Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Invasion

Incredible Member

Default Secret Invasion

How long has Fury been away from Earth? Hard to keep track of the IRL MCU timeline at times.

Fury teaming-up with Talos, Ross, and other government types to head off the Skrulls .

You know it's serious when he brings back the eyepatch and jacket .

Anyone wanna bet Ross is a Skrull?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This show would probably be the best shot for the AoS to be recognized as canon. Outside of Talos and Ross, Fury will be hurting for allies.

I just hope it doesn't retcon any heroes as having been replaced by Skrulls at whatever points.. that would just tick me off.. the "super skrulls" concept was old news in the comics by the time they came out with Secret Invasion, but Skrulls in general are brand new to the movies, and the Fantastic Four haven't even had their proper debut yet. I hope they just have skrulls replace regular people, not heroes.

Astonishing Member

They need to just go ahead and make Sharon Carter a Skrull after FATWS. Its the only thing that will make sense and tie that arc up.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    They need to just go ahead and make Sharon Carter a Skrull after FATWS. Its the only thing that will make sense and tie that arc up.
    It might just since Armor Wars is set right after Secret Invasion and If I remember correctly Sharon was dealing in weapons the last times we saw her.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

What didn't make sense about her turn? She got branded a fugitive for helping Cap, they forgot about her, that bitterness lead her to villainy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What didn't make sense about her turn? She got branded a fugitive for helping Cap, they forgot about her, that bitterness lead her to villainy.
    Cap was alive. Why didn't she call him? He and Black Widow were not on the run anymore. They were in desperate need of allies and would have easily cleared her too. There is no way in hell Steve Rogers wouldn't have literally moved heaven and earth to clear her name and get her back. She had nothing to be bitter about with that gaping plot hole.

She becomes an international terrorist suddenly? Murders people in cold blood? The only thing that made any sense is if that isn't Sharon Carter. It is a Skrull using her to be the Power Broker.

Incredible Member

Looks pretty intriguing. I'm there for it.

Kinda a boring trailer....

Unglaublich!

I'd watch Emilia Clarke read the weather!

Cap was alive. Why didn't she call him? He and Black Widow were not on the run anymore. They were in desperate need of allies and would have easily cleared her too. There is no way in hell Steve Rogers wouldn't have literally moved heaven and earth to clear her name and get her back. She had nothing to be bitter about with that gaping plot hole.

She becomes an international terrorist suddenly? Murders people in cold blood? The only thing that made any sense is if that isn't Sharon Carter. It is a Skrull using her to be the Power Broker.
    How do you expect her to call him? Look up his number on Google? She got plenty to be bitter about as she was left out to dry by the people she's help. Being an Avenger Cap very likely got caught up in the bigger picture and neglected his personal relationship.

How do you expect her to call him? Look up his number on Google? She got plenty to be bitter about as she was left out to dry by the people she's help. Being an Avenger Cap very likely got caught up in the bigger picture and neglected his personal relationship.
    I would think they'd have some form of communication between them but it's obvious the filmmakers just didn't care that much about Sharon.

Personally I think the whole Power Broker thing is dumb and I'm ready for it to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would think they'd have some form of communication between them but it's obvious the filmmakers just didn't care that much about Sharon.

Personally I think the whole Power Broker thing is dumb and I'm ready for it to be over.
    The power broker thing is fine with me. We never got to know Sharon in the MCU so I don't see this direction as nonsensical. Not like any of the heroes checked in on the supporting cast of their films if they weren't already a hero. When's the last time Thor check up on Darcy and Selvig? Has Banner acknowledge Betty's existence?

The power broker thing is fine with me. We never got to know Sharon in the MCU so I don't see this direction as nonsensical. Not like any of the heroes checked in on the supporting cast of their films if they weren't already a hero. When's the last time Thor check up on Darcy and Selvig? Has Banner acknowledge Betty's existence?
    I just think it was a dumb twist and a disrespect to the character of Sharon Carter.

The MCU is getting as bad with supporting characters as modern comics .