Default Legion of the Unliving vs the Champions of Los Angeles

Legion of the Unliving vs the Champions of Los Angeles, including Darkstar but not Black Goliath. 616 versions. Power and skill levels for the Legion are as of their date of "death", while the Champions operate at power and skill levels as of the mid-'70s. (So, for example, no omega-level Iceman, and no cosmic powers for Midnight.) All the usual Khazan defaults.

1. Team versus team.

2. Individual matchups:
    a. Baron Zemo vs Angel
    b. Midnight vs Black Widow
    c. Wonder Man vs Hercules
    d. the original Human Torch vs Iceman
    e. the Ghost vs Darkstar
    f. the Frankenstein Monster vs Ghost Rider

The Legion of the Unliving:

The Champions:

Hmmmn, an intersting match-up for sure!

I will have to ponder on this....
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Mighty Member

I don't know the Ghost or Midnight, but Hercules and Ghost Rider are out of everyone else's league. The only one that comes close is Wonder Man.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    I don't know the Ghost or Midnight, but Hercules and Ghost Rider are out of everyone else's league. The only one that comes close is Wonder Man.
    I think the thread kind of implies that it's the Champions from the 1970s when they were a team? If so, the Ghost Rider isn't even close to his later power levels. Neither is the Iceman.

Based on how Angel was portrayed in the Champions (1970s) series, I'd give it to Zemo.

Hercules was definitely portrayed as a pay grade above Wonderman back then.

I'd give it to the Human Torch over Iceman. The original Torch was portrayed as fairly experienced and Iceman as fairly inexperienced and far less powerful back then.

The Ghost Rider beats the Frankenstein Monster. Ranged attacks and ones that the FM is particularly vulnerable to.

The other matches, I don't know. But Darkstar was portrayed as very powerful.
    Power with Girl is better.

Ghost can go intagible and typically that's hard to beat, but given how Darkstar's powers work, she just might be able to bypass his intangibility. If she can, he really doesn't have any chance against her. If she can't, it's his battle.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Darkstar uses the Darkforce, right?

Normally I’d give her the win based on that because of all the crap the Darkforce seems to do, but she’s fairly limited in her application, as I recall - blasts of energy that hit hard (but that’s all) and physical constructs, nothing that should be an issue for intangibility.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

1. Champions weren't together long, but Black Widow, Angel, and Iceman are all team players. The Legion of the Unliving was just barely a team, and the members include both Marvel's first superhero and an actual Nazi war criminal. So the Champions should have a teamwork advantage. If not, the individual matchups will lead to Hercules and Ghost Rider fighting Zemo, Midnight, the Torch, and the Ghost. Adhesive X is probably not very effective against either hero, so both Zemo and Midnight will be useless at this point. Ghost Rider's hellfire should work great against the cursed Ghost, and Hercules should do fine against the Torch since he did well enough against Nova, the herald of Galactus. I put my money on the Champs.

2.a. As a melee fighter, Angel is likely to get glitched with Adhesive X before he can lay a hand on Zemo. His best bet is to fly high, then dive fast at Zemo like a kamikaze, hoping to take Zemo out even if he gets glued.
    b. Midnight is practically a clone of Shang-Chi, plus he has throwing stars as standard gear. He can easily best the Widow in melee and should be fast enough to dodge her Widow's Bite blasts.
    c. Hercules has at least 2,000 years more combat experience than Wonder Man.
    d. The original Human Torch can fly and has several years of combat experience in World War II, so he should easily beat the less experienced Iceman.
    e. The Ghost (of the Flying Dutchman) can turn intangible and fire energy blasts that hurt the Silver Surfer. Darkstar at this time is only firing darkforce energy blasts and creating darkforce energy shields. I think Ghost takes it, but I don't know the full capabilities of the darkforce.
    f. The Frankenstein Monster is bigger, stronger, and maybe tougher, but he is vulnerable to fire. Ghost Rider wins.

Here is the Legion of the Unliving in action against the Avengers: https://view-comic.com/avengers-v1-132/