Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Wrong forum.......sorry
    Last edited by FriendRoss; 04-30-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron King View Post
    shax, Scott, Rob, I started saving the threads from the old board today, page by page. I got through all of Classic Comic Christmas 2013 (announcement, postmortem, rundown, all 12 threads). I'm hoping to grab more tomorrow. I'll start with those and then probably move on to shax's review threads.
    That's amazing, Aaron. Thank you.

And, by the way, it's nice seeing you again, even if the circumstances are terrible.

thecolortechnic

Another vote for bringing the Classics back.

Although I occasionally venture outside of it, it's the main reason I visit the CBR forums. This is because of the group of people that are regulars there. And it wasn't only a great CBR forum, it was a great forum on the internet, in general. It was a special kind of community that happens very rarely on the internet. I've been both a member and moderator/admin of dozens of (various kinds of) forums over the last decade and only two others have had the same kind of force backing it which created a unique kind of camaraderie, creativity, and especially, community.

Fortunately those old threads can be retrieved (albeit, for a limited time) as a lot of hard work was put into those threads (I had just finished my MoKF run last week, too, and was keeping up with shax). But if the Classics forum isn't brought back to allow the community to rebuild itself then I'll probably stop coming to the CBR forums altogether. It just won't be the same.

This could have been handled much better. The new policies aren't going to fix the problems they want to fix, either. I've been moderator on forums that have tried. In the end, bad move.

I would also like to add my voice in favor of the restoration of the Classic Comics Forum.

I strongly urge the admins to consider bringing back the Classic board. It was my favorite place on the CBR forums and a huge part of why I stuck around this site. The wealth of knowledge and advice that the posters there had was invaluable to me as a young comic fan. Furthermore, the Meanwhile thread was my favorite thread on all of CBR and to see all the great conversations we had there disappear is depressing.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    That's amazing, Aaron. Thank you.

And, by the way, it's nice seeing you again, even if the circumstances are terrible.
    Thanks! You can't keep a good Aaron down.

We're having a discussion on Facebook about how to salvage stuff--Dan B, me, nobler Aaron K(ashtan), and a few others, including (hopefully) Kurt. Feel free to track us down and friend us if you're into that sort of thing.

We're having a discussion on Facebook about how to salvage stuff--Dan B, me, nobler Aaron K(ashtan), and a few others, including (hopefully) Kurt. Feel free to track us down and friend us if you're into that sort of thing.
    I'm already friends with Dan and Kurt. Please find and friend me.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I don't know if I ever posted in the Classic Comics forum but I always enjoyed checking in on it from time to time - especially thanks to the very thoughtful reviews of folks like shaxper. Added to that, it always seemed like one of the most civil, one of the flat out nicest, of the various sub-forums. I have no idea why it's no longer around but I do know that the CBR forums are significantly poorer for it.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Found you and sent you a friend request.

All-New Member

Hey JB... glad to see you are still standing atop Mount Kirby even as the smoke from this massive demolition has not yet cleared.

Wow but is sad news. CBR Classics was my Internet comics home since 2006... it wasn't even CBR it was Classics Forum and all the good people posting there I considered comrades and friends.

So many good times over the last 8 years and so many good words and wisdom shared. It's a bitter and brutal pill to swallow if this means the end. I don't want to say goodbye to all my old friends... Kurt, Dan, Shax, Roquefort "Ben" Raider, Slam, Rob, Aaron, Chris, MDG, Scott, Andy, berk, Confessor, and so many more. So many good times and traditions here, so much good talk and company.

So much work put in over the years (Shax you must be devastated with all the work you put into your review threads, indeed a lot of regulars here devoted themselves to these threads) and it feels like Classics got mowed down as innocent bystander.

I hate to think we will never "talk" again, that the family is blown to bits... but if you guys reassemble elsewhere I'll follow.

Here's to staying in touch. You are guys are great, and remain my pals.

Yes, please keep this forum alive. I loved reading the posts and as a new member, was looking forward to becoming more involved. It seemed like a great place to hang out and enjoy my passion with good folks.

We're already making contingency plans, folks. I still have high hopes that Jonah will see the wisdom in reinstating the classic comics forum immediately, but barring that, we have some pretty concrete plans we're putting together off-board.

Please PM me if you'd like to stay in the loop. If you're on facebook, let me know your name in a pm and I will friend you.

Thanks for the work thus far. I'll see what I can do about saving some threads. I'm friends with Dan, Kurt, Ben and some others on Facebook. I'll try to hop into the conversation there. I know Chris Nowlan is pretty upset. I'm with you guys 100%. And I say that having been here since 1998.

Yeah, wow. Did not expect that. If there was any notice given, I didn't see it.

Crud! We lose Al Feldstein and then I head over to the Classics board to read some heart-felt tributes to the man, and now this. Loss heaped upon loss. Classic Comics, we hardly knew ye.