Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

Postponed:
    Exodus
    Storm
    Uranus
    Exodus passed.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    IDk why theyre making Sinister look so much like Leto.
    They needed to use as reference for Sinister someone who the audience would immediately recognize as an extremely annoying and self-important pervert, and who else fits it better?

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Wolverine/Solem and Daughter of the Hand have Failed, or I should say in the words of the Celestial: "They have Chosen the Failed Path"

In inmortal x-men kate said she hasnt been judged yet. As for Jean is going to be judged for the action of dark phoenix even if it was not Jean.. The Marauders and Birdy stuff wasn't clear for me (though I was happy to ser Birdy)

Kate passed. Missed it

Quote Originally Posted by Hephoenix View Post
    Kate passed. Missed it
    Kate lies.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Spectacular Member

So, just to clarify, the nature of the test set by the Progenitor is basically "Are you doing the very best you can to achieve your best life? Are you self-aware enough to know yourself and your capabilities, and are you comfortable with them? Are you honest, or are you making excuses for why you choose to fail by never even trying?"

Scott passed (hilariously) because he's been on a long journey of self-discovery and is currently pretty damned happy with where his life is at and his role in it.

Captain America failed because he knows, deep down, that his professed goal of inspiring people to be better by embodying all that is 'good' about one country is inherently unachievable, but he tells himself soothing lies about "staying in the fight" because the alternative is so unpalatable to him.

Uranos is on probation because his life's great mission (global genocide) is currently unachieved, but is in the process of coming to fruition. The same goes for Exodus and Storm. They'll be judged on how they come through this crisis because, while they are honest with themselves about what they want to achieve, this crisis right here is them in the process of achieving it.

So, at some point, the Marvel Universe's human race is going to find out that their judgement is in their own hands and 50.1% of them will have to step-up and be honest about making their own dreams come true in order to save the planet.

They are so doomed.

My understanding of it from Marauders is it was using the darkest moments from someones life, preying upon their vulnerabilities and blaming them for their personal worst mistakes and then seeing what their response was to it. It marauders it came off like testing their belief in themselves and their actions.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Why? I missed something?

From the Quiet Council I think Ororo, Kurt and Hope will pass (Unless Hope fails for being part of the five)

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    My understanding of it from Marauders is it was using the darkest moments from someones life, preying upon their vulnerabilities and blaming them for their personal worst mistakes and then seeing what their response was to it. It marauders it came off like testing their belief in themselves and their actions.
    It honestly seems like it’s going to be inconsistent across books, which I’m not surprised about because how else you gonna get a million tie-ins. They do have a bit of an in-story out because this new “god” is clearly kinda wonky and gives zero Fs.

Extraordinary Member

Steve Rogers fails? What a load of crap. Sounds like an X-writer taking a shot at non-mutant characters.

BANNED

In inmortal x-men kate said she hasnt been judged yet. As for Jean is going to be judged for the action of dark phoenix even if it was not Jean.. The Marauders and Birdy stuff wasn't clear for me (though I was happy to ser Birdy)
    But, for all intent and purpose, it was Jean's mind, body, and spirit if not power.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    She was definitely not judged.

Ah, so

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Steve Rogers fails? What a load of crap. Sounds like an X-writer taking a shot at non-mutant characters.
    Gillen writes the Eternals primarily, and was forced to use the Avengers by editorial.

Plus, with a few notable exceptions, it seems that the higher one's personal standards are, the more likely they are to fail. The nuCelestial is basically the Inquisitor from Red Dwarf, only played straight rather than for comedy.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 09-09-2022 at 07:30 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Why? I missed something?

From the Quiet Council I think Ororo, Kurt and Hope will pass (Unless Hope fails for being part of the five)
    Not sure about Kurt. Of late, he seems to be lying to himself, desperately trying to delude himself into believing that he still has faith, or trying to find something, anything to use as a replacement crutch to take religion's place...

As I said in the Legion of X forum:

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    What disappoints me about Kurt, he is basically deluding himself and avoiding the answers to his own questions, taking solace in wishful thinking and shallow philosophies...

Kurt knows about Cosmic Entities like Eternity and the Living Tribunal, Galactus, the Phoenix and Mistress Death. He knows about Principalities like the Vishanti and the Seraphim. He knows about gods like Odin and Thor.

He knows about the afterlife: He should remember being there, and anyways, mutants are mining the Realm of the Dead for mysterium...

He knows how the universes start and ends. He knows about how human (and mutant) evolution was influenced by beings like the Celestials.

He should be seeking answers to the real questions: "What is the God I have been worshiping all this time?","Does it even exist?","How does the multiverse really work, what is everything really about?", "Do we really need faith at all, when we can visit the afterlife or meet our gods?", "Does worship makes sense at all, when the only creatures who demand it are pretty much at a level at which we heroes can defeat them, and the real rulers of reality don't care about it?".

What he does instead is to bury all the important questions and pull out of his ass some shallow doctrine to try to believe in... even if he has to make that doctrine up as he goes...

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Kate lies.
    Has her judgement been shown in Marauders? Don't trust her if her own account in Immortal is all we have.