Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Invasion

I feel like they want you to think they have the pacing of a slow-burn that slowly escalates and gets more dangerous and exciting as it goes along only each episode generally has the same pacing.

Also I guess the one thing the Skrulls have over the Flag-Smashers is they're not trying to act like they're not terrorists. Even though they're still very thin antagonists.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    I don't think all of the security detail are supposed to be Skrulls. I think it's just supposed to be Rhodey, and it's just sloppy writing.
    I found it funny how the security guy with the arm sling is still working and not taking time off due to his injury. How effective is he?

Also thought it was weird how it's The POTUS but only three medical staff taking him to emergency. I know it's supposed to be secretive but only three for the most 'Important' person in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Is this over yet?
    Yes. The good guys won.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like they want you to think they have the pacing of a slow-burn that slowly escalates and gets more dangerous and exciting as it goes along only each episode generally has the same pacing.

Also I guess the one thing the Skrulls have over the Flag-Smashers is they're not trying to act like they're not terrorists. Even though they're still very thin antagonists.
    I find this series much more entertaining than FaTWS.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I found it funny how the security guy with the arm sling is still working and not taking time off due to his injury. How effective is he?
    well, when you are in the inner circle you don't have replicable parts as easily...You keep those you know close even if they are not 100%...

Incredible Member

My problems with the newest episode;
    The Skrulls sent to kill Priscilla had red blood. It got sprayed everywhere and was definitely red, not purple.
    All the Avenger DNA was mixed up into one vial? How will that work? Maybe it's an anti-skrull formula, keeps them from shapeshifting or something.
    Sounds perfect.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    The Skrulls sent to kill Priscilla had red blood. It got sprayed everywhere and was definitely red, not purple.
    All the Avenger DNA was mixed up into one vial? How will that work? Maybe it's an anti-skrull formula, keeps them from shapeshifting or something.
    That would actually make a lot of sense. It would be just like the Fury we've seen over these last 15 years to cook up a bio-weapon as a safeguard against his own assets, just in case, and to resist using it until there was no other way. It begs the question of what else he might have lying around for the likes of Captain Marvel, the Hulk, and Thor.

One way or another, we'll know soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yes. The good guys won.

I find this series much more entertaining than FaTWS.
    Good I can start watching.

Well that would make sense. We know that Gravik and his merry band are not the most subtle of individuals. They are hammers who see everything around them as nails. And they firmly believe that humans are stupid and can be easily manipulated into believing anything. Which to me, represents the pride that go-eth before a fall. Whatever Fury has in mind, its going to be a surprise to the Bad Skrull League.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

I recently caught up on this. I wanted to like it, the premise is interesting, but the dumb plot holes keep sticking out. It’s probably been mentioned in this thread already, but why do the skulls even think fury can find them a planet when they know far more about space and space travel than him? Heck, since a million of them came to earth during the blip, they probably have more spaceships than he did too. Carol I could see them being a bit more upset with, because she can fly in space and look for planets, but seriously, it’s kind of a big thing they are asking for, a new planet for crying out loud.

And everything everyone mentioned about the attack on the president and no guards, etc… and isn’t anyone suspicious that Rhodes didn’t suit up in the attack? Would one of the reasons for hiring war machine be so that he could ‘war machine’ out when needed?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    That would actually make a lot of sense. It would be just like the Fury we've seen over these last 15 years to cook up a bio-weapon as a safeguard against his own assets, just in case, and to resist using it until there was no other way. It begs the question of what else he might have lying around for the likes of Captain Marvel, the Hulk, and Thor.

One way or another, we'll know soon.
    That would be pretty clever, but this show has been surprisingly straightforward in some respects so I'll be surprised if it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    I don't think all of the security detail are supposed to be Skrulls. I think it's just supposed to be Rhodey, and it's just sloppy writing.

Kind of like how someone mentioned -- what would be the point of having Rhodey along with the president, but he doesn't have his armor with him? Why?

For any kind of internal story logic, he should have needed to armor up and fight to protect the president, or at least get knocked out or something right at the start, preventing him from doing so. Nobody even seems to expect him to have the armor though.

Come to think of it, why doesn't Skrull Rhodey have the armor, besides that it's just not written into the story?

Like I said, sloppy writing. But eh, still wouldn't say this is the worst of the D+ MCU shows. For me so far, that would be What If. And like someone else said, I do appreciate that all the shows are clearly meant to have their own feel. I appreciate the spy/noir tone in Secret Invasion, even if the writing is not the most on point.
    having rewatched the scene, that guy is blatantly a skrull, 100% look at how fury and that guy look at each other. That head tilt, he's a skrull.

So has Rhodey been a skrull since Civil War?

& If so can Michael Pena's Luis come by and explain to him everything that's happened since?

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Just unbelievable! I have no words

Oh well. I had a little bit of hope they'd do something exciting for the finale, but no... not really. Pedestrian plotting just doomed this series all the way through. It's a shame, because as others have said the talent on this show is phenomenal and at least they all got a few good scenes in the show. It's unfortunate those individual scenes were hung on a lackluster spy "thriller." I can't help but think of a show like "24" that just felt so much bigger on a tv budget and even if there were plot holes aplenty, it moved so fast and had one exciting moment after another that it felt like it was building towards something and you barely had time to notice until it was over. But you were still glad for the ride. "SI" is not that.

- On a more specific note, it makes zero sense to me that Fury and his wife never had the "are you in love with me or the human face?" conversation before getting married. You'd think it might come up - especially during intimate times.
    - I don't want to think Rhodey was replaced right after his injuries. It's an easy workaround that he was taken at another time when he didn't have his braces or something. (we're just going to have to assume those stasis "pods" (despite being open-air) protected them from the radiation I guess) Mostly because I don't think it makes sense for the Skrulls to have replaced him way back then. If they had malicious intent that far back, wtf have they been doing this whole time? It falls apart the further back in time they want to imply that the "rebel Skrulls" have been plotting. It's like the writers thought it would be a cool reveal without thinking it through.
    - The "Harvest" sound idiotic when they say Gravik and his team swept the battleground for Avengers DNA. There must've been so much blood etc on that battlefield - how could they tell what was what? Wouldn't it have just made more sense to Fury to gather their DNA from the compound when most of them were all living there? Or are we supposed to think Fury didn't even have the idea until after Endgame?
    - How did the "vigilantes" know that conservative commentator guy was a Skrull before he himself knew that the original human had been rescued and that his cover was blown? How did they know before the authorities could even move on him?
    - So G'iah was walking around as the most powerful person on the planet now? I'm sure she'll be used well and to full effect in the future...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-26-2023 at 05:17 AM.

Overall I thought the series was okay. IMO it needed a another two episodes to better go into depth the characters and their motivations and their infiltration of government.

I took it that the commentator on tv killed was done by the President as an excuse to show the world the skrull story was true and get political and public opinion behind his plan to declare all aliens enemies combatants.

As for the Blood I think Shield or the Skulls probably had tech to find meta blood vs regular human blood. Also getting blood from the Avengers might have not been easy given their mistrust of Shield even in Avengers 2012.