Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah, the more they show that scene where Fury asked them to keep his home safe and he'd find them one, made it completely transactional and just plain distasteful. These are refugees with little to no options and rather than take them in, he put them to work. It'd be one thing if Talos and a few others joined along the way just to contribute, but Fury made it a quid pro quo. (and Talos enabled it)

Question: what the heck was Gravik's plan? He almost got himself killed by agreeing to meet at the base that he just painted a big target on. You think he'd at least tell Skrodey to wait until he got the Harvest and the powers and was clear of the blast radius. There was no way he'd know how long it would take for him to acquire his powers or for Skrodey to convince the President to launch the missile.
    There's also another issue this series hopes the viewers don't realize. The Skrulls are living in abandoned radioactive land so I'm assuming this is the Exclusion Zone which while was once Soviet is in Ukraine now so I don't see how bombing it starts a war with Russia hell given the current political climate Russa might thank the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Now that they'll both be in England, will Super Skrull G'iah run into the Black Knight?
    Why not he's not gonna be in Blade now so...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Speaking of... Shouldnt the populace of the planet and the President in particular be less knee jerk about aliens now? He must have authorized the Asgardians haven.
    Any given President of the US might *think* he gets any vote in authorizing an Asgardian haven in Scandinavia, but he'd be wrong.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Any given President of the US might *think* he gets any vote in authorizing an Asgardian haven in Scandinavia, but he'd be wrong.
    Well we just saw him authorize all "aliens" murdered worldwide so he thinks he can find them and kill them anywhere

Incredible Member

Well, that was a whole lot of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    I was also hoping the Maria Hill death was a fakeout, but appears not. Will miss that character.
    I was hoping there'd be an end credit scene with Maria waking up on a lab table and the camera pulls back to reveal... Phil Coulson. "Welcome back, let me get you up to speed."
    Sounds perfect.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

The only shocking twist in this entire show was that decision that the president made. I was legit shocked by that, like wow wtf. Still doesn't point to how we eventually get Ross as the new MCU president.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Y'know for a show where Nick Fury is ostensibly the main character it feels like he mostly just meandered through the plot, basically being called out as being callous, ineffectual, and old, and basically stepped to the side so the female characters can do all the cool stuff.

I feel like they had a good bead on making Gravik a compelling and memorable villain but they dropped the ball by just barely doing anything with him until his rant and not really addressing his legitimate grievances against Fury by having him not even interact with the real Fury. Like Gi'ah would probably have agreed with him if he hadn't killed her parents, but it still feels like both Fury and Carol really dropped the ball with the Skrull and Fury just used them with no expectation he'd ever deliver or find them a proper home which seems like it should be a lot easier than the characters act.

Now that I think about it, would grabbing Carol's blood even give you her powers? I don't think that's actually how it works. If it were so easy to take Carol's powers wouldn't the Kree have done that already? I don't think her powers effected her genetics that much.

The Super Skrulls on this show are way too overpowered without a very significant weakness. Like right now Gi'ah should be one of the most powerful beings in the universe, stronger than even Carol maybe, and I'm not sure they're prepared to address that.

I love how Gravik has the decency to use his Skrull form during the final fight but Gi'ah had to use her human form because this turned into an Emilia Clarke vehicle and we need to see her at all times. For someone whose entire motivation was apparently finding a place for the Skrulls to be themselves she sure seemed to not want to use her Skrull form.

Ah yes, it wouldn't be a Disney+ Marvel show if it didn't end in a big Superhero slugfest with dubious CG. On the one hand I can't deny the entertainment value of Super Skrull vs Super Skrull and yet I'm not sure if the show earned it, especially when it was a pretty mediocre spy/espionage show.

This show did not have a very positive portrayal of the Secret Service.

There's no way Rhodey was replaced before Endgame. If Skrull Rhodey had access to the War Machine suit the story would be incredibly different. But hey, the real Ross!

Why is Priscilla acting like the onus is on Fury to accept her when she admitted she basically catered her human identity and form to seduce him? And her Skrull name never came up in the entire time they were married? Also apparently she's this great mediator and has had a lot of work on Earth despite the fact that we've seen...none of that?

Of course the two British ladies team-up, but was "love" and "affection" really the problem between Fury and Talos? Because Talos cut Fury too much slack because of their friendship? Basically just says Fury and Talos were failures, and Talos died for nothing. I guess a relationship where people admit they're mutually using each other for their own benefit is for the best.

Why didn't they just shoot Skrull Rhodey and be done with it? Worried the president had a very itchy trigger finger? I guess at least Fury shot Skrull Rhodey.

So the president went from just whining all the time, to whining in bed, to being all "let's kick out and kill all aliens." And we're not going to properly unpack him because he'll be replaced by Ross soon.

I was half-expecting a reveal that the real Gravik had replaced the President but I don't think he would purge Skrulls like this. Or maybe he would, I dunno. Gravik wasn't that consistent a character.

It really goes to show how screwed the Skrulls are that they have to rely on the Kree, the race that was planning to wipe them out of existence, for help.

No post-credit scene? I guess they're running out of ideas or material for those.

They kinda ran out of ideas way back in shehulk...

Well I was satisfied with the show, it was very entertaining and I don't care to even nitpick it. It doesn't seem like it will lead into much for the Marvels movie, based on the trailer. I'm sure the movie will mention of the Skrull-Kree negotiations, but all of that is going to happen off screen and a new status quo without tons of Skrulls around on earth will just become the unspoken norm. What the show mainly does is allow Skrull use in the future, as good guys or bad guys, which I am fine with. Now you can get a guy like Hulkling, without doing much intro.

But what really excites me is that Great Britain is finally getting involved in the MCU, which means potentially a world of characters from those stories that I have longed to see forever. Won't happen right away, of course, but wouldn't it be cool to get a Union Jack vampire special for one of these Halloweens? Ms. Marvel could have been a similar gateway to more muslim heroes and eastern mythology in Marvel, but instead it just kind of flopped out and all we seem to be getting out of it is that silly bracelet as a McGuffin for one movie.

All of these MCU shows do the same thing - tread water and have irrelevant drama until the final episode wrap up. I would think people would be used to it by now. I certainly am, and its easy to consume them knowing thats what they are doing. Glad they switched early on to the six episode format, rather than keeping the nine episodes of a Wanda Vision. All Wanda Vision did with the extra time is tread water, tease and troll, tease and troll.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 07-26-2023 at 09:18 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well I was satisfied with the show, it was very entertaining and I don't care to even nitpick it. It doesn't seem like it will lead into much for the Marvels movie, based on the trailer. I'm sure the movie will mention of the Skrull-Kree negotiations, but all of that is going to happen off screen and a new status quo without tons of Skrulls around on earth will just become the unspoken norm. What the show mainly does is allow Skrull use in the future, as good guys or bad guys, which I am fine with. Now you can get a guy like Hulkling, without doing much intro.

But what really excites me is that Great Britain is finally getting involved in the MCU, which means potentially a world of characters from those stories that I have longed to see forever. Won't happen right away, of course, but wouldn't it be cool to get a Union Jack vampire special for one of these Halloweens? Ms. Marvel could have been a similar gateway to more muslim heroes and eastern mythology in Marvel, but instead it just kind of flopped out and all we seem to be getting out of it is that silly bracelet as a McGuffin for one movie.

All of these MCU shows do the same thing - tread water and have irrelevant drama until the final episode wrap up. I would think people would be used to it by now. I certainly am, and its easy to consume them knowing thats what they are doing. Glad they switched early on to the six episode format, rather than keeping the nine episodes of a Wanda Vision. All Wanda Vision did with the extra time is tread water, tease and troll, tease and troll.
    I'd hope someone would talk to Carol about why she dropped the ball with the Skrulls...but probably not.

Astonishing Member

The skrulls should still be more mad at carol than fury. Fury was never been remotely capable of finding a planet in outer space.

So the finale didn’t ‘save’ the show. Some plot issues, giving Tra I’m the real vial seemed like a huge risk, even if fury could some bow guarantee the Gi’ah would actually be in the machine when Gravik used it. Which they couldn’t really guarantee. And having all the avenagers dna all mixed up in vial is just a weird thing to begin with and Gi’ah is super overpowered now… Also what was the creepy body room at the end? Is Sonya starting Weapon X or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd hope someone would talk to Carol about why she dropped the ball with the Skrulls...but probably not.
    Fake Fury explained the situation pretty clearly. I don't know if that is the real explanation or not, but it seemed pretty plausible. There just wasn't an inhabited world out there without inhabitants already. Kind of a duh.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    The only shocking twist in this entire show was that decision that the president made. I was legit shocked by that, like wow wtf. Still doesn't point to how we eventually get Ross as the new MCU president.
    His dumbass alien killing campaign gets him out of term?

Astonishing Member

The worst MCU TV show for me and probably a lot of others as well. So underwhelming. Is anyone else talking about this show? Disinterest among the public. Not good for Feige and the MCU.

One good thing I'll say is that I liked the G'iah fake-out, even if it makes you question everything "Fury" said in that scene. I guess it was close enough to the truth?

While I don't like the implication that Skrodey's been around since the end of "Civil War," perhaps the one good thing to come from it is that it will give Rhodey (and Cheadle) a spotlight in terms of finding out/dealing with Tony's death in "Armor Wars." Despite being his best friend, he had to get in line behind Pepper and Peter (and later Morgan and Happy) in terms of emotional moments dealing with his loss. Random thought: I wouldn't mind if the kid from IM3 came back as Rhodey's sidekick wearing the Guardsman armor. (he's going to need some kind of supporting cast)