Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

BOO HISSS!!

This was a colossal mistake, CBR. Save your own face. Admit it and reinstate the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by benday-dot View Post
    Hey JB... glad to see you are still standing atop Mount Kirby even as the smoke from this massive demolition has not yet cleared.
    Hi benday-dot (I love that name);

Over the months and years, I've been ongoing watching certain threads, especially anything Astro City oriented. My life workload shifted radically about four years ago, and most of my comics online time is spent at www.Herocopia.com. I also make a bit of noise on Facebook.

The more I ponder this, the more convinced I am that this reboot is a mistake. It was bad enough when a restart and loss of all the forums happened in 2004 (server crash), but this seems to be more convenience driven. Can't help but think that top level decision makers here, because of their general detachment from the forums, felt little understanding or appreciation for the history intertwined in all these messages.

I am very hopeful that this site becomes less toxic, but wow, I am sensing the entire internet is about to undergo a gigantic growth pain upheaval, with all kinds of locks, closures, privatizations, premium preferential treatments, and a lot more tracking and tracing of who is who and where they are. By comparison CBR is a small peanut trying to hold back an ocean of slimy posters.

-jb the (view remains great from up here on Mount Kirby) ib -
    Last edited by infobroker; 04-30-2014 at 09:08 PM.

The Classic Comics forum here at CBR was exemplary. Aaron Kashtan did a great job moderating it back in the day, setting a civil and friendly tone that made it a calm oasis on the CBR boards. It deserved a better fate than summary execution for unruly behavior elsewhere. Reinstating the Classic Comics forum would be nice, but if you really want to encourage better behavior at CBR, then reinstate all the posts in the Classic Comics forum. Then make a point of saying that it was done because everybody at Classic Comics kept it classy.

As a poster and original old school CBR Chat veteran back since its inception, it irks me that there was no notification on the main page, nothing....
    This is true amateur bush league way of running things. Not only all my PMs are no longer there, but great topics are lost in the wind. It's bad enough that I had to re-register but now trying to find a location of people of like minded fans of classic comics is no longer there. There's only 2 main areas I visit; the Comm board for the Cover Contest and the Classic Comics Board. The Classic Comics was small sure, it it was our little sanctuary away from the modern mire of comic news and garbage. We were a tight knit family that knew each other quite well.

Our house got wiped out by the info-tornado. We're asking to have a home back for us.

-R

And hey! To anyone that was still using and want back the "Guess The Classic Comics" Avatars that I awarded to "winners" way back in 2005-6 or so time frame, given me a holler. I can probably dig up the photoshop files that were used to construct them. I know for sure Dan Bailey was still using his, and I think I saw the Historian, Reptisaurrus, Metarog and a few others were still clinging to theirs.

-jb the artistic ib -

All-New Member

What my friends here have said.

Well, we've done a pretty impressive job of building a new home for the Classic Comics forum off-board over a super-productive two hours. Most of the gang is already there and posting like it was yesterday. Looks nice too, if I do say so myself.

I won't post the link here, as that would violate the new code of conduct, but please PM me if interested.

Jonah, if you're done with us for good, at least please allow us to post a forwarding address somewhere so that others can follow.

And, if you're willing to reconsider, most of us are still willing to listen.

Seems clear to me that none of the powers-that-be ever popped their head in to experience what a wonderful community the Classics Forum actually had.

What a shame.
    Last edited by Bronze-Age Brian; 04-30-2014 at 08:42 PM.
    R.I.P. Classic Comics Forum

I'll add my voice to those wishing for a return of the Classics Forum. It's what brought me to CBR to begin with and what kept me around. I ventured occasionally to other forums, but my home here was the classics forum. It was a place to talk comics where most of the posters were respectful and respected, which is what I gather the goal of the change is. Too bad an area that was doing just that was the casualty of the changeover. Without that home to anchor me, I am not sure how much I would stick around or post.

-M

Things happen fast when people care.

20 Classic Comics members, including most of our core posters, have already moved over to our new home, and we have ten threads with 129 posts in only three hours of being online. I plan to start moving over old threads tomorrow.

This is no longer a threat. It's a reality. Our community will thrive wherever it is welcome. I'm still not opposed to staying here if the sub-forum is reinstated, but I'm hearing from several folks that they're not so sure.

Again, if you missed it, the Classic Comics forum has a new home. PM me, and I will send you the link.

^That's great and all - but I think it should be retained here at it's former home. I understand the need for streamlining the forums, but the Classic Comics Forum was a wonderful, unique gathering place for discussion. I think it was the highlight of the CBR community.

Lissilambe

I have to agree with wanting to see Classic Comics come back. I never posted in it (I never really posted anywhere, but several of the other boards I might have kind of scared me anyway), but this was a great one to read, and always so polite and fascinating. I've gone to sign up at the other one, but would like to see it thrive here where it would seem to belong.

Take care
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    ^That's great and all - but I think it should be retained here at it's former home. I understand the need for streamlining the forums, but the Classic Comics Forum was a wonderful, unique gathering place for discussion. I think it was the highlight of the CBR community.
    Much as I'd love to see that continue, that's Jonah's call.

In the meantime, we've gained four more members in the last ten minutes. Our new home is all set up and looking spiffy. We can be very comfortable there. My only regret about leaving CBR would be the inevitable old members who somehow miss these posts and don't know where to find us (please PM me if you want the link!)

I LOVED our time at CBR, but I think we were just dumped, and I'm not the kind to cling and leave pleading voice-mails.

I get over it and move on.

All-New Member

I've gotta say, the new place is pretty darn sweet!

randle-el

How disappointing. Long-time lurker of the classic board, and recently have been making an effort to be a more active poster. I had made some attempts to read and post on other boards, but in the end got pretty frustrated at the level of discourse. I read and enjoy both classic and modern comics, but preferred the classic board just because I felt like people could talk about comics respectfully without all the nonsense that goes on all too often on Internet message boards these days. I pretty much gave up on every other CBR board and have been visiting the classic board exclusively. Ironic that the intent to clean-up the CBR forums ended up doing away with one of the few subforums that was doing it right.