Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was always a selfish and dumb idea for her to hand over Limbo to Maddie, someone who vowed to raise a demon army to burn Krakoa to the ground
    It'll make her look even worse considering when everyone else was telling her "Magik don't do this", her reply was basically "Why don't y'all trust me?"

(New Mutants#25 vol 4)

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    That's right up there with Doug giving Moira a TO arm.
    Why Mystique could track down that arm when Cipher specifically didn't want Moira to be killed byt Mystique is beyond me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Lets hope this event will be over soon and we can go back to pretending that Chasm doesn’t exist.
    Why wait? You can do that now .

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I didn’t know he existed before this. Another Venom variant?
    More or less lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    What’s even more stupid is that one of the stipulations of their magical pact was that she couldn’t harm Krakoa. She didn’t say anything about the rest of the world.
    Honestly, I get the feeling that if Magik specified the rest of the world can't be attacked, then Madelyne would try to become an universal threat lol.

Also I'm wondering, if Madelyne kills someone, would Quiet Council even consider to throw her at the Pit? 'Cause doing that with the queen of Limbo would be a terrible idea, even by Krakoa's terrible ideas lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Think this need to be posted here.https://waitingforthet.tumblr.com/po...nesdays-comics

Funny is how certain aspects of Spiderman and X-men are so close and quite similar
    I find it specially amusing how Madelyne was killed off because editorial didn't care about her much just because she was a clone, and then years later, the same damn thing is done with Ben lol.

It's actually a bit weird that despite both being the biggest franchises at Marvel for a long time, and how in theory they could relate to each other better than anyone else, they barely get to interact, Dark Web is like what, the third crossover even Spidey gets involved with 'em? Might be the first one he actually gets to do something, and Spidey also barely talks with anyone who isn't Wolverine...

And the second part is inherently true. Just because you experienced hell, suffered a lot and deserve pity, does not mean you atuatically are a good decent person. And just because you suffered is not a justification to make anybody suffer as if not krie than you did. But curiously this aspect in fiction is often glossed over.
    Fiction likes to romanticize tragic stories, it's why so many stories are basically "I was sad once, that's it's okay for me to fuck the planet", and the story may or may not point out that the character is an evil piece of shit who shouldn't have any sympathy for killing people just because they use a sad background story as an excuse lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Think this need to be posted here.https://waitingforthet.tumblr.com/po...nesdays-comics

Funny is how certain aspects of Spiderman and X-men are so close and quite similar
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    LOL! That's good.
    Sure is.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Morals of this story...
    >You can't run from everything that's hurt you; some things will be with you forever. Own your trauma, Illyana, especially when you're the only one who can truly be trusted to keep said trauma from destroying *everything*.
    >You can't trust someone just because they've been through Hell, too.
    This sounds very true, not just for Illyana, but for most heroes, a lot of time in order to move on from traumatic events they essentially run away from problem or drop it on someone else(real reason is the authors want to move to next story without being hindered by leftovers of previous ones I suppose). Thye all did at some point and always come back to bite them( oh the clone must have been killed, oh surely this murdering technology I created will never resurface, oh surely that demonic being I sealed in astral plane will never get out ).
    And the second part is inherently true. Just because you experienced hell, suffered a lot and deserve pity, does not mean you atuatically are a good decent person. And just because you suffered is not a justification to make anybody suffer as if not krie than you did. But curiously this aspect in fiction is often glossed over.
    Good points, especially the latter. Hell, TV Tropes more recently has a turn of phrase for the second point. Namely, "Freudian Excuse Is No Excuse," usually (and particularly) invoked whenever someone tries to use their past tragedy, hardship, or misery as justification for crossing what TV Tropes has since dubbed the "Moral Event Horizon," an evil act that renders the character committing it forever beyond (any hope of) redemption, at least in the eyes of (much of) the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I wonder if the writer remembers that Ben Spiderman and Firestar have previous. They were both in the new warriors together.
    Would be a shame if that wasn't addressed, particularly since the New Warriors back in the 90s were folded under the Spider-Man umbrella in general.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Here’s the deal.

The actual Magik limited series had deep themes of pedophilia, human trafficking, and abuse. I think current Marvel editors thought want permanently making Illyana sorceress supreme of Limbo means. It declares a sexual assault survivor permanently tainted. Limbo existed before Illyana was born. There is no natural law says she must rule it. So they had Magik give the throne of Limbo to Madelyne Pryor, and to use to make the Goblin Queen a major villain like she should be.
    A pretty good point there as well, come to think of it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Wink

Sweet ignorant Magik.

More X-Men storylines for us I guess.

Extraordinary Member

Assuming Marvel's not pulling another bait-and-switch like they did with Labors of Magik where all the advertising made it look like Maddie would be the villain when she wasn't, then this is a classic case of two writers being on completely different pages. Vita had a specific idea about Illyana and Madelyn healing and Wells heard it and decided he could make some drama out of Goblin Queen ruling Limbo. Given the circular nature of comics it was bound to happen sooner or later, but it is surprising it's happening right away instead of giving it any time. In comics Limbo and Magik will be linked forever, and if she was genre-savy she'd have realized that.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Assuming Marvel's not pulling another bait-and-switch like they did with Labors of Magik where all the advertising made it look like Maddie would be the villain when she wasn't, then this is a classic case of two writers being on completely different pages. Vita had a specific idea about Illyana and Madelyn healing and Wells heard it and decided he could make some drama out of Goblin Queen ruling Limbo. Given the circular nature of comics it was bound to happen sooner or later, but it is surprising it's happening right away instead of giving it any time. In comics Limbo and Magik will be linked forever, and if she was genre-savy she'd have realized that.
    The only thing I can think of that could sort of make it make sense to me is if someone was waiting in the shadows for Illyana to hand over Limbo, then pounced on and corrupted Madelyn. That would still suck for Madelyn's character but maybe.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Even in comics, nothing lasts forever. Xavier is out of his wheelchair, Wolverine has a family, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The only thing I can think of that could sort of make it make sense to me is if someone was waiting in the shadows for Illyana to hand over Limbo, then pounced on and corrupted Madelyn. That would still suck for Madelyn's character but maybe.
    Not even. The fact Magik had to put a contract to stop Madelyne meant she knew Maddie would attack Krakoa if she had the opportunity. Meaning she didn’t think Madelyne wax Glenda the good witch.

I think a reason Vira received approval for the transference is because we can get a lot of good stories with Madelyne as the sorceress supreme of Limbo. Good villain stories. Limbo was entirely in the background for most of the Krakoa era until this

BANNED

That Madelyne teamed up with Ben Reilly makes me think she is making a string statement at clones. When she was resurrected and was in her good Madelyne outfit, she was happy that the QC said she could stay until Havok told her he had them brought back. She wanted to be invited or brought back as a person in her own right. After she realized she wasn’t, she looked in the mirror at herself and saw the Goblin Queen.

I think the QC still has its ban against clone resurrections. The Five resurrected Gabby without the QC approval.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 09-11-2022 at 01:35 PM.

That Madelyne teamed up with Ben Reilly makes me think she is making a string statement at clones. When she was resurrected and was in her good Madelyne outfit, she was happy that the QC said she could stay until Havok told her he had them brought back. She wanted to be invited or brought back as a person in her own right. After she realized she wasn’t, she looked in the mirror at herself and saw the Goblin Queen.

I think the QC still has its ban against clone resurrections. The Five resurrected Gabby without the QC approval.
    That's very interesting and makes a lot of sense.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That would make sense, and yeah, given the raw deal Ben Reilly got, her motivation for teaming up with him could well be her way of making a stand for clone solidarity and clone rights, even if her actions in the past were incredibly horrific, to say the least.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Same characters over and over again in pointless tie-ins, crossovers, and events.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would make sense, and yeah, given the raw deal Ben Reilly got, her motivation for teaming up with him could well be her way of making a stand for clone solidarity and clone rights, even if her actions in the past were incredibly horrific, to say the least.
    Maybe she'll make her own Krakoa in Limbo, but for clones only .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

From this week's X-Men Monday:

AIPT: OK, back to the X-Fan questions — Max wants to know what we can eXpect from the upcoming “Dark Web” event.

Jordan: Great question. So we saw in the Free Comic Book Day issue that it has Ben Reilly and Madelyne Pryor working together to sort of ends that are currently unrevealed. Zeb Wells, who wrote Hellions for us delightfully, brought back Madelyne. You may remember from previous discussions in X-Men Monday that he brought back Madelyne against my wishes! [Laughs] I’m kidding. I was like, “Really?” And he was like, “Yeah, here’s the story.” And he convinced me this was a great idea. It was a really good story and he wrote her so well and made her so compelling. Since then, she’s appeared in New Mutants where she and Magik came to terms and she became the leader of Limbo, freeing Magik of that burden and putting it on Madelyne.

The hope was that would help her — we’ll see how much that did help her as a character. Zeb is obviously writing Amazing Spider-Man where he just did a big thing about Ben Reilly, turning Ben into the villainous Chasm by having him lose all the formative memories that make Peter Parker the hero that he is. So now, Ben is this kind of broken and empty individual who is compelled by revenge. And he has reached out to Madelyne and they’re bonding over some of their feelings about those things.

Obviously, Madelyne remembers what was done to her, but she hasn’t had the chance to deal directly with some of the bad feelings she has. And I think we’ve talked about this before as well. Since Madelyne came back after “Inferno” way back when, Jean was dead. So she never really had any direct conflicts with Jean. And then, when Zeb wrote Hellions, he didn’t really bring Jean into it — that wasn’t the direction he wanted that story to go. Well, I can say you’re going to see those two characters together in “Dark Web” for sure, because Jean is obviously one of the leaders of the current X-Men team.
    Last edited by JB; 09-12-2022 at 05:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm glad we got confirmation on that - when was the last time Madelyne interacted with Jean? I believe it must have been X-Man #25 in the mid-90s? A Maddie-Jean heart to heart is long overdue, along with a Maddie-Scott and a Maddie-Nathan too.

BANNED

Jean catfighting someone's ex again?

Oh my so compelling.