Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    While the news that it might be slightly campy didn't turn me off, it had made me turn my expectations slightly lower which perhaps accounts from me walking away thinking that this just might have been my favorite Marvel project ever! While there were certainly some campy humor, especially in the beginning, and they did lay it on thick with the homages to the classic Universal monster movies with a little bit of over dramatic acting here and there it really did deliver an amazing Werewolf by Night story that did feel like it could have happened in the comics back in the day.

I loved the practical effects for the Werewolf, and the way they showed us the transformation through strobe-light like shadows was really creative. And with the film being in black and white they were able to get away with a surprising amount of violence that was appropriate for a werewolf decimating a small army of goons.

I really hope everyone loved this as much as I did and that they decide to make more of this.
    QFT. This was really a great way to do a story like this. It really felt like one of those wacky 1970s monster stories.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

It was really great. Shots of red from the bloodstone were cool, and I loved the one shot fight scene for Jackwolf.

I wasn’t sure how much I’d like the practical werewolf suit outside of it just being fun and campy, but some shots of it looked INSANELY cool. I hope they keep it going forward.

Both Elsa and Jack are great additions to the MCU and I really want to see more of them. It would be quite cool if we could get Halloween-timed content featuring them each year.

We’ve got to be getting Midnight Sons at some point featuring Elsa, Jack, Ted, Moon Knight, and Blade (assuming that movie happens) - and maybe Scarlet Witch? It would be fantastic.

This has made me very excited for the GOTG Holiday Special, and I hope we get more “Special Presentations” going forward.

And yeah, let Giacchino get some more stuff to direct

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    It was really great. Shots of red from the bloodstone were cool, and I loved the one shot fight scene for Jackwolf.

I wasn’t sure how much I’d like the practical werewolf suit outside of it just being fun and campy, but some shots of it looked INSANELY cool. I hope they keep it going forward.

Both Elsa and Jack are great additions to the MCU and I really want to see more of them. It would be quite cool if we could get Halloween-timed content featuring them each year.

We’ve got to be getting Midnight Sons at some point featuring Elsa, Jack, Ted, Moon Knight, and Blade (assuming that movie happens) - and maybe Scarlet Witch? It would be fantastic.

This has made me very excited for the GOTG Holiday Special, and I hope we get more “Special Presentations” going forward.

And yeah, let Giacchino get some more stuff to direct
    Yeah! Midnight Sons would be interesting. I'd even settle for...

The Night Shift

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-09-2022 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    QFT. This was really a great way to do a story like this. It really felt like one of those wacky 1970s monster stories.
    Ever read Dead of Night? This was exactly like one of those.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think this is the best thing the MCU has put out Sean's the last spiderman movie.

Now would be a good time for a Doctor Strange/Scarlet Witch/Ghost Rider/Blade/Man-Thing/Moon Knight/Agatha Harkness/Elsa Bloodstone series.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Now would be a good time for a Doctor Strange/Scarlet Witch/Ghost Rider/Blade/Man-Thing/Moon Knight/Agatha Harkness/Elsa Bloodstone series.
    They sort of are with Midnight Suns
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Strange and Wanda seem a bit 'big' but then the Avengers managed to have Black Widow, Hawkeye and Captain America not seem totally redundant teamed up with Thor, Iron Man and the Hulk, so I suppose it's doable.

I'd definitely like to hear Elsa snarking on Marc, in their snappy British accents.

Having Agatha, or even Mordo! (or Hellstrom? Or are we still not talking about the non-MCU-canonical-show-that-shall-not-be-named?), as their 'mage' could be more fun than having Strange or Wanda overshadow everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd definitely like to hear Elsa snarking on Marc, in their snappy British accents.
    I could see her calling him out for not really being British. Confusion ensues...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Strange and Wanda seem a bit 'big' but then the Avengers managed to have Black Widow, Hawkeye and Captain America not seem totally redundant teamed up with Thor, Iron Man and the Hulk, so I suppose it's doable.

Having Agatha, or even Mordo! (or Hellstrom? Or are we still not talking about the non-MCU-canonical-show-that-shall-not-be-named?), as their 'mage' could be more fun than having Strange or Wanda overshadow everyone else.
    I was thinking this too use the Halloween special to get Hellstrom or even introduce Doctor Voodoo get some more magic users in.

Liked it but damn where those Monster Hunters terrible. And those were the best ones?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Ever read Dead of Night? This was exactly like one of those.
    Yes of course! Sort of quirky horror, on the edge between adult and kid comic.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Liked it but damn where those Monster Hunters terrible. And those were the best ones?
    With the length of the show being what it was it didn't make much sense to give the cannon fodder more backstory or show them being more proficient really. There wasn't time for that when you had to showcase Elsa, Jack and Man Thing. You just had to take their word for it with the number of kills listed for each and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    With the length of the show being what it was it didn't make much sense to give the cannon fodder more backstory or show them being more proficient really. There wasn't time for that when you had to showcase Elsa, Jack and Man Thing. You just had to take their word for it with the number of kills listed for each and move on.
    How do you beat a Monster hunter? Well, mostly you just hide and they will kill themselves...If only the Monsters knew that...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Perhaps not having their usual weaponry and only fighting with what was strewn about the maze affected their usual proficiency.