's personal standards are, the more likely they are to fail. The nuCelestial is basically the Inquisitor from Red Dwarf, only played straight rather than for comedy.
    There is no Eternals book anymore. Gillen’s primary job is Immortal X-Men now.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member

I take issue with Luke Cage failing...He is Luke Friggin Cage. That man's got as much heart as Cap and should not have gotten the thumbs down.

As for Xavier....well...he got the thumbs down for what looks like just being Charles Xavier.

Miles got the thumbs up...but has it shown Peter yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I take issue with Luke Cage failing...He is Luke Friggin Cage. That man's got as much heart as Cap and should not have gotten the thumbs down.

As for Xavier....well...he got the thumbs down for what looks like just being Charles Xavier.

It hasn't shown Peter's judgment yet, which will likely happen in the Amazing Spider-Man 10 tie-in. I think it comes out in a week or two.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

thor passing because his hammer says he's worthy, so it must be true is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

Charles got the thumbs down for being a **** father for the 999th time.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Kamala Kahn passed. What a surprise…

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Kamala Kahn passed. What a surprise…
    Why wouldn't she?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Charles got the thumbs down for being a **** father for the 999th time.
    Like I said...just being Charles Xavier.

BANNED

What will happen to the people failed to pass?