Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Elsa Bloodstone with dark hair looks so weird. With that jacket she looks like Jessica Jones.
    Funny. When she was in "The Nevers" I kept thinking of her as a Victorian J Jones. I guess the black hair makes sense since they were doing it in black and white.

****SPOILERS*******
    -- I loved it! I want a series with Elsa and Jack. I'm glad this wasn't an origin, but there's obviously a lot of blanks to fill in, in terms of his history. (and with Ted)
    -- Ted was cool, but I do wish they'd gone practical for him like they did with Jackwolf. You don't need for him to be so expressive with his face for us to feel for him. It's like they forgot how many times an audience has fallen in love with simple puppetry. The effect of his burning touch was great though.
    -- Ulysses must've been a real prick. This contest was built to decimate their ranks, pitting them against each other. That one guy seemed to be from Khamar-taj, was that one guy Wakandan? And was the person in white an elf of some kind?
    -- The stepmom was awesome though (sorry, forgot her name) - she really leaned into the old-school monster movie vibe.
    -- I really wanted Elsa to pick up that shotgun at the end. Next time...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-07-2022 at 06:04 AM.

Marvel finally getting a definitive W again feels good.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

While the news that it might be slightly campy didn't turn me off, it had made me turn my expectations slightly lower which perhaps accounts from me walking away thinking that this just might have been my favorite Marvel project ever! While there were certainly some campy humor, especially in the beginning, and they did lay it on thick with the homages to the classic Universal monster movies with a little bit of over dramatic acting here and there it really did deliver an amazing Werewolf by Night story that did feel like it could have happened in the comics back in the day.

I loved the practical effects for the Werewolf, and the way they showed us the transformation through strobe-light like shadows was really creative. And with the film being in black and white they were able to get away with a surprising amount of violence that was appropriate for a werewolf decimating a small army of goons.

I really hope everyone loved this as much as I did and that they decide to make more of this.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Definitely want more. And loved the Man-Thing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Definitely want more. And loved the Man-Thing.
    Man-Thing making jack tea at the end was awesome.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

Werewolf by Night was awesome.

It was very much like a "Late, Late Show" feature from back in the day.

Seeing Man-Thing do his thing and seeing Werewolf by Night go berserk at the end was awesome.

EDIT: It's interesting seeing Gael Garcia Bernal and Diego Luna in Marvel and Star Wars stuff. Seeing them in Y Tu Mama Bien all those years back and you won't envisage seeing them in these sort of large productions.
    Last edited by Username taken; 10-07-2022 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Man-Thing making jack tea at the end was awesome.
    It was coffee with a French Press. I like how they didn't explain anything about Man Thing except his name is Ted.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It was coffee with a French Press. I like how they didn't explain anything about Man Thing except his name is Ted.
    That it was even daintier than I thought makes it all the more better. Move over Rocket and Groot, Jack and Man-Thing are the new hotness and I'm there for it.

Ultimate Member

This was much better than I expected, and I like how they didn't over-explain stuff. No significant backstories for the other hunters. No 'origin story' for Jack, Ted or Ulysses. (And only kinda/sorta for Elsa, whose past we hear a little bit about, but it's not like we got a bunch of flashbacks or training montages.) Just straight into the story.

I also like that Elsa at least got in a swear at the end, and certainly was not the terrified damsel she may have appeared to be during the trailer/teaser.

Now that was very cool. High and tight, Ted got pulled off pretty well.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I want more of that Marvel.

Felt like a Dead of Night mini.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

This was excellent, only flaw is that it could have been longer.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That it was even daintier than I thought makes it all the more better. Move over Rocket and Groot, Jack and Man-Thing are the new hotness and I'm there for it.
    The need to give us a "Like" button.

Astonishing Member

I thought it was pretty good. I was a little surprised it was the Jack Russell version of the Werewolf, because I had heard before that it would be the Jake Lopez version. In fact, this one did seem more like a Lopez (I mean, let's be frank here, Jack Russell was a blond well-heeled Malibu surfer boy. He was one of the whitest characters in comics even back in the '70s). Now that we've had werewolves and witches and Man-Things, as well as vampires supposedly coming, I'm keeping my fingers crossed they include the Monster of Frankenstein in something. I know Marvel's Frankenstein isn't particularly popular, but he's a personal favorite and, well, I can dream can't I?

I'm kind of wondering if we'll see more of Man-Thing in the MCU. Seeing as the MCU is in the middle of a Multiverse Saga and Man-Thing is the guardian of the Nexus of All Realities and all.

Liked this a lot. Glad the Werewolf wasn’t overly CGI but more like the 1940s Wolfman