Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cobra Kai- Main Cast VS Jason Bourne

Daniel, Johnny, Chouzen, Terry

VS

Jason Bourne

R1- No weapons. In regular clothes.

R2- Bourne gets two pens and a stapler.

So, a fight between a bunch of middle-aged to outright senior citizens?
    I'd give it to Chouzen. He's already beaten an entire group of black belts, keeps in shape, and his main thing seems to be martial arts. Whereas Daniel has been a car salesman, Johnny a semi-functioning alcoholic, and Terry simply physically past his prime (but still able to beat up kids).

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, a fight between a bunch of middle-aged to outright senior citizens?
    I'd give it to Chouzen. He's already beaten an entire group of black belts, keeps in shape, and his main thing seems to be martial arts. Whereas Daniel has been a car salesman, Johnny a semi-functioning alcoholic, and Terry simply physically past his prime (but still able to beat up kids).
    Hum, actually, those people are teaming up against Jason Bourne. Disclaimer: I didn't watch either the Bourne movies or Cobra Kai, only videos and respect threads here and there.

Jason is fitter, likely more durable. However, from what I have seen, Miyagi-Do has been shown to have pressure points techniques, and Chozen has a somewhat nice feat where he defeats 5 senseis at once. Team Cobra Kai may actually take the hand-to-hand fight. At the very least, it's less of a stomp than that one time they were pitted against Netflix Daredevil.

With pens, I'd give it to Bourne, he should be able to disable all of these middle-aged guys with some difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Hum, actually, those people are teaming up against Jason Bourne. Disclaimer: I didn't watch either the Bourne movies or Cobra Kai, only videos and respect threads here and there.

Jason is fitter, likely more durable. However, from what I have seen, Miyagi-Do has been shown to have pressure points techniques, and Chozen has a somewhat nice feat where he defeats 5 senseis at once. Team Cobra Kai may actually take the hand-to-hand fight. At the very least, it's less of a stomp than that one time they were pitted against Netflix Daredevil.

With pens, I'd give it to Bourne, he should be able to disable all of these middle-aged guys with some difficulty.
    Yeah, just finished binging Cobra Kai 5 last night. Chozen is very technically skilled, having a leg up on Daniel in that regard. But Johnny was getting ganged up on by 5-6 sensei's (including ones from Korea that were far better than the first group), and when he thought about his family after taking a beating (but giving as good as he got), he was able to beat the **** out of them. No other words for it. Plus, when he's half drunk, he's like a wall. He can take a lot of hits before he goes down. And these foes were not only in their prime, but some even used actual weapons like a katana.

Mighty Member

Yeah, just finished binging Cobra Kai 5 last night. Chozen is very technically skilled, having a leg up on Daniel in that regard. But Johnny was getting ganged up on by 5-6 sensei's (including ones from Korea that were far better than the first group), and when he thought about his family after taking a beating (but giving as good as he got), he was able to beat the **** out of them. No other words for it. Plus, when he's half drunk, he's like a wall. He can take a lot of hits before he goes down. And these foes were not only in their prime, but some even used actual weapons like a katana.
    The issue is that none of the senseis have any feats beyond getting beaten on by the main cast (though one of the Korean senseis got his Worf-factor moment where he matched two of them, only later to be taken down by Johnny when it was one on five). Bourne has tons of feats against trained assassins, soldiers, policemen, marines, etc. including other Treadstone/Blackbriar agents who are supposed to be on his level. I don't know if he can overcome 4-on-1, but Bourne should beat any of them one at a time. They also don't have much in the way of quadruple teaming feats, so he may be able to isolate them.

Daniel has a feat in season 5 where he punches a polar in a house, like Bane in the TDKR, but his knuckles get bloody. That seems like a decent striking feat.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I don't think any of them can hit Bourne, and none of them can take his shot when he gets serious. Even just from the last film, when he's doing silly bare-knuckle fights to live on cash, he one-shots anyone when he stops playing around. Some of this is obviously just much better choreography and training in big budget action films versus a campy but awesome YouTube/Netflix drama, but Bourne is vastly superior visibly to all of those guys.

Also, for soak, Bourne walks off gunshots and getting launched through tables and walls on multiple occasions - it's going to be really hard to slow him down.

Let's say the gang of them, despite no feats of fighting well with others, may beat Bourne a few out of 10 just because they are meant to be skilled and have some interesting feats, but there is no chance in hell they beat him armed with anything. Dish towel? Far too much. He's just stupidly good with improvised weapons.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Tori can hit this hard: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pb4xbqkGdq0

And Daniel hits this hard: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0GLlF5PDFk4

And Chouzen beat 4 black belts at the same time. Daniel and Chouzen can also both use pressure points to stun Bourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post

And Chouzen beat 4 black belts at the same time. Daniel and Chouzen can also both use pressure points to stun Bourne.
    And later on, Johnny has to basically face off with 6 or so black belts because Chouzen is dueling Silver and Mike got knocked out early on. Though Johnny takes a beating, he ends up beating almost all of them on his own (or at least doing a good number on them) until the weapons come into play and he is nearly killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post

The issues with those "feats":

Tori hits little kids with a few months max of training and doesn't one-shot them. She does this a LOT. She simply lacks anything remotely approaching "bends steel" levels of hitting power outside of that one miss. That's basically the definition of SMvFL.

Danny, Johnny and basically all of the senseis on the show lack the hitting power to KO featless mooks. Bourne decidedly does not. Bourne OSKOs police officiers, soldiers, etc., consistently. He OSKO's huge fit evidently experienced bare-knuckled adult fighters. And he handles numerous Treadstone/Blackbriar agents who are explicitly roughly on his level, typically after already facing a ridiculous gauntlet just to get to the boss fight or using an improvised weapon (dish towel, pen, book, magazine) against their actual weapons (generally knives).

Even the "regular" fighters in Bourne movies are visibly faster and in clearly superior physical condition to even the senseis in CK, who are soft and doughy.

Chouzen had the advantage that his foes followed the time-honored tactic of attacking one at a time, up until the last two, who actually did position themselves well to attack at once, but there, he did the tactically perfect move of closing the distance to one and therefore dictating the conflict.

I don't really understand how one can have watched Cobra Kai (which I adore! I've basically binge-watched each of the seasons the day they came out over the years, I'm just honest about the fighters and the fighting) and all of the Bourne films and somehow decide that the CK folks would do anything except wake up in the hospital after fighting Bourne. The dude is a wrecking crew against normal or normal-ish people, and the CK guys are definitely that, on top of all of them being significantly older.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

And later on, Johnny has to basically face off with 6 or so black belts because Chouzen is dueling Silver and Mike got knocked out early on. Though Johnny takes a beating, he ends up beating almost all of them on his own (or at least doing a good number on them) until the weapons come into play and he is nearly killed.
    Those guys are not all that far from useless, though. One of them lost a point fight to two barely-trained students who weren't remotely capable of cooperating.

Daniel and Chouzen need to hit Bourne for those pressure points to work, and they aren't going to stay conscious long enough to do so. He's not going to let them hit him.

Those pressure points are also proven significantly less useful when used in actual fights: Johnny and Silver both shake off the effects of them basically instantly when they are hit with them. Bourne is massively tougher than either of them, on top of his silly edge in speed and skill and striking force.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Out of curiosity, what's the maximum number of highly trained black ops assassins trying to openly murder him that Bourne has fought at one time?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Out of curiosity, what's the maximum number of highly trained black ops assassins trying to openly murder him that Bourne has fought at one time?
    He goes through teams of black ops people ("normal" Blackbriar, Treadstone, CIA agents), cops and soldiers pretty regularly. He mostly takes out one- to four-man units in any given moment, and generally takes them out with one-shots. He's "pretty good" at movement and dictating where he fights his foes.

As for the elite, Bourne-level, Treadstone/Blackbriar "assets", that's generally one-on-one. There simply aren't that many of those guys. In his engagements with dudes on that level, he winds up in fisticuffs maybe five or six times, always when they are better armed and in better physical condition (he's generally running on no sleep, from combat to combat, with car chases, car wrecks, multi-story falls and god knows whatever else in between), and he wins each time. He doesn't ever fight the asset on the roof of the Treadstone facility, and he takes out the asset in the farm field in France with a gun.

All of the CIA, Treadstone and Blackbriar agents, elite or "normal" are always trying to murder him on sight. Many of the soldiers and police are as well, being told that he's an extreme threat.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The issues with those "feats":

Tori hits little kids with a few months max of training and doesn't one-shot them. She does this a LOT. She simply lacks anything remotely approaching "bends steel" levels of hitting power outside of that one miss. That's basically the definition of SMvFL.

Danny, Johnny and basically all of the senseis on the show lack the hitting power to KO featless mooks. Bourne decidedly does not. Bourne OSKOs police officiers, soldiers, etc., consistently. He OSKO's huge fit evidently experienced bare-knuckled adult fighters. And he handles numerous Treadstone/Blackbriar agents who are explicitly roughly on his level, typically after already facing a ridiculous gauntlet just to get to the boss fight or using an improvised weapon (dish towel, pen, book, magazine) against their actual weapons (generally knives).

Even the "regular" fighters in Bourne movies are visibly faster and in clearly superior physical condition to even the senseis in CK, who are soft and doughy.

Chouzen had the advantage that his foes followed the time-honored tactic of attacking one at a time, up until the last two, who actually did position themselves well to attack at once, but there, he did the tactically perfect move of closing the distance to one and therefore dictating the conflict.

I don't really understand how one can have watched Cobra Kai (which I adore! I've basically binge-watched each of the seasons the day they came out over the years, I'm just honest about the fighters and the fighting) and all of the Bourne films and somehow decide that the CK folks would do anything except wake up in the hospital after fighting Bourne. The dude is a wrecking crew against normal or normal-ish people, and the CK guys are definitely that, on top of all of them being significantly older.
    Tory improved season after season. Season 5 Silva Training in Cobra Kai facilities explicitly focused on maximizing hitting power. Season 5 Tory is unlike any other…and that strike she threw is the only one in season 5 where She wasn’t holding back to due doubting herself. It’s not SFVL. This is Karate Kid-verse where Miyagi existed. Being able to do that is entirely within the realm of possibility.

Chouzen one shotted a bunch of people. It doesn’t really matter how the fight choreography failed to perfectly portray multiple attackers using team work when we see that done multiple other times on the show. Like where Robbie is being triple team in the Silva’s dojo and losing. Robbie can be trivally handled by his dad. Guys like Chouzen and Johnny can indeed fight multiple attackers at once.

All the Sensei showed/implied they could handle two on 1 cobra Kai students fighting them at once. And Cobra Kai student can handle multiple attackers in some instances.

Silva also didn’t instantly recover from the pressure point strike. He stumbled, got up, got a sword, some words exchanged, and they went outside. He seemed to still even being limping then. The point of the pressure point is to stun Bourne for an instance so everyone else can get in their licks.

1 on 1 Bourne beats any of them as he’s a bit faster and tangier. 4 on 1…with two of these guys using tram work…won’t be a walk in the park.