Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee Jack View Post
    Just went to our new home on the Independents page, and noticed there are no postings from the old gang (other than the post I just made there.)

We've moved

You can find us at: http://classiccomics.boards.net/

Join the Secession!

Honestly, I'm happy with the new board, Shax. You did a great job making a new home for us oldsters.

Quote Originally Posted by DubipR View Post
    Join the Secession!

Honestly, I'm happy with the new board, Shax. You did a great job making a new home for us oldsters.
    Thanks, but I'm not looking to encourage the all-out-war attitude now that a reasonable attempt to compromise has been made.

I'm grateful the mods made an effort to listen and tried to find a middle path, but it just isn't enough, and we've managed to set up a perfectly good (and already very active) home elsewhere.

Still, this gesture by the CBR folks makes me able to depart without ill will. I appreciate their efforts.

Again, the link to our new home: http://classiccomics.boards.net/

All-New Member

Shax - thanks for getting the new board set up. I'm looking forward to heading over there and getting back with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Bishop View Post
    Shax - thanks for getting the new board set up. I'm looking forward to heading over there and getting back with you guys.
    Sorry I haven't PMed you back. I logged in and found 17 PMs requesting the link this morning, and we have to wait 3 minutes after sending each PM!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    Sorry I haven't PMed you back. I logged in and found 17 PMs requesting the link this morning, and we have to wait 3 minutes after sending each PM!
    No worries. I'm already set up over there, so don't worry about getting back to me via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    Thanks, but I'm not looking to encourage the all-out-war attitude now that a reasonable attempt to compromise has been made.

I'm grateful the mods made an effort to listen and tried to find a middle path, but it just isn't enough, and we've managed to set up a perfectly good (and already very active) home elsewhere.

Still, this gesture by the CBR folks makes me able to depart without ill will. I appreciate their efforts.

Again, the link to our new home: http://classiccomics.boards.net/

Oh, you know I'm having a bit of fun.

I didn't add in the Ken Burns slow picture zooms and old timey music!

I have no ill-will with CBR and its people. I've been around since 1996. I've seen the changes this site has done.

Oh, you know I'm having a bit of fun.

I didn't add in the Ken Burns slow picture zooms and old timey music!
    Now I'm sorry you didn't!
    Last edited by shaxper; 05-01-2014 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Bishop View Post
    No worries. I'm already set up over there, so don't worry about getting back to me via PM.
    Very glad to have you aboard

I understand why CBR forums did what they did but the Classics forum was what they wanted. They should use it an example to emulate. Polite great interactions between posters with a real sense of community. Plus I pointed many there that had questions about older comics. What a great resource it was.

To the Mods, you have 5 pages of posts asking for a separate Classics thread. Placing it within Independents hasn't pleased anyone. Shouldn't that be enough to rethink your decision and give us back a Classic forum.
    I am sure the people on Independents are nice. But i have no desire to go through pages of Valiant and Dynamite threads to find a Classic post. This was an ill considered decision that doesn't work for either group. Maybe you should listen to your users.

All-New Member

I'll be taking a slightly different route home from work to see if I can detect any unusual activity in & around the so-called First White House of the Confederacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    After some deliberation, we've decided that the best course of action in terms of the Classic Comics board is to launch it in conjunction with the Independents board.
    So post away, my friends! Post away!
    Would it really have cost anything extra to create Classics as its own, independent board?

We are still looking at other options, by the way. As a stop gap measure, we added Classics to Independents. It may, or may not, change - we're still discussing the topic.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)