Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Invasion

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Thinking the EMH cartoon handled this better.
    A live action TV show couldn't handle a budget with super-heroes. Instead the audience is offered minimal special effects with no capes. Boring but cheap.

This show is so unbelievably boring. The comics were so interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Another head scratcher. Shoulda dumped him in an incinerator or vat of lye or something. If chopping his head off makes it revert to a Skrull finger, then shooting him should also cause him to revert... (Then again, if there's really a bunch of Skrulls on Earth, living undercover, surely someone would have a heart attack or get hit by a bus and expose the infiltration, if they all changed back when they died!)
    Yeah, I think we're going to have to accept this is still a Marvel version of a political thriller in terms of believability. To get even more nitpicky, when they were torturing the Skrull, there's no way he wouldn't have bled and the blood that left his body, whether it's on the floor or someone's fist etc, would have reverted back to Skrull blood, which we know doesn't look like human blood. So even that should've given him away. (and couldn't he have shifted to a smaller person to get out of those chains/cuffs? Maybe he's just never seen a child...)

Astonishing Member

The Fury / Rhodey scene was some great acting I felt. They really got to cut loose and had some good stuff there. I liked the political interplay with the remaining Skrulls. They also casually answered why they aren't reaching out to the remaining ex Avengers/super powered allies for help. It was a convenient answer Fury gave but ok.

I agree about them needing to explain what Fury and Carol tried or didn't try to fulfill the promise. Even if its just a few lines. Because, they look like assholes who were using these Skrull children for spywork then not giving a rats ass about them. You almost need something from Carol about a couple races they tried to reach out too and none of them would take the refugees because they were warmongering idiots as suggested here in the council meeting scene.

In endgame she specifically talked about all the ground she was covering and couldnt make it back to earth. While she was doing that and helping other races recover from the Snap before saving Tony. What did she do for the Skrulls?

Extraordinary Member

Secret Invasion Has Second Lowest Premiere Viewership For Disney+ MCU Shows

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Secret Invasion Has Second Lowest Premiere Viewership For Disney+ MCU Shows
    This is misleading as it only includes smart TVs. I don't know why people keep sharing this info smh

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    This is misleading as it only includes smart TVs. I don't know why people keep sharing this info smh
    Still a good comparison of only MCU shows with households of smart TVs. Still lagging far behind the other shows in viewership and critical ratings.

Astonishing Member

So I liked this weeks better. Im still not totally sold on this. But I will keep watching.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    A live action TV show couldn't handle a budget with super-heroes. Instead the audience is offered minimal special effects with no capes. Boring but cheap.
    Sometimes I think "If they can't afford the effects? Why do it?"" I'm finding it hard to get into this show. Haven't watched the second ep yet.

Still a good comparison of only MCU shows with households of smart TVs. Still lagging far behind the other shows in viewership and critical ratings.
    Sure but that doesn't mean it's lagging overall. Think about how many people have Firesticks, tablets, laptops or watch via their consoles (like me.)

Fury with hair and the eyepatch is the spitting image of Ultimate Fury from his first appearance in Ultimate X-Men.

Do G'iah and Gravik count as childhood friends? Or was this the first time they ever really got to know each other after the meeting?

"I'M AN AMERICAN! I'M AN AMERICAN!" That was so stereotypically American that it had to be a Skrull.

Maria Hill's mom! I don't think she's ever actually appeared in the comics, I think they only ever showed her dad. Not that it would be the first time the MCU made up a family member for the sake of the plot. She doesn't really sound American.

The invasion went even deeper than Fury knew. Sounds like 90% of Skrulls are living on Earth, and some have already infiltrated top positions in governments. I mean, the British Prime Minister? The chairman of NATO? That's a pretty huge red flag and pays out with the Skrull Council immediately giving Gravik control. Fury should have been more involved but Talos probably gave his people too much leeway.

Is there more to the fall of Skrullos and the Skrulls than Talos has told Fury?

Mentioning Emperor Doregg's enclave makes me wonder if they're backing Gravik and his group so the Skrulls can all take over Earth.

So, basically Fury enlisted these Skrull refugees into being his spies and working with him with the promise that he would deliver a new home for them...which is a promise he did not keep. Well, neither did Carol, which I guess is supposed to be justified because she's just so busy doing whatever it is she does off-screen in outer space that they've never really shown us. Feels like they both kind of dropped the ball with the Skrulls.

I appreciate the Skrull Council makes decisions in their natural Skrull form.

How strong are normal Skrulls supposed to be? Couldn't that prisoner have just broken out of those chains and escaped? Or slipped out of those restraints? I guess maybe he didn't want to give away he was a Skrull but he could just kill everybody and leave no witnesses.

I know this is black ops, cover espionage, spy stuff which often enters into a morally grey area but...I kind of thought torture was pretty frowned upon nowadays, even to enemy combatants? Not that Fallsworth is meant to be a hero, but...

I was actually expecting the guy to tell her her boss is a Skrull.

So not that they're actually going to deal with the Avengers if they come back, but I guess their plan for the Avengers is the MCU Super-Skrulls. I guess Groot's DNA explains the tree arms from the Skrull in the trailer but what do they get out of Cull Obsidian? I wonder how much specialized DNA they've harvested.

Can Rhodey just pop on his War Machine armor now like Tony did? Or summon it? Of course they tease us with some armor action we know we're not going to get. Man knows how to play the political game.

Have Rhodey and Fury ever exchanged a single line of dialogue before this point? I don't think they were even on-screen together in Iron Man 2. Like, you can imagine they've had conversations but I don't remember ever seeing them share a scene or conversation outside maybe Tony's funeral.

"Friends?" So FalCap? Bucky? Ant-Man? Hulk? Maybe Hawkeye in a pinch? I don't think Dr. Strange takes these kinds of calls.

You know Fury is grasping at straws when he plays the "because we're both black" card to try to get his way, and even the "even when I'm out, I'm in" was pretty basic by Fury's standards. He's barely holding it together. Although he was still employed by the US government to the point where he can get fired?

Ross ends up married to the Contessa while Fury gets an OC Skrull wife whose human form is black because of course it is. Is she the same woman who introduced Fury to Gravik at the beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Have Rhodey and Fury ever exchanged a single line of dialogue before this point? I don't think they were even on-screen together in Iron Man 2. Like, you can imagine they've had conversations but I don't remember ever seeing them share a scene or conversation outside maybe Tony's funeral.
    They weren't on the same screen together, but they both showed up with the new Hellicarrier at the climax of Avengers: Age of Ultron, so they've worked together at least once that we know of.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Sure but that doesn't mean it's lagging overall. Think about how many people have Firesticks, tablets, laptops or watch via their consoles (like me.)
    Again lagging behind the other MCU shows. Other people have used Firesticks, tablets, laptops, or consoles for the MCU shows. It's only above Ms. Marvel. Time will tell if it grows a bigger audience.

Again lagging behind the other MCU shows. Other people have used Firesticks, tablets, laptops, or consoles for the MCU shows. It's only above Ms. Marvel. Time will tell if it grows a bigger audience.
    You missed my point. I'm saying it's only lagging behind other MCU shows when it comes to that one source. But it could be doing better than other MCU shows via other sources. So this metric, alone, doesn't mean much.

I saw someone point out that the DNA they're harvesting for the Super Skrulls actually might be facsmilie's of the FF's powersets:

Groot - Mr. Fantastic

Frost Beast - Invisible Woman?

Extremis - Human Torch

Cull Obsidian - The Thing