Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Ben Reilly, Spider-Man's infamous clone, after falling into a deep puddle of psycho-reactive quantum-shifting polymers that further screwed with his body and mind after he'd already had his foundation memories (accidentally) deleted by the Beyond Corporation trying to make him into its ideal corporate Spider-Man.
    Ah, thanks. Ben seems to have a lot of troubles. He and Havok should become friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Once the condescending feeling kicked in which was around Spider-man and his amazing friends all my brain read was blah blah blah. do not presume to tell me what is or isn't interesting to me or who or whom is or isn't spend time thinking about why this is or isn't for you.
    Wow. Nothing in my response deserved this kind of reply, but I will place you on ignore so you don’t need to worry about it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Ah, thanks. Ben seems to have a lot of troubles. He and Havok should become friends.

Wow. Nothing in my response deserved this kind of reply, but I will place you on ignore so you don’t need to worry about it in the future.
    Thank you, i appreciate it.

Just to be a little more clear, because i don't want to have anyone's feelings hurt but someone telling me what is or isn't for me is an automatic no from me, even if it is from a good or kind place, the energy behind it is unwelcoming to me personally. I don't need someone to ascribe emotions or thoughts to what i say or feel as i am more than capable of doing it myself and pretty transparent in what it is i want to say so it may not have been your intent but the only way i could interpret it at the time is condescending because i don't know you and you don't know me to any level in which you can speak on behalf of what is or isn't for me. so hope that helps if this is before ignore kicks in but yeah i'm cool and do appreciate the ignoring rather than any potential conflict.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-09-2022 at 05:30 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post

That would be interesting. Living in the shadow of an older brother (even though Ben is Peter's clone) and developing an inferiority complex over it, not to mention both of them having fallen in with Madelyne Pryor . . . that could give them something to talk about if or when they're not fighting each other.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was always a selfish and dumb idea for her to hand over Limbo to Maddie, someone who vowed to raise a demon army to burn Krakoa to the ground
    What’s even more stupid is that one of the stipulations of their magical pact was that she couldn’t harm Krakoa. She didn’t say anything about the rest of the world.

BANNED

It was always a selfish and dumb idea for her to hand over Limbo to Maddie, someone who vowed to raise a demon army to burn Krakoa to the ground
    Magik achieved her goals. Krakoa is safe due to the contract.

Other places not so much. Plus Magik knew Maddie wasn’t going to immediately become Glenda, the good witch of the North.

Think this need to be posted here.https://waitingforthet.tumblr.com/po...nesdays-comics

Funny is how certain aspects of Spiderman and X-men are so close and quite similar

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Think this need to be posted here.https://waitingforthet.tumblr.com/po...nesdays-comics

Funny is how certain aspects of Spiderman and X-men are so close and quite similar
    LOL! That's good.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Magik achieved her goals. Krakoa is safe due to the contract.

Other places not so much. Plus Magik knew Maddie wasn’t going to immediately become Glenda, the good witch of the North.
    it was still a stupid decision which is why its a mess that Magik must now help clean up

Morals of this story...
    >You can't run from everything that's hurt you; some things will be with you forever. Own your trauma, Illyana, especially when you're the only one who can truly be trusted to keep said trauma from destroying *everything*.
    >You can't trust someone just because they've been through Hell, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Morals of this story...
    >You can't run from everything that's hurt you; some things will be with you forever. Own your trauma, Illyana, especially when you're the only one who can truly be trusted to keep said trauma from destroying *everything*.
    This sounds very true, not just for Illyana, but for most heroes, a lot of time in order to move on from traumatic events they essentially run away from problem or drop it on someone else(real reason is the authors want to move to next story without being hindered by leftovers of previous ones I suppose). Thye all did at some point and always come back to bite them( oh the clone must have been killed, oh surely this murdering technology I created will never resurface, oh surely that demonic being I sealed in astral plane will never get out ).
    And the second part is inherently true. Just because you experienced hell, suffered a lot and deserve pity, does not mean you atuatically are a good decent person. And just because you suffered is not a justification to make anybody suffer as if not krie than you did. But curiously this aspect in fiction is often glossed over.

This looks like it's going to be a bit too repetitive for my tastes... I mean, this looks like Inferno all over again, minus baby Cable...

I wonder if the writer remembers that Ben Spiderman and Firestar have previous. They were both in the new warriors together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Morals of this story...
    Being the sorceress supreme of Limbo is a full time job. Queen Illyana was able to manifest only because Magik has been so busy with her Krakoan duties, not to mention the Strange Academy.

She has a point. She doesn’t have to be permanently changed to Limbo just because a demonic pedophile brought her there.

BANNED

it was still a stupid decision which is why its a mess that Magik must now help clean up
    She knew something like this would happen. And has provisions for it.

Big deal anyway. I will enjoy Dark Web.

BANNED

Here’s the deal.

The actual Magik limited series had deep themes of pedophilia, human trafficking, and abuse. I think current Marvel editors thought want permanently making Illyana sorceress supreme of Limbo means. It declares a sexual assault survivor permanently tainted. Limbo existed before Illyana was born. There is no natural law says she must rule it. So they had Magik give the throne of Limbo to Madelyne Pryor, and to use to make the Goblin Queen a major villain like she should be.