Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Invasion

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Cap was alive. Why didn't she call him? He and Black Widow were not on the run anymore. They were in desperate need of allies and would have easily cleared her too. There is no way in hell Steve Rogers wouldn't have literally moved heaven and earth to clear her name and get her back. She had nothing to be bitter about with that gaping plot hole.

She becomes an international terrorist suddenly? Murders people in cold blood? The only thing that made any sense is if that isn't Sharon Carter. It is a Skrull using her to be the Power Broker.
    Honestly, that may make this somewhat interesting. If people haven't been replaced with Skrulls, then what is the point of doing Secret Invasion?!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Looks pretty solid to me, I'm hoping Bucky and Cap show up.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Looks pretty solid to me, I'm hoping Bucky and Cap show up.
    It'd be cool if they got at least one major hero other than Rhodey to show up, but this looks like a very scaled back version of Secret Invasion.

I read somewhere how much of a missed opportunity it was not to have any post-credit scenes in the films involve revealing certain characters were Skrulls to hype this up, but that's probably because there aren't going to be a lot of significant characters involved in this.

Niffleheim

If they're going to make Fury run or fight I hope Sam Jackson has a stunt double.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    If they're going to make Fury run or fight I hope Sam Jackson has a stunt double.
    Do you not hope this for every actor?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Do you not hope this for every actor?
    I don't have to even expect it because it is done automatically lol! I'm remembering Fury running in Captain Marvel and I didn't like it. He looked young but he was running like an old man.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I don't have to even expect it because it is done automatically lol! I'm remembering Fury running in Captain Marvel and I didn't like it. He looked young but he was running like an old man.
    At least it isn't Ezra Miller's Flash run.

Niffleheim

Both took me out of the movie tbh

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'd be cool if they got at least one major hero other than Rhodey to show up, but this looks like a very scaled back version of Secret Invasion.

I read somewhere how much of a missed opportunity it was not to have any post-credit scenes in the films involve revealing certain characters were Skrulls to hype this up, but that's probably because there aren't going to be a lot of significant characters involved in this.
    It just seems tonally to be similar to the Cap and Winter Soldier show so it feels like it would make sense to team them with Fury.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Bruh, I cracked up at that part. the de-aging can only do so much to help out, lol

Don't get me started on that swim-run thing they do
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Yeah, looks like they are treating this as a Nick Fury piece -- lots of espionage. I'm not really a big Fury fan. Even in comics, I was more into SHIELD than solo Nick. That said -- I wasn't a fan of the SHIELD TV series since it didn't use comic book characters as members. The trailer had no aha moment for me.

Extraordinary Member

I hope they don't say that Sharon's a Skrull. Becoming The Power Broker is literally the only thing interesting about her.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I'm wondering if *any* major hero has been replaced at this point.

This is definitely a scaled back, more espionage style take on Secret Invasion, and in theory I very much approve of that. But if any big Avenger was gonna show up, you'd think the trailer would show that right? The appeal of Invasion was trying to figure out who was a Skrull, who had infiltrated the heroic community and how they used that influence to their advantage. But so far we're not seeing anyone other than Rhodes and Fury's regular circle. We can't even ask if the heroes have been replaced because no hero has shown up at all.

So either this is scaled back to the point it'll just be a bunch of government nobodies being replaced and no hero (other than Rhodes maybe) will be involved, or the marketing really missed the appeal of the story when they put the trailer together.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I hope they don't say that Sharon's a Skrull. Becoming The Power Broker is literally the only thing interesting about her.
    One could argue she's too dumb as the Power Broker to be a Skrull .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm wondering if *any* major hero has been replaced at this point.

This is definitely a scaled back, more espionage style take on Secret Invasion, and in theory I very much approve of that. But if any big Avenger was gonna show up, you'd think the trailer would show that right? The appeal of Invasion was trying to figure out who was a Skrull, who had infiltrated the heroic community and how they used that influence to their advantage. But so far we're not seeing anyone other than Rhodes and Fury's regular circle. We can't even ask if the heroes have been replaced because no hero has shown up at all.

So either this is scaled back to the point it'll just be a bunch of government nobodies being replaced and no hero (other than Rhodes maybe) will be involved, or the marketing really missed the appeal of the story when they put the trailer together.
    I think that is 90% the case.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    . That said -- I wasn't a fan of the SHIELD TV series since it didn't use comic book characters as members.
    Daisy Johnson aka Quake says hello.