Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

BANNED

Ugh, horrible writing of MJ here, she'd be telling Moira to go F herself and not be so subservient.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Ugh, horrible writing of MJ here, she'd be telling Moira to go F herself and not be so subservient.
    She literally has her hand around her neck that can kill her if she fights back

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    She literally has her hand around her neck that can kill her if she fights back
    The villain outright says she doesn't trust her grunts not to return the arm to her body. Moira is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    then she dies simple as that. shes lucky Peter is even coming to save her
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Someone's salty lol

I want to believe Wells is going to write one big redeeming moment for MJ where she takes charge and kicks but...but somehow I doubt it.

Also the new costume continues to look silly. Like, balls on his arms? Why?

Feels like Wells would rather be writing another X-Book.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want to believe Wells is going to write one big redeeming moment for MJ where she takes charge and kicks but...but somehow I doubt it.

Also the new costume continues to look silly. Like, balls on his arms? Why?

Feels like Wells would rather be writing another X-Book.
    The balls are supposed to be nano-spider grenades or something like that. Beyond that, it reminds me of his Ricochet costume, though I will admit to the suit design being better without them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Moira literally tells her that she doesn't trust her men to do the job of taking her back to her body.

Astonishing Member

"Name's Gateway, and his work speaks for itself" is so Claremont-esque that I can't help but love it. The rest of the preview is pretty meh, which is part for the course in modern ASM

again with the magic aborigine tropes.. ah well..

Astonishing Member

It's very sus that Mary Jane doesn't shoot the the robot attached to her neck in the first two pages of the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It's very sus that Mary Jane doesn't shoot the the robot attached to her neck in the first two pages of the comic.
    That's because she doesn't have wrist control

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    A) Not the first two pages of the comic; the first pages were in a previous (unlettered) preview and are a recap of the Hellfire Gala.

B) Nah, it's not sus that Wells is writing her OOC as a helpless damsel; that's been his consistent depiction of her since he started writing Spider-Man comics. And Duggan also wrote her incredibly OOC in Hellfire Gala. Basically, this arc is one big sexist depiction of MJ as a mostly inanimate, agency-less object to be rescued used soley to made Spidey sad and angry, some of the worst writing for her since Dan Slott made her sit passively in a fire waiting for rescue, which has to be a nadir in sexist stereotype depictions of MJ - it's kinda pathetic MJ has been given her most cliched sexist depiction in the 21st century. Hopefully Jed Mackay will do a much more character accurate job in the Mary Jane and Black Cat: Dark Web miniseries.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 09-09-2022 at 10:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Even more sus! Two separate previews and Mary Jane hasn't defeated the villain yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    B) Nah, it's not sus that Wells is writing her OOC as a helpless damsel without any agency; that's been his consistent depiction of her since he started writing Spider-Man comics. And Duggan also wrote her incredibly OOC in Hellfire Gala. Basically, this arc is one big sexist depiction of MJ, some of the worst since Dan Slott made her sit passively in a fire waiting for rescue, which has to be a nadir in sexist stereotype depictions of MJ. Hopefully Jed Mackay will do a much more character accurate job in the Mary Jane and Black Cat: Dark Web miniseries.
    Very sexist, Zeb Wells would never write Peter Parker in dire straits like this.