Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    …My favorite episode was Catch a Falling Star.
    ^^^Mine is the Halloween ep. from season 3…:

It blew my young mind that spoilers:
    the freaking Devil would take offense to Sam “bungling through time” putting right what he’d made wrong.
    end of spoilers

^^^Spoiler tagged for the handful of ppl who actually might not have it.

BANNED

The original ending of "Deliver Us From Evil" was something too

spoilers:
    "Ziggy says you gotta kill her"
    end of spoilers

Strangely, this wasn't some weird gag outtake ending, even if it still went unused

^^^Damn, that is DARK.

Tonight's leap story was a bit boring, but two leapers!?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Some rambling thoughts anout the new QL:

I like it. It's different and in many ways has been updated for 21st century show stylings as with the lack of a full opening and overarching arcs.

Scott Bakula said no, BUT he can change his mind. Although, I pray to every god in the heavens it's not the finale because we all know what a Bakula final looks like.

I've got to hope Al's daughter turns out to be a boost for the series. It's still unknown as to whether she knows she exists only because of one of Sam's leaps. Both she and Beth owe a lot to Sam's actions in the project, but not necessarily the current project.

Something needs to be said about Donna, or better, an actual appearance by the character. Mimi Kuzyk seems to be still working based on her IMdB page. Are Beth, Janice, and Donna working on something?

I want a scene with Ernie Hudson and the waiting room. How much is remembered by a leapee? Are there differences between Sam's and Ben's leapees?

Ben had some spacewalking ability since he had some of his leapee's neurons. Outside of Lee Harvey Oswald, I really can't remember this happening in the original series.

Honestly, I am excited about this. But I do have some fears. Sam's leaps were mostly fairly low-key and only got big later on as the show was pressured. Saving the life of the only astronaut to die in space is a pretty major event. This was just week two. I loved Timeless, but its big events were explainable in that attempts were being made to change history. I like the smaller scale of most QL leaps and the good that the leapees go on to do after Sam leaps out.

I have not seen last nights episode yet so this blathering may not be up to date.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Tonight's leap story was a bit boring, but two leapers!?
    Are you referring to Al's daughter? I don't think she's going to leap, I think she's creating an imaging chamber so she can talk to Ben. If so, it'll be interesting seeing Ben, Addison and Janis in a scene where only Ben can see the two but they're both talking to Ben not knowing the other's there. Will Janis become "the other woman?"

-- They really seem to have retconned or changed how Leaping works. It seemed evident since they had never mentioned a waiting room. Now we have confirmation Ben is "in" the Leapee's body. I saw an interview with Bellisario himself where he seems to think Sam jumped into people, and he's attached to this show, so ... I don't know...(they could still add a line about how they advanced the technology to do this rather than have it be a retcon)
    -- The latest episode was decent. The usual of trying to balance the Leap story with advancing the main arc/mystery and plenty of Ben/Addison teases. I like how she used future knowledge to help Ben with the fight, then using his right-handedness as an ace in the hole to explain how he could win the fight seemed plausible enough.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Are you referring to Al's daughter? I don't think she's going to leap, I think she's creating an imaging chamber so she can talk to Ben. If so, it'll be interesting seeing Ben, Addison and Janis in a scene where only Ben can see the two but they're both talking to Ben not knowing the other's there. Will Janis become "the other woman?"
    That makes more sense.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I think Bellisario had his own version of the Mandela Effect where so many people thought Sam leaped into bodies, he came to believe it himself.

The show stated regularly Sam swapped places with them not bodies it's why he didn't suffer from any physical or mental disabilities that the person had and kept his physical strength like the time he beat up the rapist in the gazebo while going further it's how Sam fathered a daughter Sammy Jo in the past who eventually became a technician for Project Quantum Leap, and I wonder if that will be brought up much like the question of what is going on with Donna.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 10-05-2022 at 05:45 AM.

Apparently he doesn't remember the episode where Sam leaped into a multiple amputee.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I think Bellisario had his own version of the Mandela Effect where so many people thought Sam leaped into bodies, he came to believe it himself.

The show stated regularly Sam swapped places with them not bodies it's why he didn't suffer from any physical or mental disabilities that the person had and kept his physical strength like the time he beat up the rapist in the gazebo while going further it's how Sam fathered a daughter Sammy Jo in the past who eventually became a technician for Project Quantum Leap, and I wonder if that will be brought up much like the question of what is going on with Donna.
    Yes! Sammy Jo as well.

As to Sam's body leaping he had leapt into a blind musician but retained his sight also.

If they have a Scott Bakula appearance lined up now they better pull that sucker out now because this show needs all the help it can get.

This makes shows like La Brea look like prestige television. If you don't know what La Brea is here ya' go https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Brea_(TV_series). A warning about La Brea, once you fall down that hole you're not getting out.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That makes more sense.
    ^^^I'm betting that’s where they’re going w. it yeah.

Now, will Al’s daughter wear wild outfits is what I’m wondering…

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I'm betting that’s where they’re going w. it yeah.

Now, will Al’s daughter wear wild outfits is what I’m wondering…
    I'm thinking angel and devil over each shoulder trying to sway someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Mine is the Halloween ep. from season 3…:

It blew my young mind that spoilers:
    the freaking Devil would take offense to Sam “bungling through time” putting right what he’d made wrong.
    end of spoilers

^^^Spoiler tagged for the handful of ppl who actually might not have it.
    Great episode. Thanks for the reminder.

Still on the fence, though it's leaning positive right now.